General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Posting Pictures and HTML tricks

The purpose of this message is to answer two questions:

• How do I include pictures in my postings?
    ....and
  • How do I do all those other cool little things like you just did right here with these two bullets...and...OOOooo....that line coming up next?

Including Pictures in my postings:
  • First, you should understand that this forum does not HOST your pictures. What this means is that we do not in any way hold, maintain, store, archive, or handle your images. But we will display them for you!

• Next, in order to have your pictures displayed here, you will need to post them on a web server capable of dishing them up on command through the use of the tag in the body of your posting. If you don't know what this means or how to do that....no problem! Just do what most folks here do and go to....

• Photobucket! Yep, Photobucket is free and will make all these problems go away. Just click the blue Photobucket link, and when you get there click on the big "Sign up now" button, give them the information they need and you are up and running!

• Once you have signed up with Photobucket, and are in your "album", just browse to, and open the picture you want to include in your posting. Next, hit the submit button, and Photobucket will make it available on the internet. It will also show you a small "thumbnail" of your picture in your album.

• To put that picture in your message, just copy the middle line of text below the picture labeled Tag and paste that into the body of your message.

• ***NOTE*** - If you are new to this, PLEASE use the "Preview Message" button at the bottom of your message often to make sure you got it right. It's free of charge and will make you the life of the party!

HTML Tricks

If you've ever seen people do cool things with the text in their messages....and the image stuff you learned above is not enough to keep you on the "A" party list....try some of these tricks below. You're sure to be the life of the party once again! Just try sticking some of the following "angle bracket gobbledy gook" in your message (of course changing out words like Blue-text-here for the actual text you want blue) and see what happens! ***NOTE*** If you don't know what you are doing....hit Preview Message often to check it out!

URL Linking - Link Text </a>

Display Images -

Blue Font Color - Blue-text-here </font>
    Blue Text Looks Like This
    homework....try red and green too!

Larger Font - Larger-text-here </font>
    Larger Text Looks Like This

Even Larger Font - Even-Larger-text-here </font>
    Even Larger Text Looks Like This

Underlined Text - Underlined-text-here</u>
    Underlined text looks like this

Strike Through Text - Strikethrough-text-here </strike>