General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
EBay is Bone DRY

OK, now I know it's summer time but I don't think I've ever seen it this bad. As of right now, there are:

40 Cones
75 Flats
160 Pulls

Posted on EBay.

Did the world end or was there some rush to recycle metal or something? Usually there is enough online to keep me browsing for about an hour. Five minutes? WASSUP?

Re: EBay is Bone DRY

OK, must have been a glitch. Now there are listings

I got on ebay winter of '99-'00, cans were in full swing. When did it start, were any of you there when beercans were added as a category and how many can listings were there, etc??
I remember back then constantly losing cans to an eric61096 or someone like that.

Ken---I seen the same thing as you did.

I clicked on "highest first" on ebay and seen Ed's Rosalie and White Horse dumpers and as I scrolled down there were Billy Beer for $5.99. Yup--another ebay Glitch

Later--Brent

Re: Re: EBay is Bone DRY

9 of those cones are mine, I'll list 9 more tonight to keep ebay going LEON.

I got about 90 cones i will sell but am too lazy to list!! Plus..only tough cans are selling good now, so I would rather trade. Whos got something real tough for 90 indoor conetops?

What alarmed you may have been a glitch, but it's sure lacking the number of cones & flats that were on there about 4 or 5 months ago! I've only been watching it since the holidays, but I remember routinely seeing 300 to 400 cones back then. I guess maybe it's a seasonal fluctuation? Anyone with years of experience care to clarify? Like I said, I've been back in the hobby less than a year. John

I've been on since 1999 & It's always Fluctuated up & down. There is slightly more cans on overall now (now meaning past few years)then back in 1999. The easier cans getting pretty routine which I assume accounts for falling prices on the easier stuff? LEON.

Quool, when are you back in town? Would love to get together and tip a couple.

Quoolbreeze....I'm interested in any indoor lo pro cones I don't have. Let me know what you've got.

Hey Quool you got any beverwyck cones? Still need several variations and lots of upgrades.
mike

Ebay does seem to be drying up to me. Seems to me there's usually 3000 or more cans for sale at any time. Its been under 2000 for weeks, and I haven't seen anything I've thought about bidding on for weeks. Its the longest dry spell I can ever remember. Of course, my memory isn't what it used to be.....

All a matter of speciality. This past 10 days I picked up three really tough Michigan cans after a long dry spell of anything really tough.

Also should have a super tough Goebel OD here early next week (few and very far between on those). Other than some last second sniping bids driving up the price on me, very happy adding two of my most wanted Michigan cans. This now makes eight beer and seven ale, and one day will have the full set! -Randy

I noticed you were bidding on those cans Randy and was hoping you would win!--Con-grats!! ---Brent

Randy, You stole the Guinness Cheap, I would have payed alot more myself. I once seen Lewandowski Brothers & Foley go on a bidding war for one with a different lot# they needed. End result, a P.O.S. grade 5 for $400 area

Leon: I did bid higher on both cans and almost got them much cheaper if not for a sniping bidder. Good for me the Lewandowski's are no longer competition, and the multi-id collector of "can-addict, mcporky, dslbintwo, mypilesitch, ..." (all the same person) already has a really nice beer and ale in his collection and seems only interested in one of each. -Randy

Randy, Your missing about another 3 alias names I can think of to your list for our Michigan collecting buddy.

Re: Re: Re: EBay is Bone DRY

Nice gossip. Better watch what you say....