General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Alaska highway dump Round 3

I was able to make it down to the Alaska highway dump a third time. I took along my wife. I could only stay for about 3 hours though. You married men will understand why. ENOUGH SAID. I also brought back a few oil cans. If anybody wants to trade for any of them let me know. Chris....... imagehostingbyphotobucket imagehostingbyphotobucket

Re: Alaska highway dump Round 3

Hey, is this really from CHRIS???? I don't believe so...there's no big dog sniffing around the picture...

email sent...

You definitely found a soda and oil can jackpot. I have a few relatives in Alaska, but never got up that way. My mom was actually born in Fairbanks. Chris, just in case you didn't already know this and I am by know means trying to steer you away from cans, if you ever find an earlier dump 1890-1910 in Alaska, definitely dig it. Almost all embossed bottles from Alaska bring $100 to $1000. For example, drugstores and slugplate sodas. Whiskey bottles and stoneware jugs from bars or saloon's from Alaska can demand even higher prices. Just in case you didn't already know. But as far as finding cans, you are doing an excellent job. Robert

I can't wait until Chris & Yukon find the 1930s roadside dump - its going to be killer!

Ed

Hey Chris,
A friend of mine saw the nice "Coke" flat I got from you and he wants one now!! Do you have any left? I will see what I have to trade (mostly cones) or he would buy one from you?
Let me know!
Thanks,
Ron
baconblue1@aol.com