General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Wally's Collection Has Sold

The bids are in and the collection has been sold

Re: Wally's Collection Has Sold

... and my bid didn't even come close. I'm sure Ted will make money on this collection, but I would think it'll take a long time to recoup his investment. Maybe he knows something I don't. I'm sure he knows what his customers will spend.

I think Wally's family got top dollar for the collection. Good for them!

Steve

OK, where can you find info about this auction???

Brian,

It wasn't an auction, really. It was just putting the collection up for sale to the highest bidder via private sale. If you search the newsroom you'll find some pics of the cans (Class, Apache cone, Clipper cone, etc).

If you're looking to purchase something specific I'm sure you could contact Ted Larsen directly.

FYI I don't think there were any Cumberland rarities in there.

Steve

Look for a deluge of Clippers from Los Angeles and non-OI Monograms. Wally may be the only guy who found the non-OI Monograms.He found them and the Clippers among others under an old dance hall. Im sure those were in the dumper boxes picked up by Ted.
Hopefully Ted will have this stuff in KC

out

Dan

Re: Re: Wally's Collection Has Sold

That's weird, Dan. When I did that story on DeCiccio's Clippers,
I cold-called Wally to ask just how many he'd found under that dance
floor. He told me "three." So really there are lots? And why on
Earth would he sit on such a great trade tote for so many years?

Re: Re: Re: Wally's Collection Has Sold

I bought my nice Clipper from Wally, My Monogram too about 12 years ago. He found a case or so of the Monograms, At that time only ones known of that Variation if I remember right? not sure about Clippers? LEON.

Dan, when I last visited Wally, I went through the garage pretty thoroughly and didn't see any of the Monograms or Clippers. I think that they were long gone. Roy might be able to put a figure on it, but there were a LOT of Monograms in the under the dance hall find.

Matt.

Matt , you saw only what Wally wanted you to see

Dan

Dan, That may be true, One of you Scogliettis told me they did not see a Apache while there last Time But I Knew he had one. Thought maybe he sold it since you did not see but guess not, It was with the recent Auction. So I guess Wally did not want you to see the Apache???????? LEON.

Wally had (2) Apaches a few years ago...

Hmmm, Never knew he had 2, Then why wouldn't he sell me one if he had 2? I've bugged him for it past 12 years? LEON.

That was Wally being Wally

out

Dan

A group of collectors met at Wally's and loaded everything but the cans up into Pat Franco's vehicle.

Absolutly great signs! You gents will have to go to the Portland, Oregon area to view all of it. Some will go up for sale, some will (and already has) gone into peoples collections.

The trickle down effect will be great. I had a chance to look the cans over also, start planning on getting to the CANvention.

talked to ted larsen via email,he said he would be taking the class,clipper,apache to the national convention.

You will not see the class, apache or the clipper at the KC canvention, they were already gone from Wally's on Saturday...

Some trickle down on the Wally cans have finally showed up on eBay, check out Tonyscollectibles on eBay , he has a handfull of dumpers which Im 99% sure they came from Wally's collection. The telltale cans are the Kool from LA and the Monogram non-OI. Since Tony is only a stones throw from Des Moines (Lincoln NE I think), Im sure he went up there to buy some stuff. Hopefully there will still be some rust left by the time canvention comes.

out

Dan

In talking with Ted LarsEn, I was told there was one Clipper ,6 monograms,3 Kools---I was buying a Blatz Olive drab Flat top--Should have been a J but for some reason has flat Food Can lids installed -I first saw it at Guzzle And Twirl in 1992---