General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Bottom Opened Flats Wanted

Hi -

While I still love to dump (when I find time) and do save my personal dumpers, I have gotten into collecting bottom-opened, indoor, all-original flattops. I just think they look nice on a shelf. Common, rare, or anything in between - doesn't really matter. I also enjoy state tax lids, vanity lids, slogan lids...whatever. In particular, I'm after some odd sizes (8s, 10s, 14s, 15s, 16s). If anybody has clean stuff like this in their trade stock, I'd love to see pics if possible!

Email me at brewsterrooster@comcast.net if you have spare cans like this, and perhaps we can swing a deal.

Thanks!

Re: Bottom Opened Flats Wanted

I've got tons, but would prefer to trade. I've got mostly pretty common stuff (under $30 BV type stuff). Got any tougher rust? -Mike

WOW!....that took me by suprise! Would have guessed that I had a ton of them like Mike....but they are either pulls, have defects, or are top opened. With that said....here is my humble offering. The only thing I did do right is find an 11oz Becker's.....oh....and the Gettelman has a bank top...that count?

Rand

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Mike -

I have TONS of rust. Lots of my good stuff has been traded in the past couple of years, although I'll bet with a little scraping around I might be able to find something of interest to you. Email me and let me know what you're after...

Rand -

I haven't really gotten into bank tops, but let me know if you're into trading or selling. The Becker's, although common, actually belongs on my shelf! I have the enamel 12oz with a cool Utah lid, so the 11 would have a home here. I might be interested in the Pabst, too - I wonder if it's a variation. Email me!

Thanks, guys.

Dave

Dave:

In your search for bottom opened, off-size, clean flat tops, you might want to check out this ebay auction for an 11oz Kol can that was just posted.

Rand

What is the story of that Becker's? As a kid in the 70's it seemed everyone had a mint air-sealed one. (I don't anymore).

Was there a big find of sheets that were rolled?

Mike & Rand -

Hey, sorry I sort of dropped off the planet there. I guess I am one of those "now you see him, now you don't" guys. It's been like that for years. I'd still like to be in touch with you two about the B/O flats. Just give me a few minutes to "pull my head out," and we'll be talking.

Dave