General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Brookdale Lodge Beer Can & Kool Stuff Show #2

It's coming up fast. The 2006 Brookdale Lodge Beer Can & Kool Stuff Show #2. November 4th/5th -Saturday/Sunday. Room to Room Saturday night. Trade Show on Sunday. 50 rooms at the lodge plus another 25 at the overflow motel 1.5 miles away. Last year was a sellout and loads of fun.

Hear Ye! Here Ye! ALL NEWBIES welcome!!! Now's the time to step up. Should be dumping avaliable before and after the show. Scatter dumping just minutes away. Last year, 2 groups went out to the mighty Sierras. Not sure what my schedule will be for digging, but can point you in the right direction. Would certainly like to see Andy & Bob out here- want to go "toe to toe" digging?? He He! - I could load them up with maps and send them off and see what they find! It would be awesome.

I'll see if my link works:

BROOKDALE LODGE BEER CAN AND KOOL STUFF SHOW

Last year show had rave reviews! It was the talk of the Sacto Show last spring. Hopefully Pat Franco will show up with all that great "Wally" Breweriana that nobody though about! Lots of incrediable rust and mint cans too!

Thanks and hope to see you there!

Ed S

BTW - I guess I will be back. I cant let things get me down. Life too short to sweat the little stuff!

Re: Brookdale Lodge Beer Can & Kool Stuff Show #2

Ed writes......."Would certainly like to see Andy & Bob out here- want to go "toe to toe" digging?? He He! - I could load them up with maps and send them off and see what they find! It would be awesome."

They would do fantastic,just like Andy and I, tell them who found all the cans while we were there? The truth shall cometh in the Rustlings he-he

SECOND BEHIND MASTER DALE
Dan B

I should be able to make it again. I love Brookdale and being in the mountain air. Pit dumping with Ed was awesome. I learned alot about detecting and pits. Stew Crook was a great host and is the king of scatter dumping. The show was outstanding with alot of great cans. I got to meet alot west coasties. The best part of the show was the look on Bakersfield George's face when he won the Lisco:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Heres a close up of the raffle can:

I'm looking forward to it!

Tom I.

An aluminum 2M Cervejas De Mocambique was the raffle can?
What kind of low rent show is this?

Rand

OK Rand, you forced my hand buddy!

A picture of Rand and Stew looking at a General Pulaski cone.

Later,

Tom I.

Here are some more photos from last years Brookdale show and pit dig!

The Lodge

Pete Duncan

The usual suspects Dave Rusk, a Raider, Carl Scheurman, Scott Field, Warren Hardaker, Mike Wilbur

Stews tent o rust: Stew, Ed, George and Bill

Bill Lindstrom and Dumpmeister Ed open up a big pit!

some of the cans unearthed

Should be another great show!

Tom I.

OK, Tom, you're not gonna let me win another raffle can, are you?

I say we borrow some maps from Ed and go find those Log Cabins for drinking, not flap jacks.

Wonder if the midgets will be back this year?

cg

1937 ad

I beleive these are the cans Tom picked up at last year's show! Steve Armstrong had an impressive picture of OIs he got there too!

Hope you guys make plans again - Tom & CG - sounds like Buddy Baker is headed out here too. Waiting to hear from Andy & Bob if they want to go toe-to-toe digging!

Great stuff to be had.... make plans now!

Ed

Re: Re: Brookdale Lodge Beer Can & Kool Stuff Show #2

arghhhh! The Nu Globe sign!!!!! PLeasepleasepleasepleaepleasepleasepleaseplease tell me your bringing the nu globe sign! I've been looking for that for years! I was hoping Wally Gilbert had one in his collection (would have bought it from Pat right on the spot!). Alas, no such luck. Still looking if someone has one to part with.

JCH

Here is the group of nice cans I got at the Brookdale show last year. I think all but a couple were acquired via room to room trading the night before the show, glad I was there to get these. The one Regal Amber OI (front face showing) is the version that has the Regal Amber can in the OI panel.

Sorry John - dont have a Nu Globe sign but what a killer sign it is!

HEY, MY LINK DOES WORK! (Thanks Rand!)
BROOKDALE BEER CAN AND KOOL STUFF SHOW #2 SAT/SUN NOV 4/5TH

Thanks, Ed

That Nu Globe sign is killer. John we would have to wrestle for that one if it showed up at the show. Hey Ed who had the El rancho sign last year. You kbow the one with the cowboy and an El Rancho can. I think it was one of the raiders. I wanted that sign bad but I didn't know how I was going to get it back on the plane. Is it still around? We used to have El Rancho Grocery stores in Yuma. Cool sign!

Later,

Tom I.

Tom, it would probably be yours. I purchased a chunk of Wally Gilbert's stuff from Pat, so finances are kind of tight at the moment. Being unemployeed doesn't help, either. Anybody require the services of a down-on-his-luck molecular biologist?

JCH

That looks like a beautiful setting and venue for a show.

Ed,

Will that hot blonde from your website be there? No rust on her, I can tell you that.

Keith

That's Rawleys sign... it was an ebay find. If you want signs though, I'll be sure to bring about 50 to the show.

Got lots of maps for pre-show digging... you all in?

Rand, want to meet north of Yosemite for a day trip of digging in the next couple of weeks?

Mike

> Rand, want to meet north of Yosemite for a day trip of digging..

Sign me up! Send me mail with what you're thinking.

> A picture of Rand and Stew looking at a General Pulaski cone.

Not at all Tom....if you note....I'm standing agast as Stew is
tenderly caressing a Clipper Pale.....a maneuver he no doubt
learned from all those gay themed pictures he buys....
and there's nothing wrong with that!

Rand

Rand, you crack me up!

(p.s. the above is not a "Gay interest" comment !!!)

More killer breweriana that could show up at the show.....!

San Diego, not Michigan!

By Vernon - Holy Smokes Bullwinkle!

An interesting one, because I always saw "...Has the Flavor" as Weiland's slogan, NOT Grace Bros. Who stole it - GB or Weiland's?

Here's Curious George at last year's Brookdale dig in the Sierras - strange things happen to him when he starts drinking those Triple Dark Bocks! (BTW - Mt Whitney is the highest mountain in CA)

1936 ad

Are you pumped yet to go to BROOKDALE??? Dont miss it! Make plans now! California is a great place to be in November!

Click Here for details for the BROOKDALE BEER CAN AND KOOL STUFF SHOW #2

Thanks! Ed & the 49er Chapter!

PS - the Hot Blond with Stew is the owner's daughter, Stew's boss & weekend bartender. Needless to say, when the free beer ran out, plenty of us were at the bar getting drinks! She also appeared in Playboy as one of the 10 sexiest bartenders in the country - I think it was a 2003 issue.

I need to get out there.. I'm going to try my hardest

Neat stuff from Wally's collection. I can't see Pat parting with the Golden Creme neon, and the GB light now resides with me. Tried to get him to part with an awesome Golden Glow sunray light but no go. The neatest thing I got from the collection was a huge Balboa Beer banner; eventually it will hang on my wall if I ever get my place cleaned up. Interesting comment Ed, about "Has the Flavor". I'd never noticed until you brought it up. Possibly there was a lawsuit? I know a whiskey company sued Maier, and possibly St. Claire over the use of the "Black & White" name as it had been used by the whiskey company for some time.

JCH

Brookdale Lodge

Pictures of the Golden Creme neon & G.B. orange de-light will undoubtedly be for sale at the next extravaganza.(gaze till the eyes go hazy)... The 2M aluminum was the raffle booby prize. The 49er gang has to do something uncanny.

Wow! Burgie Dave comes out of the woodwork! Welcome! Yes, Pat Franco will be at the Brookdale Lodge Show in November (please dont confuse this show with the lame-ass extracanza in Sunnyvale, because there is no comparison!) and he will be bringing lots of stuff that he got out of Wally's estate! I'll post some more pix tonight for him. Burgie Dave - will you be there?

Back to Tom's question about the El Rancho beer can sign. I believe Glenn Hines got it. What a cool and rare sign. Had a 10X El Rancho beer can on it! By Grace Bros even. I kick myself for not getting it!

Ice-Man: We have to discuss releasing the metal-detecting dumping video we made at last year's dig. Probably 20 minutes or so of how to pit detect & dig. Also have footage of the show itself. This is a real crack-up because I have on film; Scott Field & Stew Crook both opening up their wallets at the same time! Just like a snowstorm in San Francisco -Only once in a hundred years! That was right after the Rainier Jubilee frenzy where an old timer offed indoor Jubs for $10-30/can! 6 cases gone in 5 minutes. Also 6 of the harder Old Crown color set cans - I had these and put them back. Sold 30 seconds after that! Perhaps you go to the show - you get the free video?? Andy C had his movie camera when we were pulling Hop Golds out of the ground in July, but it was busted. Too bad because finds like that only happen every few years.

Killer breweriana will certainly be at the show. So will the dumpers! And with Buddy Baker going, there wil be nice shiney cans too! Made you plans yet? Please look into a plane ticket - it may be cheaper than you think!

Thanks, Ed

Just bumping this back to the top! Really would like to see some more RBers at the show. Last year we had 20+. Ross from Humboldt will you be there? Any AZ guys??? How about Paolo from down south??? I still have to work on getting my bro there - he has some lame excuse like no vacation time or sometihing - IT'S ON A WEEKEND! Fly into San Jose, San Francisco or Oakland on Friday night or Saturday morning - leave Sunday night - plenty of time for the show and getting back to the airport. You wont regret it! Will post more pix later this week - way too busy with making digging plans and....digging!

Just do it!
Thanx, Ed

Ed:

Last week after reading this post I reserved a room at the Lodge (like I did last year) and will try to make it this year. I had a blast in Sacramento this past March that whetted my appetite for attending more shows.

Ross

Ross: KOOL! Pokey is on board too. Rumor has it old-time RBer/Spokane Collector Nick Johnson is coming out of the woodwork for the show also.

Todays's dig with Mike Wilbur was fun. We dug lots of pits but mostly 50s-60s stuff. Stew cancelled at the last minute for I dont know what reason - broken detector/dentist/girlfriend - pick one.....

Ed

Hi Mike and Ed,... I'm going to try to make it,... I know, I've been saying that for the last couple of years! Gotta see what trickles down from the Wally Gilbert collection!...

Hey Paolo - just do it! It will be a blast.... you know there will be lots of LA stuff......

Just in....Alaska Chris is coming! He just booked. Yeah Buddy! Not sure if he is bringing Yukon or not??? Might be too warm for him with his fur coat!

Ed