General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Another "You Know You're an RBer When.."

You know you're an RBer when..

You pick the color of your new SUV based on what will blend into the woods best when you're out dumping!

"Humm, the red is nice but will stick out like a sore thumb, but the green will blend in at a distance nicely..."

Mark

Re: Another "You Know You're an RBer When.."

LOL! You know, I have a red pickup. And yes, it sticks out like a sore thumb sort of speak.

But, it also helps. One time I was in the forest where signs were posted everywhere, "NO CAMPING, USE OFFICIAL CAMPSITES." I pull up near this group camping in the woods. My truck is red and I get out wearing a tan work shirt, blue jeans, a plain blue ball cap. I get a shovel out of the back with my detector. What happens, the people pack up as quick as possible and leave.

Other times, I've had people think I work for the forest service fire department and ask if I can help them find there way. The red truck seems to work in my favor especially when you get out with a shovel.

But, I think green would be better. White, blue or silver is likely a poor colors. No official looking vehicles are painted those colors in woods are they?

I'd say you know you're a RBer when you have digging tools in your trunk or bed of your PU at ALL TIMES.

I'd say you know you're a RBer when you know what C2H2O4 is the chemical formula for.

I'd say you know you're a RBer when you annoy people when driving country roads because you're always driving slowly rubber necking around.

I'd say you know you're a RBer when you steer converstations to what people did and where they went camping, fishing and hunting to find cans.

I'd say you know you're a RBer when you spend more time than anyone else at parties, family gathering socials talking to old people to find where they dumped trash in the 30s.

Vince

and..

You know you're an RBer when you metal detect in Virginia and you're disappointed when you find Civil War artifacts because they're "too old."

Mark

Re: Re: Another "You Know You're an RBer When.."

You know your a Rusty Buncher when you Just paint your Truck Camoulage, Then you'll blend right in. LEON.

>White, blue or silver is likely a poor colors. No official looking vehicles are painted those colors in woods are they?

Yep! In Yosemite most of the official vehicles are white. My F150....white. Wouldn't believe the number of times I just get a "wave" from another white truck while in the wrong place.

Rand

Rand,

Good point.

And, I forgot, police vehicles are sometimes white. And here in Denver firetrucks are WHITE.

No let's see if there are any official vehicles painted metalic blue with tan leather seating. LOL!

Vince

i made a giant ghillie suit for my vehicle! the special forces guys would be proud. pics to follow.

AG

You know you're an RBer when you keep 2 shovels, misc. digging tools, a rake, a bucket, and a few pairs of gloves in your vehicle at all times!!! Have you ever taken 4 hrs. to get to the store and back. I have a few times and paid the consequences. Needless to say, I try not to do that anymore. I have found some of my best stuff on spur of the moments. Robert

Mst of you know I am a "Green Meanie" My Truck is white, FS fire trucks are green.

how about YOU KNOW YOUR A RUSTY BUNCHER when a piece of broken glass cuts thru you leather glove and cuts the crap out of your finger and you dont stop to get first aid because your finally finding cans after hours of digging during the summer heat.
no time to bleed!

more often than not, you have grade 3 OIs in the drinkholders of your pickup truck. (Truth)

you have cans in the mail delivered to work so your wife doesn't know about 'em. (Truth)

you coordinate a trip for your wife to Bronner's Christmas store with the Frankenmuth Summer Swap (another true story)

Re: Re: Another "You Know You're an RBer When.."

You are able to go to a show because your wife's best friend lives close by and they can hang while your at the show. That's how I'm able to squeeze the Richmond show in!
David