General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Sure I will play the NFL fantasy BUT

Look. i have been a rusty bunch dude for two years. I missed a dumping trip, sorry for me kotto. I have played NFL and MLB fantasy...and have paid atleast in football for cans. I have sent fellow Rusty Bunchers cans for free, and have paid and over paid and got short changed and got some decent deals for cans. I even had to pay for a fricking t shirt. The NFL Fanatsy should atleast reward a guy a can for playing the game, even if you get last place. Some guys can not hop on a plane and go from coast to wherever to dig cans. Maybe I am not as successful as some of you but that don't make me an outcast. At times I feel that this is a very CLICK-ISH board and club...and you all cater to a certain few. At no time has any Rusty Buncher even offerd to send me a free can, but I have sent free cans..you must be Republicans. Hell, I even had to pay for a fricking t-shirt. I will play NFL but let's share the wealth.

Sorry that I blew up

Kimble

Re: Sure I will play the NFL fantasy BUT

e-mail me your address and I will send you a free can.
I have some Schlitz dumper cones or even a dumper Krueger Baldy ale.
no one should feel left out or singled out due to lack of money, dumping success or political party choice.
danielj from the Red state of NC.

What do you collect, Tim? You've probably told me or posted it here, but I don't remember. I'd be happy to put some cans on your shelf if I have anything for you.

Sorry you didn't have a "warm-fuzzy" feeling after playing the fantasy game. I don't think there'd be anything wrong with the non-winners (nice way of saying losers, haha) getting a consolation prize and I'm sure the "payout" schedule could be made so that everyone gets something for participating. The fantasy game isn't really part of the RB but more of just a fun activity that just kind of came about on the side.

The underlying feeling that the RB is "clique-ee" should be a wakeup call to us all. I had the same experience for my first couple years where I would send cans out (especially for the Christmas wish list thing) and got nothing in return. Eventually it evens out - but it might not feel great when you keep giving and never get anything back. I see where you're coming from. Trust me that it really does all even out in time.

We should all make a concerted effort to welcome our fellow RBers, both new and vintage. It's called assimilation. Make the new guy feel welcome and involved as quickly as possible. Best way to welcome an RBer is with rust, in my opinion.

Tim, I appreciate your honesty. You didn't just say you're all a bunch of idiots and screw the RB. You didn't go on a rampage. You attacked nobody by name and still got your point across. I can't guarantee a larger collection for you, but let me work on it!

Steve

hey, i have been in an out all week and back out, will be back in full swing next week and make sure all this RB football thing is in place, one thing wiht me i only like a few folks where ever i am. i genreally dont like people as it is. i like some that are in the click ands some not in the click, too hard to please everyone, not enough time for me as i dont like to put in the effort, and i dont even know what politic party i am anyways, same with religion...oh well
kb

Is there any way that we could post what we collect, post our favorite cans that we hope to get someday and a shipping address? I don't have a whole lot to give out, but would have no problem establishing a regular can exchange with fellow RBers. Since becoming a member back in late winter, I've encountered nothing but friendliness, several new friends and have obtained some killer cans as a direct result of the Rusty Bunch. Thanks everyone.

So as not to exclude the non computer using RB members, let's just resurrect the RB Christmas wish list project. We'll put something in an upcoming Rustlings issue.

In case nobody remembers, you list 5 cans you'd like to get. It can be specific ... USBC ##/## or general ... any 12 oz IRTP can from the midwest. The more general the better your chance of getting something. I once asked for any Tudor cans and was bombarded. I must have gotten 15 different Tudor flats. Anyway, no pressure. If you have something on someone's list you can send it to them. If someone has something on your list they can send it to you. Very simple and it works. Nothing like getting a package from a RBer to put under the tree!!!

Steve

Sounds like a great idea. Rustlings would be perfect and fair to all who would like to particapate.

everyone in the fantasy league gets cans?? thats like them not keeping score in litle league because they do not want to hurt the kids feelings.we need to toughen them little *******s up and prepare them for the real world.
if you lose, YOU LOSE! go cry somewhere else! i lost, i paid up, game over. what fun is it if you cannot jokingly rub someones face in it or have your face rubbed in it.
enough of the political correctness and lets get this thing back on track. winners gets cans losers get diddly squat.

AG

Typical whining, give me something for free democrat! Stop the whining, quit looking for a hand out. I'll send you cans just to shut you up!

Later,

Tom Inman

Hey Kimble,
Previously I offered on this board to give you the location of dozens of different dumps at Lake of the Ozarks, but you never responded. Purchase one of those lake area maps with all the numbered lake roads labeled, send it to me, and I'll send it back to you with dozens of dump locations marked.

Again, sorry that I blew up. I will send a Lake map in the future. Thanks for you all comments.

tom and angry gary can suck on my Billy Beer

Love, Kimble