General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
anybody near Madison, Indiana

theres a guy posting on the bottle message board...sounds like hes finding stuff from the right period and has a lot of land to explore

<<

Status: offline I finally went explorin' on our 140 acres & didn't even begin to scratch the surface. I didn't dig, didn't check out the old barns or the spot where an old house used to be where there's still some of the foundation left. I found these at a place where someone used to burn their trash in the woods. I'm sure they're nothin', but it was still cool. I'll just have to post a link to my photobucket cuz I've tried twice now to post all 10 pics & it gives me an error. So anyways, the 1st pic, b10, says "Genuine Phillips" on it & still has some nasty milk of mag in it that's clumped up into a paste. The 2nd pic looks like a dish soap bottle as does the 3rd pic...LOL! The bottle in the 4th pic says "Log Cabin Syrup" on the bottom & has a pic of a log cabin on the base as well. The bottle in the 5th pic just looks like a ketchup bottle. The bottle in the 6th has an interesting base. Part of the circle from the suction is indented. I should take a pic, but it's late & I'm lazy..LOL! It looks like a parison mold. The bottle in the 7th pic says "Ball" on the base. Didn't they do Mason Jars? Anyways, probably just a vinegar bottle or somethin'. The jar in the 8th pic is a Nestle's jar, but the lid was too rusted out & just crumbled. The suction on the base is so off though, that the circle runs up into the body. The jar in the 9th pic has two perfectly rounded, indented circles on either side of the base. The jar in the last pic still has the plastic push-up thingy for the deodorant, but I broke it Sorry if I bored you...LOL! It was so fun though! Any & all info is more than welcome! >>>

someone might want to check out his post

http://www.antique-bottles.net/forum/Ok%21_Don%27t_laugh_at_me%21/m_68519/tm.htm

and email him about checking out his property...good luck

Re: anybody near Madison, Indiana

Hmmmm will look it up on map Northern Indiana here.

Thanks on info

I thought Madison was down by the Ohio river?

Hello

Madison is on the Ohio about half way between Cincinnati and Louisville. Best known for their Speed Boat Races (watching those go air born, now that's FUN).

Vinny

Vince is right, it’s between Cincinnati and Louisville along the Ohio River. That’s the area where I used to go dumping. I did my undergrad at Hanover College about 5-10 miles south of Madison. I used to go dumping along the roads along the river and all along the farm roads to the south of Hanover. I found a lot of Louisville brands, plus Sterlings, Old Crowns, etc. The best cans I found were a couple of OI Drewrys I discovered tucked under a wooden step that ran from the edge of campus downhill towards the river. There were abandoned houses along the river in the woods. I never found much in them, but I didn’t have a detector then so no telling what I missed. I did find one hillside covered in conetops and crowntainer but every single one of them was toast. Even at the bottom under all the rest everything was completely gone and crumbling.

This was a long time ago (1977-1981) but I still wonder if those old houses are sitting there today.

Mark

I mentioned I was from Northern Indiana but Ohio River ok
Thanks for info everyone.