General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Completed collection? Pacific can?

The response from the Colorado cans was fun. Seems like many are chasing those cans. I also like to pick up cans from Mecca, or Oklahoma as some may know it. Both these states, well, are nearly impossible for us mere mortals. However, I think I might have this state figured out that might well be a bit south of Mecca and Colorado (well north geographically). WYOMING! So, what variations are there?

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

It seems like if there were variations it would come in the side panal of the Sheridan cone.

Or, perhaps there's a IRTP version of the Beckers or an American Can Company version of the Sheridan flats?

This Acme can, on another tangent, seems odd: it's an American CanCo. "others pending" with clearly non-beaded lids like on Pacific cans. This is the only "others pending" can I have that has this type of lid - granted that's about ten cans. It seems like it's a Pacific can masquerading as an American can. Is it a spy? (I tried to put the smiley face with sun glasses here but can't figure it out - just imagine that it is here)
Perhaps there's a Sheridan flat with the same M.O..

Out, out
El Basurero

Re: Completed collection? Pacific can?

Regarding your thought of a Sheridan cone variation, I know that a fellow Rusty Buncher a number of years ago had this can but the front silver panel was all gold. I've never seen another one and as far as I know, it's never been pictured in any books. I presume this guy still has the can. Maybe I can get him to post a photo for all of us to see.

Re: Completed collection? Pacific can?

We used to call that Acme can the "white stripe" variation. Actually a pretty tough variation. I'm not sure if anybody has an indoor copy. Matt.