General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
someone was bored

I pulled these out of a hole next to a creek here in GA. I guess the fish wern't biting, on someone was drunk and bored, but it was probably a kid.Every can I found had at least six punches in it. Mostly nationals, but at least all were IRTP. Got a few nice Bud o/i can in cans.The ones they destroyed were Edelbrews. Oh wellPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Re: someone was bored

Jay, I almost brought home a can Thursday that someone punched out several holes. Four on top, four on the bottom, and several on the sides. That was the first can I have encountered like that. Looked like opener artwork. By the way, I don't know too much about cans yet, but could you tell me what years Bud used that style of can? I have found a couple in the past and always wondered. Thanks, Robert

Robert, that basic bud style was used from 1936 through 1949. Many minor variations over the years.

I think they punched those holes to use the can like a little camp stove. You fill it with sticks and set a can of beans on top. Light it and presto, you've got lunch!!
DP

Re: Re: someone was bored

You'll find alot of Water cans have lots of holes in them like this, The reason is when you throw can in water off your boat they float for a long time on top of Water, The remedy for this is to punch it full of holes (especially on sides) & it will sink much Quicker. This is common with Water Cans, Vince could probably vouch for me on this since alot of his Dredged cans found in Boat Marina were filled with extra Punch holes. LEON.

A great deal of Krug flat tops you see have the 4 opener holes in the top. Les Whitman found at least 100 of them.

heres another ...this guy cant follow the directions on the side of the can!!!

out

Dan

Thanks Tom H. for the answer to the Bud question. I sent you, Tom I., and John W. emails. Hopefully you get them. Robert