General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Dumped Pop Bottle

Hey guys, maybe some of you bottle collectors will know something about this. I'm up in the mountains in Utah about an hour out of SLC and we found and old 7oz. Birrell's beverage "only the finest ingredients - Uniformity and purity guaranteed". Idon't have my camera with me (will be home Wed). Anyone have an idea what this might be?

Re: Dumped Pop Bottle

Is it a ACL (applied color label) or paper label? Maybe the Texas bottle guy knows more? LEON.

These bottles were put out in the late 40's. Look on the base or bottom for 48 or 49. Sometimes the date will be split. 4 glassmaker mark 8. These were put out in Utah and Idaho. Birrells in orange is the Utah bottle. Birrells in white and a version in purple w/ palmtrees and hills were made in Idaho. The price range is between $8-15. Of course prices are relevant and western ACL's do a little better than other regions. Hope this helps you out. Robert

Thanks guys, it's a white ACL. The date on it looks like 53. Anyone interested?

Thing that sucks is we have found quite a few old flats but theay are all either smashed or completely rusted out. Gonna try a different placee today, we shall see.

Well guys, Utah was a bust. The flats we found were beyond soaking. Some didn't clean at all (24 hours of straight citric) and the others were coors that the paint disappeared. The bottle is a purple (Utah) one. If anyone wants it, let me know. I don't collect bottles but figured one of you guys might like to have it. Drop me an e-mail if you want it! A buddy of mine is bringing it back with him next week (wasn't gonna try on the plane) so I won't have it till next Friday and then if anyone wants a pic, I can send it out.