General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
TROMMERS SIGN QUESTION

how easy are these signs and are they worth anything, what is the value of this one to see if i got a deal?
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Re: TROMMERS SIGN QUESTION

Nice score Paul! Those lighted back-bar pieces are in great demand right now! I can't help on a value, but thought I'd just say "NICE!" -Roger

Hello Paul:
Between shows and eBay, this sign turns up at a rate of about two per year. It ranges in value from $50 to $200 depending on condition, or $225 for NOS in OB. I would value yours at $150 (plus or minus $25 without seeing the front of the base. The base on your sign is on backwards: it should face the other direction so the ventilation holes and the remnants of the manufacturer's decal face to the rear. Loosen the two thumb-screws to remove the glass and tin inserts and turn them around; be careful not to overtighten the screws when putting the sign back together. You might consider matching the red paint and doing some minor touch-up work at the M and E. Then the sign would display even nicer than it does now. It was made by Price Brothers circa 1940's.
Cheers,
John

thanks John, then i guess the $15 i paid for it at a flea market was a bargain