General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Thanks Mark B. !

Just wanted to take time to thank Mark Benbow for sending me the copies of the Rustlings newsletters. I received them yesterday. They are wonderful. Love the story under the crawlspace and a matter of fact was posted on Antiques-bottles.net, "Motherload." Even though I wasn't into cans at all at the time of the post, I can honestly say that this really is the first thing that caught my eye and steered me away from bottles. No, I didn't get transformed overnight, but now, I consider myself a can digger 100%. Much more goes into cans than a bottle brush and water. I feel alot better trying to save rusting cans, than saving bottles that could survive for centuries. Filling out the application, and should be a legit RBer soon. Thanks for kindly making me feel at home. Robert

Re: Thanks Mark B. !

Cans worth more too, The Clipper can got $19,299 on ebay. What would a Clipper bottle get? $19.29 probably. Same with my Detroit Regal bottles & Bay City Phoenix bottles, The bottles worth $20.00 but the cans worth much more then that. Plus most of those prepro embossed bottles average what $5-$10. I'd get more excited dumping a $1,000 can then a $5.00 bottle. Cans the way to go. Dont worry about the Rust, Oxalic Acid will clean that off LEON.

Re: Thanks Mark B. !

Robert, you're welcome. Glad you liked them. Now go dig some pre war cans!

Mark