General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
went digging

Got out to do a little digging yesterday with KB. found several dumps but didnt find a whole lot of condition or age but upgraded 2 cans on the shelf, the hedrick which ive only found once before and the 16 oz schaefer. Kb could only dig for 2 hours as he had to get back to his family vaction so i decided to go hit some previous dumps. I tried to "call my shots" and go to a small bock dmp we found and dig another tudor bock from hornel but everything was too green and couldnt find the dump. Next i went to a bank dump that was mostly frozen when we found it and wanted to dig a natures mellowness genny. I found one there before but it was pretty shot...first can i found there yesterday was a decent example of one which i thought was cool. also the dump was much deeper that i thought but hardly any cans...only hit a small section though so maybe next time we hit a good vein. Some out of the ground, pre cleaned and final cleaning pics...
mike
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Re: went digging

Cool cans! Good to hear from you Mike! hope you can dump back the cans you had to sell.
went out looking for dumps by my house yesterday,
only found a pile of Bud tab tops.
did find the biggest tree Ive ever seen in NC though.
when me and my wife saw it we both looked at each other and said DAM! thats a big tree! take it easy!

Never ceases to amaze me how well cans clean up. I can't wait to dig my own soon and start experimenting with oxalic and citric. Well done again, Mike.

Imight ahve somethin to trade for a Black label if they are from Frankenmuth.

Now THAT is a big tree !

Mike , you always find cans with the
"good" rust...the kind that comes off!!!

out

dan

Nice job with finding and cleaning the cans. Did you use citric or oxalic? Robert

Daniel, that is a big tree!
Nacreeb i think they are cleavland but ill check and if frankenmuth ill let you know. also they are tabs, never found a map can before so i kept them even though not flats.
CMD yah just wish they were 30's cans like you guys find!...will split the difference and be happy with 40's too..lol
Robert i use oxalic. It seems most of us use that but there are some who use citric and have good results using their methods too.
mike "cant wait for fall" S

here's my quick take with mike S, well we only had 2 hrs to explore an old road i thought looked good on a map, 2 hrs you say, well had a quick family trip to Addies as the brother in law stiffed us on 2 days so it was tuff to sneak away . So mike was kind enough to meet me with that in mind. Found a few surface dumps but all with the usual suspects. Still fun to be out, then got back to take the boys fishing, Evan caught a nice size perch, biggest one i have seen up there in yrs.

sorry to bore some with these tabs, but after the post on BLack Label variations they have kind of interest me..both are the same map can, but the one on left with the more U shape tab is from Natick and list Texas in the manditory. and the other is from Cleveland and no mention of a Texas Brewry...hmmm.
well the Hedrick is a new label, like the side panel.
Enjoy, kB

I thought you got a U tab, both mine are reg and say lift ring and pull...whats the top of your U tab say? I think a few of those places might be good to hit again and really dig in and maybe find some diff or older cans. still say theres a older dump where that foundation was. Was fun to get out just wish we had more time..
mike