General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Got some cans today

Picked up these today ... just in time for Canvention! Still at work, so not sure how many will be shelfers, but certainly a couple OI upgrades.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Steve

Re: Got some cans today

sure beats black labels...nice Scothc Thistle OI's I spy...your the man...kb

Sweet!Nice lookin cans.Howd you come into those?Sell or trade for the Bosch?

Steve,

Nice score!!! Please tell me the gold Rheingolds are not the ones that say COOL BEFORE SERVING on the bottom front of can. If they are I will be lowering the prices on mine Seems like they are becoming common, same with those woodgrain extra dry, was there a find of them?? I have some of those too.

Dan B

The owner found me online. We talked back and forth and then the cans were hand delivered to me at work! Can't ask for much more than that.

I'm sure a trade or sale of the Bosch can happen. I think there was more than one ... maybe a variation, maybe a duplicate. Email me steve at beercanman dot com and I'll keep you posted.

The Scotch Thistle OIs should go on the shelf (and I can give Matt Menke his back - thanks for letting me borrow it)! Not visible in the photo are a few other nice cans including some NY Miss Rheingold cans.

I don't seem to be able to get much from dumping so this is almost as good as it gets for me. Well, the Rheingold "big R" cans could have been OIs, but that would have been asking for too much, haha.

Steve

Dan, one says COOL BEFORE SERVING and another says IRTP. I have to go through them all but I think there may have been just those 2. The Cool Before Serving isn't as clean as the IRTP one.

Oh, the woodgrain ones have DISPLAY EMPTY lids on the bottom. I don't care how common they become ... they're cool cans! I scored 3 of them.

Also got a Croft OI, but not too clean. Love green cans, especially the OI metallic ones.

I'll probably post more pics. They haven't been cleaned yet, and I think some will be pretty decent. One of the Miss Rheingold cans will be very nice.

As Homer Simpson says: Mmmmmm, beer (cans).

Steve

steve is there any bevs, kruegers or genny cans there?
mike

Mike,

I'll let you know but probably nothing you'd want. A couple common Genny's. No Krueger cans. Don't need a common Ballantine or Rheingold, huh? Plenty of those!

Oh yeah, maybe a Fitz if you're interested.

Steve

Well i need upgrades on a couple of the common ones....so let me know
mike

steve,
email me or give me a call at home. it is in regards to the guy in romney, wv with the paint over pull tab.

gary

Any Zip tab or juice tabs in there? interested

Excellent score. Don't you wish all deals are that easy. Looks like there are some nice grades as well. Big collection of cans trying to sell here in Dallas, but mostly tabs from the pics. on Ebay. One can either on the top case or next one down looks like a pretty decent Charro with it's back turned. Just curious, how many different cans do you have in your collection and did you pick up any that you didn't have on your latest score? Robert

Gary - I'll email you in a few minutes.

Oldcrown - Dont remember seeing any juice top or zips in there, but might have missed something. I'll let you know if there are.

Robert - My collection is probably around 750 cans. Haven't really counted them in a long time since they're not really nicely displayed. The only cans that go into my collection are 12 oz flat that are OI, Bock, WF, or from DC/MD/VA. There were no WF cans, and I don't believe any DC/MD/VA either. A couple bock cans but probably nothing I needed. The OI cans in there were the best thing as far as adding to my collection. I'm sure both Scotch Thistles will go on my shelf. The others will have to be checked for variations. I collect minor (okay, miniscule) variations, so there's always hope that I can find something I need.

Steve