General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Picture of Green/Brown Brown Derby OI Needed

Anyone have, or know someone that has the Brown/Green Brown Derby can? I need to get a good picture of one. I'd like to use it for the logo for the Western States Show in Sacramento for 2007. Anyone? Anyone? Just need a picture, not the can (well, I need the can & would love to buy one... but...). Looking for a photo of a fairly clean one, but it does not have to be perfect. Thanks in advance! -Mike

Re: Picture of Green/Brown Brown Derby OI Needed

Mike--couldn't you ask to "borrow" the one Kevin has in his OI book? That might be quicker than finding somebody that actually has that can. Just a thought.

Mr. Wilbur Mr. Babel (aka Mr Rustmonger) was nice enough to post a picture of the trivial one I have so that picture should be in the archives someplace.
Mr Wilbur if you cannot find it let me know and I get my neighbor to take a picture of it. Also Daniel (Not Edward) Scogietti has a rececnt picture of the thing.

Mike:

There's a nice photo of one in the Feb/March 2003 BCCA magazine - the cover photo and feature article is titled "Good Ol' Humboldt Brew". Not sure who's can that is. It's a can I'd love to find up here!

Ross

All good ideas. I think emailing Kevin for a copy of that photo would work. Anyone have his email address?

I actually thought about doing a Rusty can for the shirts in 2007, so maybe that would be cool too. Mr. Roy, I assume yours is a dumper, but does it have pretty good color? With decent color and Photoshop, it could make a cool shirt. Let me know & if you could send that picture to me, that would be excellent!

PS-Roy, I have not heard any dumping stories from you as of recent. Your retirement was supposed to bring a whole bunch of new cans on the market... I heard a rumor of Krug cones, but that's about all.

-Mike

Mike,

You can get Kevin at kclilek at sbcglobal dot net

Steve

Mike:

How about this one:

Rand

Re: Re: Picture of Green/Brown Brown Derby OI Needed

That must be a new variation, suppose to be Green & Brown not White & Brown LEON.

I don't think that one would work for the shirt Rand, but I'd love to have one like that in my collection. If anyone ever has one in any condition available, I'd trade heavy! -Mike

Re: Re: Picture of Green/Brown Brown Derby OI Needed

I've seen 1 maybe 2-3 at most on ebay in past, a few years ago, I bid but got outbid, Kicking my self. LEON.

Mr. Wilbur doesn't the case of Regal Amber OI's Tax Witdrawn count for something??? My Number 1 Adopted Stepson was sitting in my truck when I hit the hole. Also been digging no big deal stuff like more Steinbrau's from St Claire, Gold Medals, Pacific cones, Balboas from Southern (RARE CAN!!!!), really scrappy Lucky Ale OI's and junk like that. So except for the Regal Tax WD's the year has been say a D+. Oh the Krug cones were so - so for the most part. I did manage to upgrade 1 of my Brownie's this summer so not all was lost.

I have noticed that your stepsons do call you Daddy, so that is better than some other stepdads do. That is all a pretty decent haul, but there is a lot of summer left. I look forward to seeing your totes at Brookdale. I wouldn't mind picking up one of those WF's from you.

Is your Brown Derby pretty decent for photographing? -Mike

Mr. Wilbur I sent you pictures of the front and back of mine (Had a neighbor take the pictures). The Brown Derby can isn't that tough, why not get a picture of something tough???

Roy....if it isn't that tough.....then I could sure use one of your extras!

Rand

Got the pictures Roy. Thanks for getting them for me, I think they will work well. Please forward pictures of your tougher cans, because I'd love to see them. You have a Rainier Bock OI that you are not telling me about? -Mike

I looked for this picture the other day when I first saw this post but I couldn't find it. Better late than never I suppose. This is Roy Nelson's can.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

That's Roy alright, I'd recognize that fatigue shirt anywhere.......