General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Went Dumping with Ed...

Was going to tack this on to Ed's thread, but figured it would get lost. We did a day trip last Monday & got in a good 8-10 hours of digging. No big finds, though we were in some areas with good age. Condition was pretty good.

Here are the beer cans I came home with. They were soaked in a weak solution, so I'll probably hit a few up again. The Heileman's came out nice, but that's pretty much how they came out of the ground. I need to clean the rims a bit more, but they look like indoor cans.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Here are the soda's I brought back. All but the Pepsi are flats. It's funny that many of the 50's soda cans are better looking than the 50's beer cans. The cone top has not been soaked. It looked so good coming out of the ground I didn't bother... really thick paint on that sucker.

Here are the leftovers that I didn't have room to clean with the others + a very cool bottle (Ed & I each were able to bring home one of them).

If you turn your back while messing with your cans, a 2 year old may sneak up on you and start stacking. In this case she decided to stack the cleanest cans... Go girl.

While I had the camera out, thought I'd advertise my quest for Gold Buds... Here is one of the stacks of Buds I have. Will have shelves someday & will bust out the rest...

Here are other random cans that are sadly in the garage...

Here are some cans I picked up at the Pollock Pines show. Can you believe the first ones are dumpers? Talk about super clean cans. They are like this on all sides. Found by Steve, Chris and Larry. Man... they find the good stuff. Larry has been holding these for me for a while & I finally got 'em!

I picked these bad boys up from Rand at Pollock Pines... His totes are always worth looking through! I finally got my German Style! If anyone can upgrade it, let me know!

OK... that was a long post. I like the pictures on this site, so thought I'd do my part. -Mike

Re: Went Dumping with Ed...

Good post, thank you.

very cool finds and pics.
cute kid, you should get her a mini shovel since shes allready into cans.

Could use a Burgermeister soft top and are Lucky Lagers Zip or regular pull tab?

cool finds all around!!!

Awesome condition and cans. Wish Texas cans came out like those. Where did you score the Time cones? Robert

Hey OCC, All cans in pictures are flats except the Pepsi. Lucky mini's are aluminum top flats. Always looking to trade, so just let me know what you've got! -Mike

Re: Re: Went Dumping with Ed...

Steve G. Looks like somebody may be looking for a Time cone top, I'm sure you could help? LEON.

Don't they look good next to the Bushkill?!?!?! -Mike

What Bushkill, I've been threw a pile of those easy cans. LEON.

I would happily hook Mike up with more Time cones. I could cover the walls with Time cones, Falstaff cones/mugs, Old Style cones, IRTP and WF Pabst cans, and Ehrets near beer flats. Have all in large quantity numbers. Throw in lots of Ballantine and Rheingold flats and you've got yourself a pretty display.

Steve

What, no gold Bud cans? You've got to have at least a case. I'd take some of those WF Pabst cans... have you looked through my totes? -Mike

Steve, I am curious about the Time cones. How many do you have? Are they all from that Fort Worth railroad depot find with the humidity damage? And does anyone know the number of them that came from that find?

Bill

re: Time cones
Well, I'm at work and they're at home, but I must have at least 25 left in various degrees of condition. I believe they're all from the same find, but never could get it straight. Supposedly came from under a deck, porch, or floor in a building in TX. Oh, when I got these many had a thin clear coat put on them. One buyer was able to remove it easily but can't remember what he soaked it in to do it. Maybe a quick acid bath???

re: Pabst WF flats
I bought a sheet of these (20 cans?) years ago and had them rolled. Sold some quickly and then sales came to a trickle. Not sure how many left but it has to be at least a 6-pack. Mike, I saw your totes but don't remember them. Email pics to me please.

I'm going to Canvention but not bringing all my stuff. I'm thinking I'll pick my nicest 7 or 8 totes worth of stuff and leave the rest at home. If anyone wants me to bring something specific let me know.

Steve

Hey Robert, missed your questions above. I did get the Time cones from Steve. I sent him some West Coast traders for them... Needed to change up my totes a bit. -Mike