General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Late night beer can pics and commentary

Too much coffee today!

Here's a pic of a couple beers I just poured. Didn't have the guts to drink either. The Miller had some floaty string type stuff in it, but didn't look like keglining. The Schmidt's didn't look too bad, but the smell was pretty rough.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Here's what I've cleaned up so far from the collection I just got. This is pretty much the cream of the crop, with a few of the commons thrown in to take up space. The Drewry's wasn't a paintover, and neither was the Johnny Pfeiffer I tried to rub out.

"I'm ready for my close-up!"

A close-up of some Genny All Malts I've got. These are the same ones that PAcans had in his pics.

The 2 Scotch Thistle OIs on the left came from my recent purchase. The one on the right came from Mr. Menke. All different color variations with one being only 3 known according to Kevin's book.

Some ex-mugs that Fred Goerlach converted into cones. He did a darn good job. I've got big quantities of mugs available and about 15 or so already converted to cones.

The best part of my vacation. Spent some awesome 1-on-1 fishing time with my youngest son. Yes, that's a Beercanman hat he's wearing!

I like seeing everyone's pics posted, so I hope I didn't bore you with a few of my own.

Steve

Re: Late night beer can pics and commentary

Steve,

Great pics!!! I love seeing pics of recent finds. Also great to see pics of your son fishing, dosent get any better then that.

Dan B

Very cool,Steve-all things that are close to MY heart too

I never new Tami Conner was so pretty....you'd never know it by looking at my example.....hahaha.

BCM, nice find of some great cans...love the pics of kids fishing...hope ya dont mind if i throw some up of my boys...

these are up in the Adirondacks, the lake isnt the greatest for fish, but sometimes we get lucky...

last year cole caught 4 nice bass just worm fishing off the docks then sticking them in the dry well

then these are from last weekedn, here's Evan with some big duofus and one of the biggest Perches i have seen from there

and of course lots of sunnies, think the phrase was "dad , worm me" , "dad, another fish"

the little guy loved it because he crushed his brother like 23 fish to 1

kb

Hey Steve,

Since I only have the USBC book. Has anyone confirmed that those Falstaff's came in cones or just mugs? All I have been able to find is just mugs. I think Leon posted a pic of one a while back but I was unsure if it was original. Is that can listed in any other book? Or better yet has anyone ever dumped one? Thanks for any info!

Steve H.

TO BAD FRED DOESNT PUT THE CORRECT GOLD CONE ON THOSE, SURE ARE SUPER NICE, FRED USED TO SEND THEM TO ME TO DO UNTIL I STOPPED DOING BUSSINESS WITH HIM AFTER HE FAILED TO PAY HIS $200 HE OWED ME FOR SOME WORK. NEED GOLD CONES, I'M THE GUY, EVILBUNNY

Re: Re: Late night beer can pics and commentary

Steve H., Yes, Mine is real & all original. The Mugs come in a few different variety's if I remeber right through out the years with either "PREMIUM QUALITY" or no Premium Quality & with IRTP & no irtp & some of the cones even came with flat bottoms but mugs & not flat top mugs. I've always felt the No Premium Quality much tougher & older but tougher & older yet is the Thin outlined sheild & Bulb top toughest of all from 1940 1/2 to early 1942. LEON.

Leon,

Thanks for the info! BTW I have an old Falstaff booklet that states that the cone top was in use in 1939.
Thanks again,
Steve H.

Steve,

I think I've got a real one in my totes. Let me take another looksie. I'll post pics if I think it's legit.

Steve

That is a cool booklet! Shame they're not showing the true '39 can, which was a bulb-top.

Steve, That cone they are showing is from the early 50's & that flat could pass for a early 60's can. From what I see your booklet is far from Accurate. I'd have to disagree with that thing. LEON.

Steve and Kevin great pictures of you your boys fishing. That's what its all about! Creating memories! Here are some of my own. We spent the summer in our usual Florida panhandle getaway. We did some offshore fishing near Destin and Ft. Walton:

my 10 yr old just caught a bull shark

me and da boys!

A black tip shark my oldest son caught

The one that got away!

What fun!

Tom I.

thanks for adding the fishing pics as well tom, number one son got himself this little guy off the shores of daytona, "i'm talking about sharking" we were catching those red fish as well, groupers or snapper, speaking of snapper, i used to catch differnt things at daytona

kb

Really love the pics you guys have added! Your saltwater fish make my freshwater stuff look like minnows.

Steve

I once caught a Electric eel or eel & Also a Stingray in a New Smyrna Beach, Florida river years ago. Extremely odd & new thing for me as you'll never see this in Michigan LEON.

Re: Re: Re: Late night beer can pics and commentary

Leon,
I agree, you would think they would have used the right can, but when this booklet was printed there probably wasn't many can collectors around and they possibly didn't care what can they used for a picture as long as it was a conetop? This booklet was among many Falstaff paper items I picked up from a retired former Falstaff sales rep. Here is a pic of my original bulb with what I thought was a 30's cap?
Steve H.

Can't pass up a chance to post fishing photos, especially of the kids!! Here's my daughter with a limit of two Chinook salmon she caught last year, 20 and 22 lbs. Other than pulling the rod out of the holder for her, she did all the work on getting both salmon to the boat.

Ross