General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Just curious.....I have a question.

I see there is a 1/1+ Running Waiter on eBay that is up around $1500.00. Say you won first prize at Canvention and you could pick that can or 5 similarly desirable cans in grade 3+/2- condition. All 5 would display pretty good. I'm pretty torn on this question, as my collection has plenty of grade 3's, however, I'm lacking that killer can that I would never part with.

I think I might choose the Running Waiter.

Re: Just curious.....I have a question.

http://breweriana.com/flats/flatfortpittwaiter.html
dan morean has one that has been reduced to $1800. wiht 5000 of these they should be alot lower in price. but they are definately over priced as there are plenty of indoor ones, just a very cool graphic can, maybe the all time graphic can??? samsons are up there as well, of course just my thoughts on it...kb

I'd pick one of the Fort Pitt Ales.

A good point has been made! I concider several cans to be overpriced. My #1 is gotta be 007.

Yes, I'm aware of the factors that drive the price of some cans. But there are some others that just mystify me. Anyone else have any labels in mind that are overpriced???

-fallscityfreak.

>Anyone else have any labels in mind that are overpriced???

Personally, I think that little lapse of reason that went on a while back with the first Dutch Lunch OI didn't map well to reality.

Also, it seems that Genny 12 Horse OI's garner a little more money than their general availability might justify at first glance. Not stratospheric stuff...but just more than average.

And finaly, always thought that the Rheingold girls and the MB Happy Days cans commanded a little bit of a premium.

$.02

Rand

How about the Schoenling Bock. Graphiclly, one of the coolest cans, but seems to me more availible than some people realize. The first Schoenling is a lot harder to come by in my opinion. B.T.W., I am still looking for an offgrade version of that one, and would trade dearly for it.
Greg

I would say Blatz lo-pros. Tons of them and still $100 plus (clean one) And there are tons of clean ones!! On any given day you can find a clean blatz lo pro.
Agree!

Those E&B grade 1 cones that are continuously on ebay. $10.00 can in my opinion, and I won't buy one until they're at that price.

Sorry, I thought you meant "if I had a choice of 5 dumper cans, which would I chose?" Duh.

Let's try this again. What would you rather have?

A killer grade 1/1+ rare can OR 5 different grade 3/2-cans that are also regarded as rare? Again, I will answer the one minty killer can, as my collection lacks that one marquis headlining can.

>A killer grade 1/1+ rare can OR 5 different grade 3/2-cans that are also regarded as rare?

No contest....the 5 lower grade.....or if I could pick up 20-30 still lower grade even better. Don't particularly care about the "marquis" can as much as filling a hole in the run of variations.

Rand

I would go for the indoor can and yes they are overpriced because everyone wants one...simple supply and demand. Rand yes the gold 12 horse OI's usually go too high also. for the amount out there they should go about $35-50 ongrade...except for the first one with the OI panel on either side of the seam, thats still pretty tough. Same goes for some of the others metnioned, miss rhiengolds, 007's etc, waaay overpriced. Ive seen dumper miss rheingolds go over $100 and heard stories of hundreds being found at a time by one guy. Ive even found the whole set but most are pretty rough
mike

Compas,

All right then. This seems to be a case of what you collect and where you are in your collection. If you are looking to have a collection of the best cans you can find regardless of any criteria then take the Running Waiter (that is a nice can) and you’ll have a terminal can – and a very dear one. For me, since I collect Colorado, Oklahoma, Wyoming, and flats/cones filled in New Mexico I’m continually chasing rarer and rarer rusty gems. And when I can pick up an upgrade reasonably I will (thanks Brad Flinders). However, I’m certain I don’t have an anchor can or even a can worth $100 (What’s a grade 2ish colorful Pikes Peak ML worth?). So would I take a grade 1 Silver State over a grade 2 Gold Seal, Silver Fox, Pikes Peak Malt Lager, 8oz. Pikes Peak stout ML, or the Progress cone that looks like the flat? {(Or any variation that includes the rarest of the bunch as grade 1) (and I’m not playing the “Take the Gold Seal and sell it and buy the rest, dude” game. I just want to find the cans.)

Son mis dos centavos ( and with 10 new pesos to the dollar you’ll know how much that’s worth.)

Out, out

El Basurero.

By the way. John S., if you or anyone else knows, where is the Chili Cook Off Mile High event being held and when? I can’t seem to find it none.

Re: Re: Just curious.....I have a question.

I'd say the grade 2 Gold seal equal to the grade 1 Silver State, Just my opinion. LEON.

I'd take one mint Brown/Green Brown Derby can. BUT, wouldn't mind a rusting one (Brown Derby), plus a Rishwain, Lucky Ale (red/silver), Monogram OI, AND a Grace Bros Ale OI.

Give me the mint one though... I'll find the others at Brookdale & Western States in 2007. -Mike

Super sweet Ruining Waiter on Rogalskis site actually have alot of nice cans Check out Trumps can!Beautiful!!!

Said they bought Denny Thayer Gene Cranes cans

Super sweet Running Waiter on Rogalskis site actually have alot of nice cans Check out Trumps can!Beautiful!!!

Said they bought Denny Thayer Gene Cranes cans

wow, gota check www.beercans.com for awesome pics from rogalski's...never heard of thayer? been to gens house and seen many of those, you should see his NY collection, just amazing and beautiful.

i would take 5 tuff grad 3 cans...old st loius beer or ale...bay state beers....trumps....old wisconsin...genny all malt liebo...
kb