General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
do any of you get these e-mails?

Dear ,

Greetings, How are you today?

I thank God that I have come across you and believe that you will not turn down my request,Though we never met before but i believe that knowing someone start a day.

My name is Cynthia Anoh the daughter of late Mr. Ameree Anoh, I am 20 years old single girl, I am from Bouke in Cote d'ivoire west Africa. I became an orphan when my father and my mother were murdered in Bouke in the northen part of Cote d'ivoire my home town. I was in school when the rebel new force went on rampage and killed people in the town suspected for supporting the government of Gbagbo. I was taken from the school to Abidjan by a good samaritan where I am staying now with the woman I call Aunty, she has been trying her best for me.

I am confuse as to what to do to claim my late father's deposit in a bank in Abidjan here. He deposited a sum of $4 million(four Million Dollar). before he died. I am appealing to you in the name of God to HELP me retrieve this money so we can invest it in any profitable investment in your country and provide a bank account where this money can be trasfer into and a safe place for me to move to after the transfer. I believe you are a reliable person that will not sit on the money and will provide a safe place where I can move to continue my education.

I will be pleased to offer you 10% of the total fund that will be your compasation and any expencess you made also your inconveniences while HELPING me to retrieve this money.

Please send to me your telephone no. and let me know if you can reliably keep this only thing I have left in life with you safely.

I will be waiting to hear from you for more detail,

Thanks and God bless you

Ms Cynthia Anoh.

Re: do any of you get these e-mails?

at least 10X per week. All sorts of scenarios. I wonder if anybody ever falls for it?

I get them all the time, too.

I did get one once and decided to follow up. I emailed back and said I'd love to share in the multi millions of dollars they wanted to offer me! All I wanted was a 5% good faith deposit via wire transfer into MY BANK ACCOUNT first!

Still waiting for the money to show up ...

Steve

Yeah, most of them are pretty funny. I wrote back to one of them and said I'm so darn rich, its not worth my time to mess with your measly millions.

But more so, I'm getting the same investment solicitation over and over, with goofy subject titles.

oh yea, I love to mess with them with made up info
and addresses.

forgot to add If you reply and string them along
they will ask for you bank account and routing #
so they can deposit your "millions"
hard to beleive anyone would fall for it but according to a segment I heard on NPR people do.
have also got the one about the English Duke dieing
of cancer with no hier so you where picked to inherit
his money and title.

Daniel you and i must think alike. I had one going for several weeks with emails back and forth everyday. I actually had a lot of fun doing it and had it saved until my old comp crashed but one or 2 rb'ers read it. There is also a website dedicated to screwing with these scammers but dont have that saved anymore either...
mike

hi Mike, they are fun to mess with aint they
whats the old saying, dont sh*t a sh**er.
take it easy!
danielj