General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
New Message Board is Active.

If you haven't already done so, Please begin using the New Message, as this one will become inactive on September 6th. You can access the new Board from the Main page or by clicking here

Danny

Re: New Message Board is Active.

Dan:

Great work....thanks!

Two recommendations and one question.

If the new forum is going to be the default forum going forward, might want to change the link on the top level website to point there instead of the old one.

Also, on the new forum, I can't seem to find a "return to website" link or any other way to escape the forum arena. Might want to add that.

And my question is....will all the historical postings be migrated over to the new forum? If not, will the old forum remain active as a "read only" source of information?

Thanks again.....

Rand

On the new message board you can see how many members are on line and that got me thinking(I know--scary thought)

But anyway--the chat room has always been a hit and miss in the past and most often a miss. Any way you can add a chatroom and show how many people are in there at any givin time?? Sorta like how many members are on the new board. Just a few minutes ago there were 12 people on line and thats more than we ever had on a good day in the chat room!!

Just a thought

Later--Brent

I'll look into that. There is alot of options that can be added, not sure if that is one of them.

Done: that's what is so cool about the new board.
Look at the top right of the new board for 'chat'.

Danny

I still cant get registered????
mike

Mike,

I just emailed you.

Danny

Rand:
I figured out how to add the return link, thanks for pointing that out as I didn't even notice.

Danny

Great job! Very similar to the Antique-bottles.net forum. Just my 2 cents. I know this forum is just getting started. I was wondering if there are going to be other categories added later? Maybe a dumping story category, conetop, flattop, oi, unexpected discoveries(other things found while dumping besides cans), etc. Also, will pictures now be able to download straight to the forum instead of using another host like photobucket? Robert

Hi Robert,

We can add new catergories if it looks like the General discussion is getting out of hand, to kinda tidey it up a little. As for photos, I need to see how much bandwidth this is going eat up before we can host an upload page.

Danny

How are you guys getting the little pictures to show up below your name on the new web page? Like the White Horse cone and White Horse Ale cans. Hmmm we seem to have a White Horse theme going here. Did I miss an opportunity to install a picture or logo when I registered?

John,

I just emailed you from my work address - wepaymore AT aol dot com. Watch for it.

Steve

John click on profile you can add a avatar photo...

OK, I'll give it a try!

**BUMP***