General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
I'll miss this board!

I done learned lots of stuff bout cans here. Also seen some killer pics! Oh well guess I'll take a break in reading and learning about cans and go see if I can figure out that new board. After all, I'm all for saving a buck myself!

Steve H.

Re: I'll miss this board!

The new board is fine....no different really. Check it out and get started!

Ed S

The new board will be just as great...its the people and info that make it that way. I'm just waiting to get some password issues worked out and I'll see you all over there.

Well I registered and I can log on, BUT I CANNOT post, reply or anything else.

Should I register again?
Thanks for any help.
Steve H.

Re: Re: I'll miss this board!

I am not sure I like the new message board. Too structured and lacking in the randomness that made this board so interesting. Really, do we need moderators? Too much organization means a whole lot less fun. Signing out,
Chris E.

Steve,
I checked your status, it all seems to be ok, I guess just be sure you are logged on. It shows your info on the right near the top.

Danny

Hi Chris,
We've always had moderators, but this board doesn't have any options to show it. The typical scenario would be something would happen on the board and I'd get home from work to a bunch of emails from the other officers. Then I'd have to go into the admin section and edit or delete posts. Now the other officers have limited options on editing, locking or deleting posts and photos.

Danny

Re: Re: I'll miss this board!

I dont like change, which is the reason for my delay in there. Will take some getting use to. If it keeps the alias/annonymous insults out I'll be happy LEON.

A couple more comments about the switch to the new board.

1. We will save $65 per year by having a free message board. That's more than 5 guy's annual dues. It's also $65 more we can spend on something else ... like raffle cans, if needed.

2. Although the new board doesn't show IP address, IT DOES INDEED TRACK THEM! The site administrator and moderators can see the IP of postings. Other neat tools, too, but can't give away all the secrets, HAHA!

3. Yes, there's a learning curve. Use the site for a little while and I think you'll find it works well and you've gotten used to it. It's like a new software version. When Windows 3.1 went to Windows 95 I thought I'd go insane. Then Windows 98, 2000, XP, etc. A couple days with the new software and I was already a pro.

See you on the new message board,
Steve

The biggest bummer for me is the lost information from this board. There is some great stuff here. Seems a shame to let it just lapse into oblivion.....

We'll be leaving this up for awhile after Sept. 6th but all topics will be locked for replies.