General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Ebay

just to let everyone know ebay has suspended my account again (aleman36). If anyone won cans last week rest assured you will get your cans if you have sent or are sending payment. I got a email from one guy saying ebay sent them a note telling them to stop payment.
Also anyone who had current bids and want the cans(s) they were bidding on and still want them let me know, we can work something out. I guess i will post what i have left on the RB advertise forum in the next week or so. at least ill save on ebay fees.
MIke

Re: Ebay

Mike,

THAT SUCKS! Did they give you a reason or just shut you down?

Steve

Re: Re: Ebay

Is this fallout from the retracted bids over that Croft quart
a couple months back? Odd that they would be so zealous about a
couple retracted bids when they let slide full-blown shill bidding,
scammers, phishing, and gmail accounts from G. only knows with zero
verification that it's a real independent person using it.

A lot of cans sell for less than what they would at shows, I'm guessing
a lot of collectors shy away from ebay now due to all the scamming that
goes on. Speaking of scammers, did Chris Taylor ever get his $$$ back from
the ersatz dealer in PA?

Yeah i think it goes back to the croft,they "connected" me with my old account. Willing to bet someone informed them because i doubt they go searching for things like that....especially since the account wasnt even in my name!

I got this notification from eBay:

Dear pokey-reames (pokey_reames@msn.com),

The following is a notice from eBay Trust & Safety regarding:

Item Number - 6283895938

Item Title - Narragansett PALE ALE

Our records show that you placed a bid on this item. We removed this item from the Site and cancelled your bid because it appears that the seller's account has been compromised and used by an unauthorized third party. The seller's privileges to trade on eBay may be temporarily suspended while we investigate this matter further. Due to privacy concerns we will not be able to share further details related to this seller.

If the seller asks you to complete this transaction outside of eBay, we strongly recommend that you do not proceed with the transaction and do not respond to the seller. Transactions for items listed on eBay but then completed off of the eBay platform are not covered by buyer protection programs offered by eBay and can be highly indicative of fraud. For more information on Offers to Buy or Sell Outside of eBay, copy and past the following Help Page link into your browser: http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/rfe-spam-non-ebay-sale.html.

If you have already paid for this item but have not received it, you should take all possible steps to receive reimbursement.

1. Stop payment with your bank if you paid by check.
2. Contact the Security Department of your credit card company to file a chargeback if you paid via credit card.
3. If you paid via Western Union or MoneyGram, contact the company directly (Western Union 800-325-6000 or MoneyGram 800-926-9400).
4. If you paid with PayPal, you may be eligible for up to $1,000 USD coverage at no cost. To file a claim with PayPal, login to your PayPal account and copy and paste the following link into your web browser: http://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=p/gen/protections-buyer-outside. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the File a Claim link. PayPal claims must be filed within 45 days of the close of the listing. It may take at least 30 days to complete the investigation and resolve the dispute.
5. If you did not pay with PayPal and would like to file a claim with eBay, please initiate the Item Not Received Process online directly from the Security and Resolution Center at the bottom of the eBay.com page.
6. eBay claims must be filed within 60 days of the end of the listing.

Our goal is to ensure that your eBay experience is safe so that you can buy confidently. It is rare that something goes wrong with a transaction on eBay. However, in the event it does, we would like to provide as much assistance as possible to help resolve the issue.

Please do not respond to this email, as your reply will not be received.

Regards,
Customer Support (Trust and Safety Department)

Now, I don't know about the rest of you, but I have found dealing with Rusty Bunchers is MORE secure than dealing with anyone on eBay even without the "Protection" that eBay supplies.

I don't mind going around eBay on the "Narragansett PALE ALE" & the "Narragansett LAGER...the tough one!"
that I won.

Resend the email and I will cut you a check.

Pokey

the check for the Croft Ale red label went out today, mike. i also got the above notice on cans i won from you a couple of weeks ago.

Everyone who was bidding on my current auctions or won auctions last week got that too. Ill leave it up to you if you stil want the cans, if you could just email me and let me know.
mike

dave,
I sent yours today being i already got the check for the other 4...thanks!
Mike

Mike, I mailed your check last week. I had bid on 3 cans, the 2 Ballantines and Columbia OI.

Mark

Mike what is your e-mail address? I was bidding on one of your cans and going to bid on at least one more can. Alex

triplealex1@comcast.net

Have you posted pictures here of these cans before. Always interested if you have pictures. -Mike

Alex,

Click on the little mailbox icon under Mike's name and it should bring up his email address (it will show up at the end of his posting).

Steve