Welcome to the Alvin Stardust forum.

Please feel free to leave a message.

Talk Alvin
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: To Julie

Dear Julie, Millie, Sophie, Adam and Shaun. Words cannot express how sorry I am. I saw Alvin quite a few times back in the 70s/80s and he was such a fantastic performer. My big regret is I never got to meet him. Living in Cornwall is great but it does mean that some of the best performers never get down this way. I was however lucky enough that my best friend was working at a venue where Alvin was and she met him and asked him if she rang me would he say Hello. I knew nothing about this and my phone rang and this voice said "Hi Jill What you doing in Cornwall you should be here with Di." I knew his voice instantly and could only say Hi Alvin. He went on to chat but the whole conversation was a blur I just couldnt believe my idol had taken time out to talk to me. It was only 3 or 4 minutes but it made my night. I lost my hubby to Pancreatic cancer when our daughter was 8 yrs old in 2006 and like Millie she knew we were losing her Daddy but she was so brave just as Millie is. Alvin actually passed away on my late hubbys birthday so a sad day was made even sadder by losing Alvin. The love that surrounds you all from your families and we his fans will help you through. Alvin was so loved and respected.
Take Care
Love Jill