Talk Alvin

Welcome to the Alvin Stardust forum.

Please feel free to leave a message.

Talk Alvin
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
A lovely man.

Dear Julie, Millie, Sophie, Adam and Sean. This is a very hard time for all of you but I was lucky enough to meet him on many occasions and he was always a lovely genuine guy. He never ignored his fans even though I guess sometimes he just wanted to go home, if someone was there he would give his time willingly. Two of the times that show the sort of guy he was when my mum and I had gone to see him somewhere in London and afterwards we were waiting for a bus to take us back to Waterloo and a car pulls up by the side of us. It was Alvin who wound down the window and asked us where we were going. He told us to jump in and took us, even giving us a sweet from his tin of travel sweets. The other time was when he played his new single to us just after he had recorded it and asked us what we thought. My mum loved it and said it would be a hit, she was right, I feel like Buddy Holly was and every time I hear it I think of the enjoyment Alvin gave my late mum and I and also so many people across the world, it was a privilege to meet him. I hope the wonderful things being said about him will one day be of comfort to you all. My love and thoughts are with you all at this sad time. Ann Bartlett from Bournemouth.