Return to Website

Zzaj D.I.Y. Forum

This forum is for ANYthing & EVERYthing related to D.I.Y. & home-produced musics. We are looking FORWARD to your discussions!

Zzaj D.I.Y. Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Is CLEAN too MEAN???

Greg Segal has posted some thoughtful commentary on the subject at his website (http://www.gregsegal.com/). Look for the "Sound Quality vs. Musical Quality" article under the "Writings" section.

Eric

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Br'er Bret Hart & I were discussing th' biz-nezz of bein' KLEEN on D.I.Y. recordings... since so many of us are joining the "digital world" now, I thought it apropo to bring th' issue UP again... what do YOU think... is a CLEAN recording important? Or impotent? I know this is a topic that was surfaced (many times) by Bryan Baker (GAJOOB), & David C. (SOUND CHOICE) in the early days of tape networking... but has it CHANGES? Or not? Let us KNOW, 'k?

Re: Is CLEAN too MEAN???

As I see (hear) it, Kleen recordings are desired as long as it does not interfere with the creative aspect of the music. Creativity and originality first.... then Kleen recordings (in order of importance) in my opinion. However, there is some intrinsic beauty in those recordings done in someone's dusty old garage with one microphone hanging from the ceiling in the center of the room......

- Robert H. Bennett

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Br'er Bret Hart & I were discussing th' biz-nezz of bein' KLEEN on D.I.Y. recordings... since so many of us are joining the "digital world" now, I thought it apropo to bring th' issue UP again... what do YOU think... is a CLEAN recording important? Or impotent? I know this is a topic that was surfaced (many times) by Bryan Baker (GAJOOB), & David C. (SOUND CHOICE) in the early days of tape networking... but has it CHANGES? Or not? Let us KNOW, 'k?