Return to Website

Zzaj D.I.Y. Forum

This forum is for ANYthing & EVERYthing related to D.I.Y. & home-produced musics. We are looking FORWARD to your discussions!

Zzaj D.I.Y. Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Chicken/egg/Poetry/music???

Hmmm... WELL, if you FIND any of that stuff that DID get recorded, better make SURE it gets on CD. I have (nearly) all of my spoken-word performance stuff on disc now!

If you DO locate any recorded stuff from those sets, I'd be interested in hearing it!

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

hello poets & musicians:

I ain't no prolified in any of the cathegories, but as an arranger and producer I've put together some poetry/ Improv performances. Unfortunatelly, there's not any recorded. The most important thing I did it for was because they're friends of mine, & are good musicians. They are underrated within local music context (although they outsold the first edition of their CD, and are making a new one, TBA), so I decided to make em a concert/gig.

The first performance was for a friend of mine, Bojan Repinc, poet from Banja Luka (city northern from Sarajevo), whose expressing language is Croatian, but with Serbian pronunciation and accent. I realized I had to find an original speaker who could understand the importance of pauses and articulation. My choice turned out to be Bela Marias (of Hungarian group Tudosok) who performed from KSET in Zagreb to Knitting Factory in New York. I accompanied him with two incredible free jazz sax players from Zagreb: Luka Pershich and Jerko Valdevit. It turned out to be a great success between two regular concerts happening one after another. It lasted for fifteen minutes and Bela liked it.

The next concert had me on speaker, and combo which consisted of pitchshifting sampler maniac, guitar/ electronics player and percussionist. It was fantastic, I liked my guts explodng thru the performance.

thanx for sharing the forum:

VID JERAJ

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Since I perform so much spoken word, I often ponder the age-old Chicken/Egg-type question regarding Poetry/Music.

Why aren't there more poets collaborating with musicians? As some of you may know, I've collaborated with a LOT of poets... Joan Payne Kincaid, Belinda Subraman, Carol Frith, John M. Bennett & many others...

So - if you're a poet... the questions (to you) are:

Which musicians have YOU collaborated with?

If not, WHY NOT?

Let's DISCUSS this one... the marraige of poetry & music can help to bring closure to some of the horrid things that are going on in our world today (methinks)!

Zzaj