Return to Website

Michael Biehn Fans Message Board

Welcome to the Michael Biehn Fans message board. This forum is open to all MB fans to express their opinions, hopes and dreams for the best underrated actor around. Please observe the basic netiquette quidelines and everyone will be happy.

Michael Biehn Fans Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Re: Re: Re: Literary Pursuits

Regarding who plays Jack Ryan-Tom Clancy never actually liked Ford's portryal of Ryan, he thought he was too old!!!!I don't believe he actually has final say,that goes to the film production company who buys the rights to the book. BUT!!!!!!Clancy was thrilled that Affleck was signed for the role.He thought he was a much better choice. Though, if the truth be told, Clancy's favorite Ryan is the original-Alec Baldwin. Clancy always tried to portray the Ryan character as more cerebral then action oriented. I have seen all the Jack Ryan films. Hunt for Red October remains my favorite, it has subs, hunky navel officers, Sam Neill as a cute Russian , more subs, lots of great undersea action and Sean Connery!!! I didn't care for Patriot Games(another film with Sean Bean as the stock bad guy Eoro trash terrorist),did enjoy Clear and Present Danger(one of Ford's most underated parts,)thought Sum of all Fears was o.k. Frankly, Michael Biehn doesn't have the Hollywood "name" to carry off a starring role as Ryan-BUT, Clancy novels are loaded with interesting and compelling supporting characters that Michael Biehn would be ideally suited to play!

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

From what I understand, Tom Clancy has final say over who plays the characters in his books. It was Clancy who approved of Ben Affleck in the last one. You should take your case to Mr. Clancy and see what he thinks.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Literary Pursuits

kathy i respect what you just say as a woman, but oh my god i cant believe you say this to me because that no talent loser punk played a younger jack ryan in a prequel, i mean do you know what that means? do you know what a prequel is? do you know what it means to play a character when that character was younger? do you realize this? because i can assure you at this moment of biehn time that i do and because i do i know that there still hasnt been a real sequel to cleat and present danger, where someone comes in and takes harrison ford place from where he left off in that! that is why i say again in this thread of yours kathy, that michael should be the only choice that is a biehn sure thing, to be the next jack ryan in the tradition of alec baldwin and harrison ford as a veteran actor! this has to happen because this is what i see for him as his future and michael biehn right now is 46 years old and based on that he has around 4 years left, to finally be the a list actor he deserves and that is why i say when you say to me that beihn doesnt hollywood name to carry the next true sequel to clear and present danger as jack ryan, i cant believe you say that, because if you really think that in your heart, then why are you a biehn fan now here at this place? because yeah michael beihn can sure as heck carry the name of jack ryan and not onl can he do it, but he can do it more than other in hollywood to shine today! because michael biehn is the best actor otuthere not on the a list that can carry the world as jack ryan! that is why i say having him being just a supporting character in the true next sequel to clear and present danger isnt enough for me and for biehn, because like i said in clockstoppers, he looked ready to break out of supportin ways and burst out as a new leading man! i see him doing this now that he is 46 years old with 4 years left to get this done, to be jump out to be in the lead as the new jack ryan! because of this i say tom clancy s$cks and he has obviously became BRAINDEAD if he is thrilled about that piece of trash, because michael biehn is the most deserving and the best qualified to play jack ryan and but to what you said of film production company having the final say, then that means michael biehn can be the next jack ryan because biehn is respected by many film production companys and if most of them like biehn, then the jack ryan films production thing will make biehn the new jack ryan! i say to you kathy that i respect what you say of the jack ryan movies you have seen with your views, but you have to know that only michael biehn should be the next real jack ryan and because he does i say it is time for brain dead clancy to wake up, it is time for the jack ryan film production company to wake it is time for all of hollywood to wake up because the time for michael biehn to make history as the new jack ryan being reunited with anne archer and james earl jones as his wife and his boss at 46 is Now Yeah and that is all Mr. Reese!

Replying to:

Regarding who plays Jack Ryan-Tom Clancy never actually liked Ford's portryal of Ryan, he thought he was too old!!!!I don't believe he actually has final say,that goes to the film production company who buys the rights to the book. BUT!!!!!!Clancy was thrilled that Affleck was signed for the role.He thought he was a much better choice. Though, if the truth be told, Clancy's favorite Ryan is the original-Alec Baldwin. Clancy always tried to portray the Ryan character as more cerebral then action oriented. I have seen all the Jack Ryan films. Hunt for Red October remains my favorite, it has subs, hunky navel officers, Sam Neill as a cute Russian , more subs, lots of great undersea action and Sean Connery!!! I didn't care for Patriot Games(another film with Sean Bean as the stock bad guy Eoro trash terrorist),did enjoy Clear and Present Danger(one of Ford's most underated parts,)thought Sum of all Fears was o.k. Frankly, Michael Biehn doesn't have the Hollywood "name" to carry off a starring role as Ryan-BUT, Clancy novels are loaded with interesting and compelling supporting characters that Michael Biehn would be ideally suited to play!

Replying to:

From what I understand, Tom Clancy has final say over who plays the characters in his books. It was Clancy who approved of Ben Affleck in the last one. You should take your case to Mr. Clancy and see what he thinks.