Return to Website

The Ruislip Manor FC Bravenet Web Forum

The Ruislip Manor FC Bravenet Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
RUISLIP MANOR V OXHEY JETS SATURDAY FEB 16TH 3.00PM

Would anyone wishing to help out at tomorrows game please be at the ground by 2.00pm and post a reply on this thread.

many thanks

Re: RUISLIP MANOR V OXHEY JETS SATURDAY FEB 16TH 3.00PM

I was disappointed to see the lack of response to your e-mail. There seems to have been a number of people "talking the talk" recently but is anyone actually prepared to do anything? Have you managed to properly fill your committee positions yet or do you have people temporarily acting as committee members?

Anyway, I do hope you had some people voluntering today. Well done on your 1-1.

Oh, and before anyone asks if I am going to step forward......the answer is no, I am a Wealdstone man who would simply like to see Manor survive.

Yeah, I was thinking that - but then I've no idea how many people have actually turned up to either help out or put their money over the turnstile. I myself haven't been able to get along and do my bit finacially yet so am as guilty as all the others - I do have the WFC and work excuse to fall back on tho!

All told tho, it seems like the playing side of things isn't too bad. I was concerned that following the mass departure of the first team and the enforced break earlier this year that the side was going to struggle. From the results and reports tho it seems like they're doing ok.
It would be cosiderably harder to motivate people to volenteer or watch the games if the team were playing ****!

All the people i expected to help were there yesterday and some of them dont have internet access.
Some of the new people who offered assistance on this site i emailed but have not got any response since we restarted our fixtures.
We do have a chairman,secretary/match secretary,asst secretary,matchday co-ordinator and a matchday committee and a programme editor/press officer.
In an effort to encourage Wealdstone supporters to come to some of our home games especially midweek ,with immediate effect all wealdstone ADULT SEASON TICKET HOLDERS will be admitted for 3 pounds (normally 5 pounds).

I'm glad to hear that things are progressing and that you've managed to get keen people to do important jobs. Keep the momentum up and it can only be good!
Excellent idea on the WFC season ticket holders. Even if you only get a handful of takers it can only add to the pot of money!

Promise that I'll do my best to get to a couple of games soon - work permitting of course....don't want you lot thinking I'm on of those who give it the biggun then does nothing!

I enjoyed the game. Perhaps Manor should have won
but missed chances.
Not bad attendance. How many?
Atmosphere was good. I was seated in the stand and
directly behind me was a Oxhey supporter aged 95!!!
Looking foward to the next game.CC