Return to Website

The Ruislip Manor FC Bravenet Web Forum

The Ruislip Manor FC Bravenet Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
MARCH 17TH NEW MANAGER

Following tonights game MICK JOHNSON has decided to stand down as manager of the club.
On behalf the club officials and supporters we would like to thank mick for all the hard work he has done for the club and keeping us going after the upheaval behind the scenes during january.
This saturday will see the return of PAUL PITFIELD as manager of the club and he will have RICHARD MOUNT and FERGAL OHAGAN assisting him.

Re: MARCH 17TH NEW MANAGER

********************************************************************************************************

RUISLIP MANOR F.C. PRESS RELEASE, TUESDAY 18TH MARCH 2008

Following the resignation of Micky Johnson as their manager, Ruislip Manor Football Club is delighted to unveil former boss Paul Pitfield as his replacement.

Paul will work with Richard Mount, former assistant manager at Ruislip Manor, and Fergal O'Hagan, who previously managed the reserve team at Grosvenor Vale, to look to keep the Club in the Premier Division of the Spartan South Midlands League.

Currently the Club sits in the relegation zone, three points behind Holmer Green, following a 2-1 home defeat to Biggleswade Town on Monday night. Paul's first game in charge will be away at Brimsdown Rovers on Saturday.

In his previous spell, Paul managed Ruislip Manor for five years, achieving a best league position of seventh in season 2002/03 and leading the Club to its first piece of silverware in fifteen years - the Spartan South Midlands League Challenge Trophy in season 2005/06. He also represented Ruislip Manor during his playing career.

Ruislip Manor gives its full backing to Paul and his team for what is likely to be a challenging final six weeks of the season, and hopes he can build towards a more encouraging 2008/09 campaign.

The Club would also like to express its sincerest gratitude to Micky Johnson and his staff for their tremendous hard work and endeavour in what has been a particularly difficult season. Micky deserves a great deal of respect for his commitment to Ruislip Manor during some of its darkest days of recent times earlier in the campaign, and he will always be welcome at Grosvenor Vale.

The Club hopes this change will give it new impetus in its quest to avoid relegation to Division One, and that all followers of Ruislip Manor will give the new management staff their unequivocal support.

ENDS

*******************************************************************************************************

Re: Re: MARCH 17TH NEW MANAGER

All the best to Michael and thanks to him for keeping the team going when there was nothing. Also good luck and a very warm welcome back to Pitty, Mounty and Fergal - I'm not sure about the terminology in the Press Release about the "unveiling" though!

Fair play imo to Mick for doing what he did. In the dark days back in January he and Gary were literally "the club". After the match v Kingsbury on 5/1 there was a break of a month until the match v Biggleswade on 5/2. 10 matches played since 5/2 (6 away games at Biggleswade, WGC, Langford, L Colney, Lev Green & St Margaretsbury) - no money paid at all for expenses or players apart from £50 which was part used to fill the minibus and the rest used for discharging a fine). When people arent even reimbursed expenses for travelling to an away game then I think he did well to keep a team together and fulfill fixtures (even though the team was young and perhaps not very good).
Definitely one of the good guys.

Turned in a couple of good results there too.

All the best for the future Mick, and thanks!

Hi, boys.
Long time no seen you. But I'm always minding the club.

I'm glad that Paul and his staffs returned to the club. And also I'm glad that old players came back(Lee: Where is your girlfriend now?).
I believe that Ruislip Manor FC stays in present division 2008/09 season.
I wish that from Argentina.
And,
If you need me I come there in time(But depend on Metropolitan line).

And , thanks Mick for managing our team that is the best of my memory of my British life. And good luck.

Anyway,
Good luck boys!!! Do the best!