Return to Website

The Ruislip Manor FC Bravenet Web Forum

The Ruislip Manor FC Bravenet Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
RUISLIP MANOR 1 BEACONSFIELD SYCOB 6

A new look manor side were put to the sword by 2nd place beaconsfield sycob who jumped leaders biggleswade with his win.
the visitors led 3-0 at half time and when manor pulled a goal back and went close to getting a 2nd goal things were looking but in the closing stages the vistors scored 3 times in the last few minutes to put a flattering look on the scoreline

Re: RUISLIP MANOR 1 BEACONSFIELD SYCOB 6

any old faces on show? rumoured to return?

old faces on show included jason shaw,james white and frankie altomare

Also Steve Carr (plus family), Nick Walters, Darren Murphy, Matt Plaskett and James Kelsh. Watching from the sidelines were Ollie Howells, Chris Arens, Ben Payne and Lee Gritt (plus Mark 'Terrible' Gritt)

Scoreline flattered Beaconsfield a little and we didn't deserve to concede the three late goals. I think 3-2 to them would have been about right although they were ruthless in front of goal and look a very useful team. We certainly competed as a unit up until beaco scored their fourth on 82 minutes. If we had made it 3-2..who knows as they were getting a bit jumpy in the second half which we certainly bossed though of course they had the luxury of having gained a 3-0 half time lead.

Looking at the remaining fixtures, picking up the required 6 points, to avoid relegation, looks hard, especially with the goal difference being worth a point. Can I, as a long time Manor man please ask the players on the touchline to consider helping Mr Pit and his crew, by coming back if at all possible, and pulling on the White and Black shirts once again?

Having met Terry I think that for the first time since George we do now have someone at the helm who is looking out for the football section.