Return to Website

The Ruislip Manor FC Bravenet Web Forum

The Ruislip Manor FC Bravenet Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
meeting update and preseason friendlies

Having just spoken to club secretary dave mcardle he has told me that permission to change the club name to RUISLIP MANOR & BRENT FC is awaiting confirmation.
The new venue is now confirmed as the old VIKING SPORTS FC ground along the western avenue and the club will play in DIVISION ONE of the SPARTAN LEAGUE subject to ratification at the LEAGUE AGM in 2 weeks time.
Two preseason friendlies have already been arranged
AWAY to WILLESDEN CONSTANTINE on SATURDAY JULY 26 3.00
HOME to CHALFONT ST PETER ON TUESDAY AUGUST 5TH 7.45

More info to come

Please note that i am no longer an official of the new set up but am updating this site when i find out any news.

Re: meeting update and preseason friendlies

Thanks for the update Victor. Easy to view this as the end of an era for RMFC but better to consider it an opening of a new chapter. Maybe my family who were involved in the 1947 move to Grosvenor Vale felt similarly!!

Well done to you and the other volunteers for keeping things going and I'm sure I'll take in a game at the new ground.

Cheers Victor, any news on the new Management team

Matt Oliver who worked with wingate and finchly last season has been appointed director of football and paul pitfield is no longer manager of the club.
see http://www.aisint.org/offices/london.php for more details of the involvement from ambassadors in sport who are fully involved in the new set up.

Cheers Victor,makes interesting reading, I especially like the bit about helping young offenders.

Just spoke to dave mcardle (CLUB SEC) and another pre season game will be at HOME to KENTISH TOWN on SATURDAY AUGUST 2ND 3.00PM K.O

i think it is a shame that Manor are leaving the ground at Grosvenor Vale which was once the envy of the amateur game. Ruislip Manor is the best place for Ruislip Manor FC to play.

As an ex resident of Cranley Drive, I watched Manor play on many occasions. What is going to happen to the facilities now? I do hope the ground will not be redeveloped for more housing.

Re: Re: meeting update and preseason friendlies

The sports & social club has been taken over by Wealdsstone FC. The sale was not advertised. The Manor didn't want to leave but had no real option. The clubhouse still has to retain the name Ruislip Manor Sports & Social Club Ltd and the ground will be used for sport for the foreseeable future. However, the freeholders may want it for other things once the lease is up and although it should stay as a sports ground this may change. When the MoD sold it, there wasn't much publicity either.

brian ,the ground is now to be used by WEALDSTONE FC they have the majority shareholding of the sports and social club which has a large debt and would have been closed down without their intervention.
Wealdstone have spent a fortune upgrading the ground to RYMAN PREMIER standard including the PITCH
The lease on the ground has 10 years left.

Thanks for the update Ron and Knight man. I'll have to try and see Manor at their new home if I'm in Ruislip again and also perhaps a visit to Grosvenor Vale for a Wealdstone game. I look forward to Wealsdstone v Ruislip Manor at the Vale perhaps in the future?

Wealsdstone v Ruislip Manor at the Vale perhaps in the future?

I would like to see that!

Hayes & Yeading United Supporter!