Depersonalization Forum

Please use this forum to discuss information directly related to Depersonalization Disorder. We welcome you to share your own personal experiences with others as well as any treatment or study programs you may know about. We have been forced to restructure the Forum so we could have editing access as needed and be able to Archive older comments once they disappear.  Sorry for the temporary inconvenience, but now we will able to post older material for reference.

Forum: Depersonalization Forum
Start a New Topic 
   Board|Threaded
Author
Comment
Los Angeles DPD Resources?

I'm the mom of a 13 year old who has be very specifically describing DPD symptoms for the last two months. When he describes feeling like things aren't real, or that he isn't there, it seems I can never quite relate to it ... I can grasp the ideas of what he is saying, but I'm not able to relate to the intensity of the pain he is describing.

I just finshed reading Stranger to Myself and now I feel very much more informed. I am especially interested in ACT therapy for him. It would also be nice to let him speak to people who can relate, but I'm concerned about what seems rather like a drug culture on some of the other forums.

I'm hoping I can get some leads on where I can get him some help with this.

I already took him to a neurologist who made him touch his nose and told him there's nothing wrong with his brain. He's seeing a therapist who is great from as cognitive behavioral person, but she doesn't have any experience treating anyone with DPD.

I'd really like to get hooked up with someone with more specialized knowledge.

Can anyone on the forum offer any tips?

Thank you.

Email  
Re: Los Angeles DPD Resources? - by Jeff - Jul 1, 2011 8:14pm
Get your own FREE Forum today! 
Report Content ·  · Web Calendars   Counters & Site Stats   Free Guestbooks   Cheap Domains