Depersonalization Forum

Please use this forum to discuss information directly related to Depersonalization Disorder. We welcome you to share your own personal experiences with others as well as any treatment or study programs you may know about. We have been forced to restructure the Forum so we could have editing access as needed and be able to Archive older comments once they disappear.  Sorry for the temporary inconvenience, but now we will able to post older material for reference.

Forum: Depersonalization Forum
Start a New Topic 
   Board|Threaded
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Question about feeling unreal

Interesting thought. I imagine that everyone experiences some degree of unreality under different circumstances. Especially during or after traumatic events when people describe the experience as unreal, or in a dream. In his book Nausea, Sartre does mention things seeming "too real." My own experience has involved trying different meds to deal with DPD, and while using some of these, everything seemed somehow "too crystal clear" or "too real." I suppose it was an over-awareness of the surroundings, rather than the peaceful acceptance of everything around them that most people experience. Certainly, there are degrees of depersonalization and unreality, and these may be within the realm of normal experience for many people. But when the DP is chronic, unrelenting, and unwavering, then it may be defined as true depersonalization disorder.

Email  
Get your own FREE Forum today! 
Report Content ·  · Web Calendars   Counters & Site Stats   Email Forms   Free Web Hosting