Depersonalization Forum

Please use this forum to discuss information directly related to Depersonalization Disorder. We welcome you to share your own personal experiences with others as well as any treatment or study programs you may know about. We have been forced to restructure the Forum so we could have editing access as needed and be able to Archive older comments once they disappear.  Sorry for the temporary inconvenience, but now we will able to post older material for reference.

Depersonalization Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Copper Toxicity/Zinc Deficiency - More Info

Hi Jeff,
Thank you for your comments. I am very interested in learning more about the connection between nutrtitional status and DP. I have read some of the research being done in New York and England, although not in the last few years. I don't recall seeing information regarding research on mercury, copper, zinc, and other metals/minerals, but I am the first to admit that I may not remember that because of my very bad memory from DP. What sticks out in my mind is basically a focus on drug treatments, and of course tests like PET scans to understand better what part of the brain is affected by DP. You mentioned bloodwork, but I know that heavy metals and minerals need to be tested by hair analysis to get a true profile, which is not the common practice.
Like I stated earlier, my sister has written a book on zinc/copper, etc. and has uncovered longreaching implications due to imbalances, both the number of people it is affecting, and the problems they cause. This also includes many mineral/vitamin deficiencies, including a Vit. D deficieny of epidemic proportions, causing many health issues, including mental. I cannot state that someone who uses street drugs and then gets depersonalization disorder is because of an underlying nutritional deficiency, but I think that based on the research out there (by many well-known universities) it is worth delving into more. You state on the Home page that DP is of epidemic proportions. In our world today, WHAT isn't found in epidemic proportions? I am convinced that the causes fall in three large categories: Malnutrition, sedentary lifestyle, and a toxic environment.
It's six weeks since my visit to Pfeiffer, so I will get my results any day now. I will try to keep my posts to a minimum about this as I know it doesn't interest everyone, but I will keep you updated with highlights of my detoxing experience.
Thanks!
Maureen