Depersonalization Forum

Please use this forum to discuss information directly related to Depersonalization Disorder. We welcome you to share your own personal experiences with others as well as any treatment or study programs you may know about. We have been forced to restructure the Forum so we could have editing access as needed and be able to Archive older comments once they disappear.  Sorry for the temporary inconvenience, but now we will able to post older material for reference.

Depersonalization Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
I GOT OVER IT!!!

We with depersonalization disorder feel "disconnected." This is a terrible experience, because we cannot "have" anything. So, if you think about it, how can you enjoy anything if you don't have it? So, when we confront everything, we do feel disconnected and hopeless, as if we were nothing but isolated and completely trapped. living in a fog and watching everything go by as if it were a movie - something that is happening outside of us.

BUT, this is something that I think is at the root of all western ways of thinking. We view the world as a bunch of things, separated and isolated from everything. And we are just one of these things that is just there. The only way to overcome this, to the west, is to just get whatever we want. We seek to become rich and famous in this way. When we find that we are not in control and thus we feel terrible, because we are even more isolated in the fact that we can't hold onto anything.

THERE IS NOTHING TO HOLD ONTO! EVERYTHING IS YOU! I REALIZED THIS!!! I was reading the Book on the Taboo Against Knowing Who You Are by a brilliant writer named Alan Watts. Well, think about it this way: we with a western way of viewing everything, we see the world as separate. So, if someone were to say to us: "The universe is you and you are not separated from anything," you would ask: "Why? Why am I not separated from anything?" What we should instead be asking is this: "WHY DO WE HAVE TO BE SEPARATED FROM ANYTHING?????!??!?!?!?!??" Why do I have to feel isolated? I see a mountain: why do I have to feel so far away from it? I see a star in the sky: why does have to be something outside of me? It isn't! When I asked myself this, I told myself: "When I look at someething, that something is me. When I hear something, I am that which I hear. I am that of which I am aware." And everything became beautiful! When we feel happy, we feel connected. When we are connected, everything makes you happy. Realize that everything is just a different form of one thing, and that thing is you.

Watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHNyCAJXUXE&feature=related

Re: I GOT OVER IT!!!

Pal, I cant make my bloody head to listen to me, when it s the only thing thats been messing about. In a way you are okay, as I still can ask my brain to add 2 and 2 to make 4 but I mean I didnt even get what you were trying to say, let alone force feed my brain to behave properly.