Depersonalization Forum

Please use this forum to discuss information directly related to Depersonalization Disorder. We welcome you to share your own personal experiences with others as well as any treatment or study programs you may know about. We have been forced to restructure the Forum so we could have editing access as needed and be able to Archive older comments once they disappear.  Sorry for the temporary inconvenience, but now we will able to post older material for reference.

Depersonalization Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Just help me!!! I consider suicide

"You are, at the moment, a Maserati, requiring a special mechanic"

Cool.

Re: Re: Just help me!!! I consider suicide

Jeff,

my first diagnosis was ppd. They gave me celexa and klonopin. I took celexa 2 months; NEVER helped dp/dr and depression. I was depressed because of dp/dr and anxious BECAUSE of dp/dr. I stuck with klonopin because it helped me sleep, but I stayed in a sad fog for 4 years. Now take 1mg 3/4, trying since 4 years to taper off. I can't. Now stucked with ritalin, memory problem, emotionnal problems because of ritalin *take too much. I just lost my job, my bf wants to move, I am too too too stressed.

That is just why I take paxil. for now. Hate it.

Sorry :( for my posts. :(

Re: Re: Re: Just help me!!! I consider suicide

Karine,
I was in a very helpless state like you are in years ago. I AM BETTER. Please, hang in there. Go find a good Dr. who can help you. There are many, many medications...some work for some people and not for others. If all you have tried is one or two, you haven't scratched the surface.
HOPELESSNESS and HELPLESSNESS are symptoms of depression.....depression and anxiety together fuel one another, and it is a difficult and vicious cycle...but it can be broken.
Don't stop looking for help.