Depersonalization Forum

Please use this forum to discuss information directly related to Depersonalization Disorder. We welcome you to share your own personal experiences with others as well as any treatment or study programs you may know about. We have been forced to restructure the Forum so we could have editing access as needed and be able to Archive older comments once they disappear.  Sorry for the temporary inconvenience, but now we will able to post older material for reference.

Depersonalization Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
?

So yes. Hi to this site. So I've only just discovered that DPD is what I think I have. For a span of a year or two I was thinking I was borderline. but a therapist told me that it's impossible to be aware that you have that. Has anyone heard of depersonalization being so chronic that it just never ends? I just don't really remember a point of not having it. but i can say that it's just gotten worse over the years. like everything is in super slow motion. i've gotten very fearful of driving. i never really liked it much..but i feel like i'm going to get into an accident. i work at a pet shop and i have two ferrets and a fishtank with minnows in it. but looking back on it, i've realized i've gotten these animals in hopes of filling this void that i'm in. deep down i know i am/the world is real, but i'm so far from it and all i can think of is my death. i know i shouldn't kill myself over this. so don't send me a billion emails saying "don't do it" i'm not looking for all that drama. reading online about treatment plans isn't looking very hopeful. i'm very against any mixture of meds. i feel very scattered. very numb. like i'm drunk all the time. i'm not exactly sure what i am asking in this forum. i guess i just wanted to tell anybody who would listen and not think i was just lazy or fine. cuz i'm obviously not. and i'm sick of my parents yelling at me to do something with my massage therapy schooling i finished last november. and i'm sick of my friend not taking me seriously. and i'm awfully sick of working so much. and i'm not sure how all this started, but i had a pretty messed up childhood..so maybe that was it. it's all just very lame and nothing matters. i just feel like a pebble thrown into a pond.but without the ripples. just sinking to the bottom.

Re: ?

Welcome to this world. People here know exactly what you are saying and are just as frustrated with the rest of the world for having so little understanding of it.

Re: Re: ?

well thank you so much for the, "welcome to the group." It's kinda nice when people can understand the situation when you stop waking up every day. haha