Depersonalization Forum

Please use this forum to discuss information directly related to Depersonalization Disorder. We welcome you to share your own personal experiences with others as well as any treatment or study programs you may know about. We have been forced to restructure the Forum so we could have editing access as needed and be able to Archive older comments once they disappear.  Sorry for the temporary inconvenience, but now we will able to post older material for reference.

Depersonalization Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Different Perspective on Humans

ya i totally get what you mean. of course i tend to view the same with myself. i haven't really decided if it's me that's lost something or the world...i guess it would make sense that it would be me. everyone else seems happy and productive enough. but i tend to not think about anything, that way i don't get too caught up with my thoughts. usually thoughts like yours turn into thoughts of how everything is meaningless. like, "why the hell do i work?" "what is money? why does everyone need it when all it is, is paper?" ya everything is complicated.

Re: Different Perspective on Humans

i get the similar aspect. or rather you feel just as a different species and that the nature of every process is fundamentally different, almost non-relatable. This is actually one of the more troubling facets of the disorder for me.