Depersonalization Forum

Please use this forum to discuss information directly related to Depersonalization Disorder. We welcome you to share your own personal experiences with others as well as any treatment or study programs you may know about. We have been forced to restructure the Forum so we could have editing access as needed and be able to Archive older comments once they disappear.  Sorry for the temporary inconvenience, but now we will able to post older material for reference.

Depersonalization Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Woe is me...

I know that dpd can disappear as it appearred. My brother has it for 20 years. Once when he was a student, dpd disappeared for him. As he told me. For a year i guess. I don't know for how long exactly. I have dpd for about 10 years. I know that it's good without dpd. :)
I think you know what you have to do. Give to your daughters everything you think you have to give them. Hope for the best. Do best. Be strong. Don't give up. :)

I had PTSD for about three years. Now i am cured from PTSD. It was hundred times worse than only DPD. It felt like it can't be worse. You feel like you are exploding and someone pause that moment. You feel your explosion everytime. Something like that. But now it's O.K. . :)

I have suffered with depersonalisation for since October 2007, and I can say that I am well on the way to recovery. I stumbled across this site around 2 months back, and it disturbed me greatly. People saying they have suffered for 10 15 years with dp, and all the words like 'a sick soul' etc, this site makes me feel worse. If this person knows anything about dp and recovery he/she must know that flourescent green writing on a black background is possibly the most uncomfortable text/background combo in existence. As dp is just a state of mind, a sufferer needs positivity and I have not seen any of this on this site, just dark scary horror stories that will make you sink deeper into dp.

There is a huge amount of positive help and good advice out there, and in my and alot of other ex-sufferers opinion is that people that have suffered 10-15 years just haven't found the correct advice and understanding. I took no meds, no professional pshychiatric help, and i have recovered in 6 months. I was terrible, didn't recognise myself or voice, terrible scary thoughts about planning my suicide, no sleep, constant body tremors, everything. But now I am fine, and you will be too if you get the write advice and stop wallowing in your own suffering. The only way to be normal is to live your life normally, don't hide away.

Tom

Hi Summer,

I am a mum aswell, I ahve two boys aged 4 and 1... I have today been told/diagnosed with this monster DPD... although i suppose its nice to have a name for it.... I find it very hard to put into words how it now makes me feel... what you said was like reading my thoughts... I always feel like im letting my family down... I would like to stay in touch if you like x