Depersonalization Forum

Please use this forum to discuss information directly related to Depersonalization Disorder. We welcome you to share your own personal experiences with others as well as any treatment or study programs you may know about. We have been forced to restructure the Forum so we could have editing access as needed and be able to Archive older comments once they disappear.  Sorry for the temporary inconvenience, but now we will able to post older material for reference.

Depersonalization Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: energy drinks and dp

I don't know... I stay away fromm ALL stimulant and even fluorescent lighting. Going to a grocery store, I always literally black out due to the lighting. Stimulants make me very fuzzy and black out. So, any type of caffeine or energy drink, I would advise not to mess around with. I think those feelings are temporary, but with people who have DP, it exacerbates our symptoms. So, for someone who doesn't have DP, it makes them feel energized. For us, it makes us black out. It really just depends, though. I have (for the most part) the non-anxiety DP... so, maybe it's different for me than it would be for you. Just be careful and listen to your body. Note each result. Keep a journal of what is bad vs. what is okay, to make sure you don't repeat any mishap.

Re: Re: energy drinks and dp

yes, energy drinks definitely make me have more feelings of de-realization, anxiety and dp. guarana is just caffeine... it is not inherently any worse... don't listen to commercials.

i find that ginseng actually gives me worse feelings of dp than caffeine. i try to limit my intake. in any case, it's temporary. some days i am more sensitive than others.