Depersonalization Forum

Please use this forum to discuss information directly related to Depersonalization Disorder. We welcome you to share your own personal experiences with others as well as any treatment or study programs you may know about. We have been forced to restructure the Forum so we could have editing access as needed and be able to Archive older comments once they disappear.  Sorry for the temporary inconvenience, but now we will able to post older material for reference.

Depersonalization Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Anyone recover completely?

I had dp since 1992 14 years in total and have recently just taken abilify on its own which seems to have got rid of dp. When you recover, for me anyway, it was sudden one day I had the symptoms and then the next thing I know they disappeared. Stress used to exacerbrate my symptoms. Fingers crossed.

Re: Re: Anyone recover completely?

Spoke too soon, dp back again

Re: Re: Re: Anyone recover completely?

haha. I wish you hadn't said that!!!

What is ablify? Is it a prescription drug? Never know might work for me.

Re: Re: Anyone recover completely?

yes abilify is a prescription drug - an antipsychotic with its own side effect. Had dp for 16+ plus years only diazpam helps

I have been suffering from DP for the last 35 years.I consulted psychiatrists and have been taking medicines.I think I have cured upto 75 percent of it.I don't think a complete cure is possible in my life. Still I am living without completely knowing what I am. I feel my 'self' detached from my body.
Those who are suffering from this disorder are truly unfortunate people.I have only one desire left in life.To live at least one minute with the mind and 'self' that others have .
Thank you .

Yes, see my post:
http://pub48.bravenet.com/forum/static/show.php?usernum=4086229120&frmid=72&msgid=992942&cmd=show