Depersonalization Forum

Please use this forum to discuss information directly related to Depersonalization Disorder. We welcome you to share your own personal experiences with others as well as any treatment or study programs you may know about. We have been forced to restructure the Forum so we could have editing access as needed and be able to Archive older comments once they disappear.  Sorry for the temporary inconvenience, but now we will able to post older material for reference.

Depersonalization Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
help in coping?

. A psychiatric nurse diagnosed me with Dp , anxiety and depression. I am 17 years old. I recalled when it all happened. I was either 9 or 10 years old , it was a very hot day and everything was spinning in the room , I felt myself spinning and the walls closing in , and the most horrible thing ever - my way of thought , feeling and perception changing. It felt like I was going crazy at the same time going to die of my heart beating so fast.I felt fatigue , and tired and lost my apatite from it all because it seemed as my head would explode with all these thoughts - I feel unreal , detached from my body , the world didn't feel real and like I nor everything else didn't not exist and yet I knew I existed. I couldn't explain it. It was like I went into this episode and I feel as though I'm going insane. Sometimes I feel as though I will lose all control of myself and become crazy. I try to forget about it by preoccupying my mind and when I could all I could do was try to ease my mind by going to sleep and hope that I wouldn't feel this way , until the other episode. Sometimes I'd be so happy and then it was like a train hit me all of a sudden , and I feel like the world just stopped in slow motion and sometimes like a machine , the dead among the living. Sometimes my episodes would be caused by the lights in the house and I would have to turn it off and this habit was noticed and became a nuisance. Up to today I'm still trying to manage my episodes! It feels so nasty , to be stripped away of all sanity , to feel neutral sometimes , and become depressed by the feeling of not feeling real.

Re: help in coping?

hey

Re: help in coping?

yes