Depersonalization Forum

Please use this forum to discuss information directly related to Depersonalization Disorder. We welcome you to share your own personal experiences with others as well as any treatment or study programs you may know about. We have been forced to restructure the Forum so we could have editing access as needed and be able to Archive older comments once they disappear.  Sorry for the temporary inconvenience, but now we will able to post older material for reference.

Depersonalization Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Hangover, my god

Does anyone else feel like they slipped into the 8th circle of hell when they're hungover?

DP gets a shot of steroids or something if I had drank the night before. Sometimes I sleep for 24 hours straight after drinking because I'm terrified of how I'm going to feel if I get out of bed.

Re: Hangover, my god

Yes, that is the worst feeling on earth. It gets worse as you get older, so I quit drinking completely. Doing that helped in every other way. But if you do have a drink now and then, drink the purest stuff, like Absolute Vodka.

Re: Hangover, my god

Being stoned is bad too. I can't tell which is worse. I quit smoking pot altogether because of how it made me feel after DP. In fact, I was REALLY impressed with how Numb was able to capture the feeling. The sound, the focus on the sink, the look on his face, the heartbeat..I was like "yeah, that's exactly right"

When he was talking about why he was watching the golf channel "It's green, people are whispering, it's comforting" I totally knew what he meant.

The movie (It seems I'm just talking about Numb now) seemed like it was really based on the feelings when you FIRST get DP. I remember it being that bad and distressing, but after I accepted it, it got better. It still gets to crippling points where I don't want to be social and just go to sleep. But I guess he was getting to the acceptance towards the end of the movie when he was talking to Sara in the movie store.

I just saw it last night and I've watched it like 5 times. It's just unreal to me that Hollywood actually made a movie about it. It's comforting.

Re: Re: Hangover, my god

Off note:

I do kind of fear Numb making DP some kind of fad, though. Like how people freely throw around ADHD and Bipolar, people that really suffer from the disorder are included in the people that use it as an excuse.

However, the awareness might make some drug companies start gearing some drugs towards DP sufferers.