Welcome!

Please join us on our new website @:

Welcome To Rapture In The Air
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
HE shall confirm the Covenant

He shall confirm the covenant with many

The understanding of the final week of Daniel’s 70 weeks comes down to an understanding of Daniel 9:27.  The problem is that none of the solutions seems to work with the text. Of course, that prophecy is not of any private interpretation is a fact. Yet, there appears to still be a better way to interpret the text.

The pre-tribulation study places the final week as yet future with the “he” in verse 27 referring back to the the coming Prince as Antichrist. Therefore, the covenant of seven years is said to be some treaty of seven years between the Antichrist and Israel. Then Christ returns at the end of the seven years with the Church who was taken before this time for Israel began.

Others hold that the “he” of verse 27 refers to the Messiah. However, Messiah is then seen as the one who ends the sacrifices in the middle of the week by his death on the cross. At best then, only 3.5 years remain of Daniel’s time to be fulfilled. However, most believe the whole seventy weeks were fulfilled already.

Maybe there is a better option, that I cannot confirm myself, but due to the hour, it needs to be put forward.

The reality it seems is that the best use of grammar is that the “he” of verse 27 does indeed refer to the Messiah. It is what the whole context is about. However, the chronology of Messiah being cut off, with the Temple then being destroyed later, was clearly at the conclusion of 69 weeks. The 69 weeks were calculated to end with the passion week of Christ at his rejection by the Jews. It was Him being “cut off”. A few weeks later the Church was initiated and God’s timepiece of Israel was essentially put on hold. It has been on hold for nearly 2,000 years.

But what cannot happen is to then say that Jesus’ crucifixion is represented by the sacrifices being stopped in the middle of the 70th week, since the destruction of the Temple comes prior to the 70th week per Daniel. It is a clear chronological order. Jesus was cut off at the conclusion of 69 weeks. That time piece then stopped. Nearly 40 years later the Temple and its sacrifices were then destroyed in 70 AD. All that remains now is that He must confirm the covenant to initiate the timepiece of Daniel to finish the final week or seven years. We cannot jump out of chronological order.

Therefore, if “he” that confirms the covenant is really the Messiah and not the Antichrist, how does He confirm the covenant? And for seven years?

Indeed, the Church awaits the Messiah and the fulfillment of the New Covenant. We as a body of believers of Jew and Gentile, wait patiently, as we have, observing the communion table that points to the fulfillment of His return for us to complete the covenant. Will not the Rapture itself be the fulfillment or confirmation of the New Covenant? But there is still more covenant to fulfill. With the removal of the Church, Israel will be grafted back into the tree. The final seven years then position Israel to the completion of its  Covenant. Then is not Messiah confirming  or verifying His Covenant with His people over these seven years? It says He shall confirm the covenant with many for one week. It would seem that many will see the Covenant being fulfilled at this time.

That might then mean that the Church gets confirmed via the Rapture at the very onset of the 70th Week.

November 8, 2010 is day 2,519 inclusively back from the day of Atonement 2017. There were various reasons for this conclusion that may be valid or invalid. The point is that November 7, 2010 is day 2,520 and it is also a Sunday. This may be a very important day. Either way it is very close.

Considering that it is Messiah who confirms the covenant and then would be seen as the one who directs judgement upon the Antichrist and the world in verse 27, it would also nullify the long tradition of a seven year peace treaty between Antichrist and Israel. More importantly, the Antichrist revealed after the Rapture, could take some extra time to ascend to world dominator.  This would then allow for Ezekiel’s War and Psalm 83 to go off as planned at the start of the 70th week after the Rapture and before the coming kingdom of the Antichrist. Otherwise, with the Antichrist needing to be the covenant maker, it would unnecessarily compress the flow of events. This solution would therefore allow a more natural flow.

Therefore, Daniel’s 70th Week is still future, but it is a confirmation of the Covenant by the Messiah. He is putting an end to all things to make sure that it is all fulfilled as promised–and on schedule. We will soon see if this is indeed the time...

http://2010rapture.org/many.html

Email: Daniel@2010rapture.org

Re: HE shall confirm the Covenant

Daniel Matson
He shall confirm the covenant with many

The reality it seems is that the best use of grammar is that the “he” of verse 27 does indeed refer to the Messiah.

Daniel, I respectfully disagree with the snippet from your post that I quoted above. For this reason:

I don’t think that the best use of the “he” in Dan. 9:27 refers to Messiah, but refers back to the ‘he’ in verse 9:26., who destroyed Jerusalem in 70 AD.

Here’s the study that I’m getting this from, and I believe the better exegesis.

For Informational Purposes Only: Complete study of Daniel ch.9, found here at Blue Letter Bible:

http://www.blueletterbible.org/commentaries/comm_view.cfm?AuthorID=2&contentID=7794&commInfo=31&topic=Daniel&ar=Dan_9_27

First, Dan. 9:26

4. (26) What happens after the first sixty-nine weeks.

And after the sixty-two weeks Messiah shall be cut off, but not for Himself; and the people of the prince who is to come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary. The end of it shall be with a flood, and till the end of the war desolations are determined.

a. After the sixty-two weeks Messiah shall be cut off: The Biblical term cut off is sometimes used to describe execution (see Genesis 9:11 and Exodus 31:14). The Messiah will be cut off for the sake of others, not for Himself.

i. "Able chronologists have shown that the crucifixion of the Lord Jesus Christ occurred immediately after the expiration of 483 prophetic years, of 360 days each, from the time of Artaxerxes' order." (Ironside)

ii. Strangely, many able commentators simply ignore these numbers. "The numbers are symbolic and not arithmetical." (Baldwin)

iii. Cut off is a poignant description of Jesus' earthly life up to and including the cross. "Born in another man's stable, cradled in another man's manger with nowhere to lay his head during his life on earth, and buried in another man's tomb after dying on a cursed cross, the Christ of God and the Friend of the friendless was indeed cut off and had nothing." (Heslop)

b. Shall destroy the city and the sanctuary: After the Messiah is cut off, Jerusalem and her temple would be destroyed again by an overwhelming army (with a flood). Most all Bible scholars and commentators agree that this was fulfilled in the Roman destruction of Jerusalem in 70 a.d.

c. The people of the prince who is to come shall destroy: The destroying army is made up of the people of the prince who is to come. This coming prince is described more in Daniel 9:26.

Then Daniel 9:27

6. (27) The events of the seventieth week.

Then he shall confirm a covenant with many for one week; but in the middle of the week he shall bring an end to sacrifice and offering. And on the wing of abominations shall be one who makes desolate, even until the consummation, which is determined, is poured out on the desolate.

a. He shall confirm a covenant: The "he" Gabriel mentions is the prince who is to come mentioned in the previous verse. If we know that the prince's people destroyed Jerusalem in 70 a.d., then we know this coming prince has his ancestral roots in the soil of the ancient Roman Empire.

i. Therefore, the prince who is to come will in some way be an heir to the Romans, even as the final world government is an heir to the Roman Empire (Daniel 7).

b. He shall confirm a covenant with many for one week: The coming prince will make a covenant with Israel for the final unit of seven years, completing the seventy weeks prophesied for the Jewish people and Jerusalem.

i. Covenant with many: The word many here is a specific reference to Israel, not a general reference to a group. The ancient Hebrew says, "covenant with the many."

ii. With this covenant Israel will embrace the Antichrist as a political messiah, if not the literal Messiah. Jesus predicted this in John 5:43: I have come in My Father's name, and you do not receive Me; if another comes in his own name, him you will receive.

iii. Taking the description of what would be accomplished in the 70 Weeks from Daniel 9:24, we know that the 70 Weeks are not yet complete. Yet the events promised in the first 69 weeks are fulfilled, indicated that there is a lengthy "pause" in the 70 Weeks, between the 69th week and the 70th week. The 70th week will begin when the coming prince shall confirm a covenant with the Jewish people. These "gaps" or "pauses" in prophecy may seem strange to us, but they are common. Comparing Isaiah 9:6 and Luke 1:31-33 shows another significant "pause" or "gap" in prophecy regarding the coming of the Messiah.

iv. We can think of it in this way: God has appointed 490 years of special focus on Israel in His redemptive plan. The years were "paused" by Israel's rejection of Jesus. Now, there is no special focus on Israel in God's redemptive plan because this is the time of the church. God's focus will return to Israel when the church is taken away (at the rapture) and the last seven years of man's rule on this earth begin.

v. "The 70th week will begin when the Jewish people are restored in unbelief to their land and city; and among them will be found a faithful remnant, owning their sin, and seeking Jehovah's face." (Henry Ironside writing in 1911)

c. In the middle of the week he shall bring an end to sacrifice and offering: The coming prince will break the covenant with Israel in the middle of the seven years, the final "week."

i. The Book of Revelation sees this seven year period with both its halves as yet future (Revelation 12:6, 13-14; 13:5-9, 14-15). The middle of the week and the end of sacrifice had not yet happened in 90 a.d.

d. On the wing of abominations shall be one who makes desolate: The ending of sacrifice will come with abominations, followed by tremendous desolation.

i. Abominations translates an ancient Hebrew word (shiqquwts) that is connected to horrific idolatry (Deuteronomy 29:17; 1 Kings 11:5-7; 2 Kings 23:13). The idea is that the coming prince breaks the covenant and brings an end to sacrifice and offering by desecrating the holy place of the temple with a horrific idolatry.

ii. Jesus called this the abomination of desolation (Matthew 24:15) and indicated that it would be a pivotal sign in the Great Tribulation. Paul referred to the idolatry of the coming prince in 2 Thessalonians 2:3-4.

e. Until the consummation, which is determined, is poured out on the desolate: This breaking of the covenant and abomination of desolation has a promised consummation. Before the 70th week is completed, each of the things described in Daniel 9:24 will be accomplished and everlasting righteousness will reign.

Correlating verses for Informational Purposes Only:

http://www.blueletterbible.org/study/tsk/tsk.cfm?b=Dan&c=9&v=27&t=KJV#as_1_Isa_42_6

Dan 9:27 — And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make [it] desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate. Phrase from KJV (Help)

Correlating Verses

confirm

Isa 42:6; Isa 53:11; Isa 55:3; Jer 31:31-34;
Jer 32:40-42; Eze 16:60-63; Mat 26:28; Rom 5:15,19; Rom 15:8,9; Gal 3:13-17; Hbr 6:13-18; Hbr 8:8-13; Hbr 9:15-20,28; Hbr 10:16-18; Hbr 13:20,21

the covenant or, a covenant
cause

Mat 27:51; Hbr 10:4-22

for the overspreading of abominations he shall mak or, upon the battlements shall be the idols of the desolator.

Dan 8:13; Dan 11:36; Dan 12:11; Isa 10:22,23; Isa 28:22; Mat 24:15; Mar 13:14; Luk 21:20,24; Rom 11:26

that determined

Lev 26:14-46; Deu 4:26-28; Deu 28:15-68; Deu 29:18-29; Deu 30:17,18; Deu 31:28,29; Deu 32:19-44; Psa 69:22-28; 1Th 2:15,16

upon the desolate

or, upon the desolator.

Great work Mr. Daniel Matson from 2002 until present and it's been a blessing watching with you.

God bless and take care,
ybic

I see what the author is saying, but I wonder if perhaps, because if the way the text is written we are looking at a possible double fulfillment here. In other words, where Christ stopped the sacrifices and was cut off in the middle of His wee, the antichrist will pick up with stopping the sacrifices and finish out the week. Does that make sense?

Email: amy@trackingbibleprophecy.org

Amy,

that would make sense if Christ's ministry was 3-1/2 years but the latest findings suggest that it was only 490 days and not 3.5 years. (ref. Michael Rood's Jonah Code)

However it could still have a dual fulfillment with a temple, etc. but then I am still wondering about the use of 'a' and 'the' in the text as relates to the covenant.

Dan Matson's reading makes perfect sense to me.

Daniel Matson, I like your catch, excellent observation.

I have read several times and I seem to agree with you that he in that passage refers to Yahshua Himself. Confirming the convenant then means He will plug Israel again back to the tree as He removes the church. What Adonai has promised to Israel will be fulfilled by confirmation done by Yahshua: plugging Israel back to the tree, replacing the stone heart with the flesh heart thus fulfilling the prophecy in Ezekiel. The convenant here then is the Avraham's covenant about the promised land which will be conformed again once the rapture already happened.

But I sense there will be a deception playing out there, that is the 7 years convenant by the AC with Israel which will put Israel under the judgment and only the remnant of Israel will be saved. And not only Israel but also the US and all other countries who tried to make the original covenant : Avraham's covenant of the promised land be void.

Anyway, I like your theory Daniel Matson, it is an excellent alternative theory to the existing ones.

May Yahshua takes us all home who believe in Him by His grace and mercy alone that we will live with Him forever.

Further note:

By Christ confirming the Covenant by essentially starting the 70th Week through the blessed hope, it does away with the whole Antichrist covenant theory. I always wondered why Jesus focussed on the middle of the week when the whole peace treaty would be an indicator of who the Antichrist is. Well if that doesn't really exist, then the Abomination of Desolation is without question the true test of who is the Antichrist.

Also this then allows for Gog and Magog at the beginning of the week with a more natural ascension by the Antichrist. Before I was trying to fit Magog in between the rapture and the AC treaty. Now with this understanding that the rapture kicks off the 70th week, the Middle East invasion will occur with God confirming also the Abrahamic Covenant when He saves them. But then the world changes and the AC conquers in the vacuum now left by the coastlands and Magog. This gives the needed time to form the ten kingdoms and then the subduing by AC.

Does this make better sense?

Hi Abide in Him,

I do not see any indication that the prince referred to in verse 26 is a prince other than the prince that has already been referred to and identified in the text as Messiah the Prince.

Besides that, I do not see any indication that the prince being referred to in verse 26 is evil.

So, why would the writer of Daniel change the identity of the prince (in the context of verses 24 to 26) to another prince, midstream, without properly identifying the other prince, if there were, in fact, another prince?

PRAISE GOD!!!!!!!!!!

THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH FOR THIS, DANIEL!!!!!!!!

You wrote:

"Further note:

By Christ confirming the Covenant by essentially starting the 70th Week through the blessed hope, it does away with the whole Antichrist covenant theory. I always wondered why Jesus focussed on the middle of the week when the whole peace treaty would be an indicator of who the Antichrist is. Well if that doesn't really exist, then the Abomination of Desolation is without question the true test of who is the Antichrist.

Also this then allows for Gog and Magog at the beginning of the week with a more natural ascension by the Antichrist. Before I was trying to fit Magog in between the rapture and the AC treaty. Now with this understanding that the rapture kicks off the 70th week, the Middle East invasion will occur with God confirming also the Abrahamic Covenant when He saves them. But then the world changes and the AC conquers in the vacuum now left by the coastlands and Magog. This gives the needed time to form the ten kingdoms and then the subduing by AC.

Does this make better sense?"

Yes it makes much better sense

Though since the important word "deception" is played a lot in the revelation, end time, then I would also include the possibility of "fake" covenant between the AC and Israel regarding the promised land, thus putting Israel under myopic peace. Those who don't study the word of Adonai will fall into trap that believing the covenant there is the 7 years covenant of the AC and paid attention to that while those who have wisdom looking the other way: reconfirmation of the Abraham's covenant of the promised land. Fake covenant will take away the promised land from Israel while Adonai instead doing the reconfirmation of Avraham's covenant stressing He will fulfill what He has promised. People who believe in Replacement Theology will point out to the "fake" covenant by the AC by saying that they are right about Israel not being anymore as the apples of Adonai's eyes BUT Adonai said exactly the opposite of what majority said, Adonai reconfirming His covenant with Avraham thus stating in a short while He will fulfill what He has said to Avraham thousand years ago. There will be two kinds of people, who believe the promised land and who don't believe the promised land. The true church who support the Avraham's covenant with Adonai regarding the promised land will not be here anymore, they have been removed from the scene by the rapture.
The war will erupt as the result of that frictions.

Rapture2010
Amy,

that would make sense if Christ's ministry was 3-1/2 years but the latest findings suggest that it was only 490 days and not 3.5 years. (ref. Michael Rood's Jonah Code)

However it could still have a dual fulfillment with a temple, etc. but then I am still wondering about the use of 'a' and 'the' in the text as relates to the covenant.

Dan Matson's reading makes perfect sense to me.

From my study on the Olivet Discourse:

Luke 13 contains the first parable of the fig tree:

Luke 13:5-9 "...unless you repent you will all likewise perish." He also spoke this parable: "A certain man had a fig tree planted in his vineyard, and he came seeking fruit on it and found none. Then he said to the keeper of his vineyard, 'Look, for three years I have come seeking fruit on this fig tree and find none. Cut it down; why does it use up the ground?' But he answered and said to him, 'Sir, let it alone this year also, until I dig around it and fertilize it. And if it bears fruit, well. But if not, after that you can cut it down.'"

Isaiah 5:7 For the vineyard of the LORD of hosts is the house of Israel, And the men of Judah are His pleasant plant.

In Isaiah 5:7 we see that the vineyard belongs to the Lord. The keeper in Luke 13:5-9 is Jesus, who was three years into His ministry at the time. Right before the parable in Luke 13:5, Jesus warned that unless Israel repented, the nation would perish. In the parable, God told Jesus to cut down the tree, which is Israel. Jesus asked to give the tree another chance until the next season before cutting it down. Jesus was to spend the next half year trying to bring fruit out of the nation of Israel before giving up on them. The cursing of the fig tree later in Matthew 21 shows us the verdict of the nation Israel. Though Israel as a nation would be destroyed, individual faith and salvation would still be available, as we see at the end of the following passage:

Matthew 21:18-22 Now in the morning, as He returned to the city, He was hungry. And seeing a fig tree by the road, He came to it and found nothing on it but leaves, and said to it, "Let no fruit grow on you ever again." Immediately the fig tree withered away. And when the disciples saw it, they marveled, saying, "How did the fig tree wither away so soon?" So Jesus answered and said to them, "Assuredly, I say to you, if you have faith and do not doubt, you will not only do what was done to the fig tree, but also if you say to this mountain, 'Be removed and be cast into the sea,' it will be done. And whatever things you ask in prayer, believing, you will receive."

http://www.trackingbibleprophecy.com/olivet3.php#fig

I believe Scripture shows that Christ ministry was 3 1/2 years. At the time of the first parable of the fig tree, Christ was 3 years into His ministry. Christ asked till the next season to try to produce fruit from the Nation of Israel. Figs trees produce fruit at least twice a year. So waiting until the next figs season would have been about a half a year.

Daniel Matson
Further note:

By Christ confirming the Covenant by essentially starting the 70th Week through the blessed hope, it does away with the whole Antichrist covenant theory.

Then why is it called a covenant of death in Isaiah if it is a covenant confirmed by Christ?

The antichrist, coming as a peacemaker, is the first Seal Judgment released by Jesus. Having a bow with no arrows, show that the antichrist will use diplomacy as his weapon at the beginning of the Tribulation, rather than war. This fits with the antichrist brokering the covenant with Israel.

Revelation 6:1-2 Now I saw when the Lamb opened one of the seals; and I heard one of the four living creatures saying with a voice like thunder, "Come and see." And I looked, and behold, a white horse. He who sat on it had a bow; and a crown was given to him, and he went out conquering and to conquer.

The only other place we read of this covenant is in Isaiah 28:

Isaiah 28:14 ...hear the word of the LORD, you scornful men, Who rule this people who are in Jerusalem, Because you have said, "We have made a covenant with death, And with Sheol we are in agreement. When the overflowing scourge passes through, It will not come to us, For we have made lies our refuge, And under falsehood we have hidden ourselves."

Isaiah 28:18 & 22 Your covenant with death will be annulled, And your agreement with Sheol will not stand; When the overflowing scourge passes through, Then you will be trampled down by it... Now therefore, do not be mockers, Lest your bonds be made strong; For I have heard from the Lord GOD of hosts, A destruction determined even upon the whole earth.

Isaiah chapters 26-29 are about God judging Israel and the "whole world" (Isaiah 28:22), which places these chapters in the Tribulation period. It appears that Israel makes the "covenant with death", because they mistakenly believe it will make them secure by becoming a refuge for them. The issue is that Israel is not seeking security in God, so it will lead to death. The confirmation of the covenant will mark the beginning of the Tribulation (Daniel 9:27).

http://www.trackingbibleprophecy.com/rapture2.php#covenant

It does make better sense to me. Thank you Daniel for your study and sharing your understanding.
I've been thinking about Peleg. The gematria number is 113. It wouldn't surprise me if there is some type of division on 11/3. Regina

Email: dbcoho@shaw.ca

watching
Hi Abide in Him,

I do not see any indication that the prince referred to in verse 26 is a prince other than the prince that has already been referred to and identified in the text as Messiah the Prince.

Besides that, I do not see any indication that the prince being referred to in verse 26 is evil.

So, why would the writer of Daniel change the identity of the prince (in the context of verses 24 to 26) to another prince, midstream, without properly identifying the other prince, if there were, in fact, another prince?

Daniel 9:26 “ And after the sixty-two weeks
Messiah shall be cut off, but not for Himself;
And the people of the prince who is to come
Shall destroy the city and the sanctuary.
The end of it shall be with a flood,
And till the end of the war desolations are determined.
27 Then he ("the prince who is to come") shall confirm a covenant with many for one week; But in the middle of the week
He ("the prince who is to come") shall bring an end to sacrifice and offering.
And on the wing of abominations shall be one who makes desolate, Even until the consummation, which is determined, Is poured out on the desolate.”

Matthew 24:15 15 “Therefore when you see the ‘abomination of desolation,’ spoken of by Daniel the prophet, standing in the holy place” (whoever reads, let him understand)

We see that "the prince who is to come" is the same person that will orchestrate the "abomination of desolation" in the middle of the Tribulation. The antichrist will clearly be confirming the "covenant with death", not Christ.

Daniel Matson
Further note:

By Christ confirming the Covenant by essentially starting the 70th Week through the blessed hope, it does away with the whole Antichrist covenant theory.

AmyVG
Then why is it called a covenant of death in Isaiah if it is a covenant confirmed by Christ?

..., Because you have said, "We have made a covenant with death, And with Sheol we are in agreement. When the overflowing scourge passes through, It will not come to us, For we have made lies our refuge, And under falsehood we have hidden ourselves."

Isaiah 28:18 & 22 Your covenant with death will be annulled, And your agreement with Sheol will not stand; When the overflowing scourge passes through, Then you will be trampled down by it... Now therefore, do not be mockers, Lest your bonds be made strong; For I have heard from the Lord GOD of hosts, A destruction determined even upon the whole earth.

Isaiah chapters 26-29 are about God judging Israel and the "whole world" (Isaiah 28:22), which places these chapters in the Tribulation period. It appears that Israel makes the "covenant with death", because they mistakenly believe it will make them secure by becoming a refuge for them. The issue is that Israel is not seeking security in God, so it will lead to death.

Amy,

I believe you are both right. there appears to be a dual fulfillment going on here.

The Abrahamic Covenant and another covenant of death.

AmyVG
I see what the author is saying, but I wonder if perhaps, because if the way the text is written we are looking at a possible double fulfillment here. In other words, where Christ stopped the sacrifices and was cut off in the middle of His wee, the antichrist will pick up with stopping the sacrifices and finish out the week. Does that make sense?

AmyVG

Daniel 9:27 Then he shall confirm a covenant with many for one week;
But in the middle of the week
He shall bring an end to sacrifice and offering.
And on the wing of abominations shall be one who makes desolate,
Even until the consummation, which is determined,
Is poured out on the desolate.”

This reads to me that the antichrist will confirm a covenant. The word "but" shows that the breaking of it is the "abomination of desolation". In other words, the covenant looks to have provisions for a Temple and sacrifices, for it to be broken by the defiling of the Temple.

Rapture2010
Daniel Matson
... it does away with the whole Antichrist covenant theory.

AmyVG

Amy,
I believe you are both right. there appears to be a dual fulfillment going on here.

The Abrahamic Covenant and another covenant of death.
[/quote]

I absolutely agree. What Daniel said about doing away with the Antichrist covenant theory is where I disagreed.

Maybe to be clearer, what I am saying is that the confirmation of the covenant for seven years is accomplished by Messiah. The AC covenant does not neccessarily have to be seven years.

Daniel Matson
Maybe to be clearer, what I am saying is that the confirmation of the covenant for seven years is accomplished by Messiah. The AC covenant does not neccessarily have to be seven years.

Now that makes perfect sense Dan.

Tom

Email: tparbar@gmail.com

Hi AmyVG,

According to the Jewish historian, Flavius Josephus in "The Wars of the Jews" Book 5 Chapter 6, the Jews were no less to blame for the destruction of the city and the temple than were the Romans.

Here is an excerpt:

1. NOW the warlike men that were in the city, and the multitude of the seditious that were with Simon, were ten thousand, besides the Idumeans. Those ten thousand had fifty commanders, over whom this Simon was supreme. The Idumeans that paid him homage were five thousand, and had eight commanders, among whom those of greatest fame were Jacob the son of Sosas, and Simon the son of Cathlas. Jotre, who had seized upon the temple, had six thousand armed men under twenty commanders; the zealots also that had come over to him, and left off their opposition, were two thousand four hundred, and had the same commander that they had formerly, Eleazar, together with Simon the son of Arinus. Now, while these factions fought one against another, the people were their prey on both sides, as we have said already; and that part of the people who would not join with them in their wicked practices were plundered by both factions. Simon held the upper city, and the great wall as far as Cedron, and as much of the old wall as bent from Siloam to the east, and which went down to the palace of Monobazus, who was king of the Adiabeni, beyond Euphrates; he also held that fountain, and the Acra, which was no other than the lower city; he also held all that reached to the palace of queen Helena, the mother of Monobazus. But John held the temple, and the parts thereto adjoining, for a great way, as also Ophla, and the valley called "the Valley of Cedron;" and when the parts that were interposed between their possessions were burnt by them, they left a space wherein they might fight with each other; for this internal sedition did not cease even when the Romans were encamped near their very wall. But although they had grown wiser at the first onset the Romans made upon them, this lasted but a while; for they returned to their former madness, and separated one from another, and fought it out, and did everything that the besiegers could desire them to do; for they never suffered any thing that was worse from the Romans than they made each other suffer; nor was there any misery endured by the city after these men's actions that could be esteemed new. But it was most of all unhappy before it was overthrown, while those that took it did it a greater kindness for I venture to affirm that the sedition destroyed the city, and the Romans destroyed the sedition, which it was a much harder thing to do than to destroy the walls; so that we may justly ascribe our misfortunes to our own people, and the just vengeance taken on them to the Romans; as to which matter let every one determine by the actions on both sides.

http://www.ccel.org/j/josephus/works/war-5.htm

Hi Amy,

I just wanted to add that I don't know if the covenant referred to in Isaiah 28 is a covenant made by the anti-Christ, or not; but even if that were to be the case, I would not see it as a fulfillment of the first part of Daniel 9:27.

Although, if it were to be the case, then I could definitely see the second part of Daniel 9:27 as possibly having something to do with it.

Thanks everyone for hashing this out. I'm on limited intervals with an iPhone. So please pardon me.

I held the AC "he" view until yesterday for many years. I expect a lot of wrinkles needing ironed, etc. It was a very sudden piece of writing, but the amount of time that may be left, it was important to submit it and see how it settles. Most importantly, to make sure some proper interpretation is not left hidden from Israel in the days ahead...

watching
Hi Amy,

I just wanted to add that I don't know if the covenant referred to in Isaiah 28 is a covenant made by the anti-Christ, or not; but even that were to be the case, I would not see it as a fulfillment of the first part of Daniel 9:27.

Although, if it were to be the case, then I could definitely see the second part of Daniel 9:27 as possibly having something to do with it.

Isaiah 28:14 ...hear the word of the LORD, you scornful men, Who rule this people who are in Jerusalem, Because you have said, "We have made a covenant with death, And with Sheol we are in agreement. When the overflowing scourge passes through, It will not come to us, For we have made lies our refuge, And under falsehood we have hidden ourselves."

This covenant will come when there is destruction on the WHOLE earth. This is the covenant of the antichrist.

AmyVG
watching
Hi Amy,

I just wanted to add that I don't know if the covenant referred to in Isaiah 28 is a covenant made by the anti-Christ, or not; but even that were to be the case, I would not see it as a fulfillment of the first part of Daniel 9:27.

This covenant will come when there is destruction on the WHOLE earth. This is the covenant of the antichrist.

This also would disqualify the covenant being made with Christ...Christ is NOT death. Also see how the covenant will not stand?

It would definitely disqualify the covenant with death in Isaiah 28 as being the covenant with Christ!

I have no disagreement with you there!

Okay so if the "He" in Daniel 9:27 is the Messiah stopping the daily sacrifices, then is the same "He" that sets up the abomination of desolation also the Messiah? It also states that the covenant is for one week of years...that he breaks it in the middle of the seven years. So I don't see how some can say that half of Daniel's 70th week is already fulfilled.

There are three divisions. The 7 weeks of years (49 years) to rebuild Jerusalem, the 62 weeks of years (434 years) for Messiah to come be presented and be cut off. Then the 70th week (7 years) 3.5 years of keeping the covenant and then 3.5 years of Antichrist's brutal reign until he is cast into the lake of fire. Revelation sees this as 1260 days for the two witnesses to give their testimony and then 42 months for Israel to flee into the wilderness and for Antichrist to crush all resistance against him.

Daniel 9:27(NIV)
"He will confirm a covenant with many for one 'seven.' In the middle of the 'seven' he will put an end to sacrifice and offering. And on a wing [of the temple] he will set up an abomination that causes desolation, until the end that is decreed is poured out on him."

Daniel 9:27(KJV)
And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make [it] desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

Daniel 9:27(NASB)
"And he will make a firm covenant with the many for one week, but in the middle of the week he will put a stop to sacrifice and grain offering; and on the wing of abominations will come one who makes desolate, even until a complete destruction, one that is decreed, is poured out on the one who makes desolate."

What about Daniel 11:31(NIV)
"Forces from HIM will arise, desecrate the sanctuary fortress, and do away with the regular sacrifice. And they will set up the abomination of desolation.

This is clearly the Antichrist's forces. For the Messiah would not "desecrate" the sanctuary or place an idol in the Holy of Holies.

what about Daniel 12:11(NIV)
“From the time that the daily sacrifice is abolished and the abomination that causes desolation is set up, there will be 1,290 days."

Once again we see the daily sacrifice being abolished linked with the abomination of desolation. The 1290 days has not occurred yet because Daniel was told that this vision pertained to the last days. It makes perfect sense to me that Daniel 9:27 which also links these two events would agree that it is the Antichrist who abolishes the daily sacrifices and who causes the abomination of desolation to be set up. For the Messiah will not be made desolate. Which is the fate of Antichrist.

We see In Daniel Chapter 8 the precursor to the Antichrist -- Antiochus Epiphanes who was a shadow of things to come. He also abolished the daily sacrifices and slaughtered a pig on the altar defiling it and then placed a statue of Zeus with his own face on it in the Holy of Holies. This led to the Maccabean revolt.

Daniel 8:9-11(NASB)
Out of one of them came forth a rather small horn which grew exceedingly great toward the south, toward the east, and toward the Beautiful Land.

It grew up to the host of heaven and caused some of the host and some of the stars to fall to the earth, and it trampled them down.

It even magnified itself to be equal with the Commander of the host; and it removed the regular sacrifice from Him, and the place of His sanctuary was thrown down.

Daniel & all,
Have you read some of the early church fathers such as Ireaneus, Tertillian, etc., who talk about a 3 and one half year Tribulation? Not 7 years. I'm sure you have. What is your take on that, guys? Maybe there is a dual fulfillment, like Amy said. A false covenant (Covenant of Death) and the true Abrahamic Covenant. One being 7 years, and one being 3 and one half??????

Email: dennettefarr@verizon.net

Hi Knight Michael,

Knight Michael
Okay so if the "He" in Daniel 9:27 is the Messiah stopping the daily sacrifices, then is the same "He" that sets up the abomination of desolation also the Messiah?

Of course not! (see NASB translation above)

Knight Michael
It also states that the covenant is for one week of years...that he breaks it in the middle of the seven years.

The text says nothing about "breaking" a covenant, only "confirming" a covenant. Also the word "for" is not in the Hebrew text. See interlinear translation:

http://www.scripture4all.org/OnlineInterlinear/OTpdf/dan9.pdf

Knight Michael
There are three divisions. The 7 weeks of years (49 years) to rebuild Jerusalem, the 62 weeks of years (434 years) for Messiah to come be presented and be cut off.

The text says "........and after 62 weeks shall Messiah be cut off.........."

If you add the first seven, then that would be after 69 weeks.

So, what comes after 69?

Daniel 9:26 (King James Version)

26And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined.

Knight Michael
Then the 70th week (7 years) 3.5 years of keeping the covenant and then 3.5 years of Antichrist's brutal reign until he is cast into the lake of fire.

The text says nothing about keeping a covenant for 3.5 years and then breaking it.

Knight Michael
Once again we see the daily sacrifice being abolished linked with the abomination of desolation. The 1290 days has not occurred yet because Daniel was told that this vision pertained to the last days. It makes perfect sense to me that Daniel 9:27 which also links these two events would agree that it is the Antichrist who abolishes the daily sacrifices and who causes the abomination of desolation to be set up.

As I pointed out in another thread, the sacrifice which is caused to cease in Daniel 9:27 is the zebach

http://www.blueletterbible.org/lang/lexicon/lexicon.cfm?Strongs=H2077&t=KJV

whereas the daily [sacrifice] referred to in Daniel 8, 11, and 12 is the tamiyd.

(brackets indicate that the word was not in the original text, but was added in by the translators)

http://www.blueletterbible.org/lang/lexicon/lexicon.cfm?Strongs=H8548&t=KJV

Dennette Farr
Daniel & all,
Have you read some of the early church fathers such as Ireaneus, Tertillian, etc., who talk about a 3 and one half year Tribulation? Not 7 years. I'm sure you have. What is your take on that, guys? Maybe there is a dual fulfillment, like Amy said. A false covenant (Covenant of Death) and the true Abrahamic Covenant. One being 7 years, and one being 3 and one half??????

Well, there are a few major flaws with that thinking:

1. How is the covenant broken in the midst of a "seven" if there is only a 3 1/2 year Tribulation period?

2. How is the "Mystery Babylon" religion going to rule before the 42 months that the antichrist is going to reign, without more to the Tribulation than 3 1/2 years.

3. The two witnesses ministry is 1260 days. While I believe that their ministry covers most of the 2nd half of the Trib as I explain here:

http://www.trackingbibleprophecy.com/revelation.php

You cannot fit their ministry exactly into the 2nd 3 1/2 years without their resurrection occuring AFTER Jesus returns. There has to be more to the Tribulation than 1260 days.

Hi AmyVG,

Where do you see it saying that the covenant is "broken" in the midst of a seven?

watching
Hi AmyVG,

Where do you see it saying that the covenant is "broken" in the midst of a seven?

Daniel 9:27 Then he shall confirm a covenant with many for one week;
But in the middle of the week
He shall bring an end to sacrifice and offering.

And on the wing of abominations shall be one who makes desolate,
Even until the consummation, which is determined,
Is poured out on the desolate.”

It states that "he" confirms, strengthens, makes a covenant for "one seven", one week of years. That covenant allows for the rebuilding of the temple and the resumption of daily sacrifices and offerings. In the midst of the "seven", one week of years, "he" abolishes the daily sacrifices and offerings. Sets up the abomination of desolation in the holy temple. SO yes this is breaking the covenant.

I do not believe that a peace treaty needs to be signed. I do believe that an existing agreement is to be confirmed, strengthened. That this agreement will allow for the temple to be rebuilt. The only way this can happen is for the opposition of Israel's immediate surrounding enemies to be removed via the Psalm 83/Isaiah 17 wars.

This would result in the annihilation of Israel's surrounding neighbors such as Jordan, Lebanon, Syria possibly parts of Egypt. This would enlarge Israel's territories and remove the cancer of a PA state living within Israel which would lead to the peaceful more wealthy Israel being set up for Ezekiel 38-39. That's how I see it anyways.

Knight Michael
It states that "he" confirms, strengthens, makes a covenant for "one seven", one week of years. That covenant allows for the rebuilding of the temple and the resumption of daily sacrifices and offerings. In the midst of the "seven", one week of years, "he" abolishes the daily sacrifices and offerings. Sets up the abomination of desolation in the holy temple. SO yes this is breaking the covenant.

I do not believe that a peace treaty needs to be signed. I do believe that an existing agreement is to be confirmed, strengthened. That this agreement will allow for the temple to be rebuilt. The only way this can happen is for the opposition of Israel's immediate surrounding enemies to be removed via the Psalm 83/Isaiah 17 wars.

This would result in the annihilation of Israel's surrounding neighbors such as Jordan, Lebanon, Syria possibly parts of Egypt. This would enlarge Israel's territories and remove the cancer of a PA state living within Israel which would lead to the peaceful more wealthy Israel being set up for Ezekiel 38-39. That's how I see it anyways.

I absolutely agree!

Hi AmyVG,

I looked at Isaiah 28 last night and I don't see why you didn't include in your quote, how this covenant with death would be disannulled.

Isaiah 28:15-22 (King James Version)

15Because ye have said, We have made a covenant with death, and with hell are we at agreement; when the overflowing scourge shall pass through, it shall not come unto us: for we have made lies our refuge, and under falsehood have we hid ourselves:

16Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD, Behold, I lay in Zion for a foundation a stone, a tried stone, a precious corner stone, a sure foundation: he that believeth shall not make haste.

17Judgment also will I lay to the line, and righteousness to the plummet: and the hail shall sweep away the refuge of lies, and the waters shall overflow the hiding place.

18And your covenant with death shall be disannulled, and your agreement with hell shall not stand; when the overflowing scourge shall pass through, then ye shall be trodden down by it.

19From the time that it goeth forth it shall take you: for morning by morning shall it pass over, by day and by night: and it shall be a vexation only to understand the report.

20For the bed is shorter than that a man can stretch himself on it: and the covering narrower than that he can wrap himself in it.

21For the LORD shall rise up as in mount Perazim, he shall be wroth as in the valley of Gibeon, that he may do his work, his strange work; and bring to pass his act, his strange act.

22Now therefore be ye not mockers, lest your bands be made strong: for I have heard from the Lord GOD of hosts a consumption, even determined upon the whole earth.

It doesn't sound to me as though this covenant of death described in Isaiah 28 will be disannulled by the ac stopping sacrifices.

Does it?

Hi Knight Michael,

But the sacrifice that is caused to cease in Daniel 9:27 is not a "daily" sacrifice.

Read Daniel 12:11 it says it IS the daily sacrifice. Daniel 11:31 says the same thing. Both are linked with the abomination of desolation so this is the same exact event. For temple worship to resume under Levitical Law it requires the daily sacrifice of animals in addition to the wine offerings and grain offerings. See Ezekiel 40:38-43 and 42:13-14 which talks about sacrificial worship into the Millennium. I can't see what other sacrifice it could be referring to. Maybe you could explain your take on what sacrifice Daniel is talking about.

Daniel 11:31
"His armed forces will rise up to desecrate the temple fortress and will abolish the daily sacrifice. Then they will set up the abomination that causes desolation.

Daniel 12:11
"From the time that the daily sacrifice is abolished and the abomination that causes desolation is set up, there will be 1,290 days.

The covenant of death is annulled by God. For the faithful remnant will recognize the abomination of desolation event and will flee to the mountains heading most likely to Petra in Jordan. Those who do not flee will be put to the sword by the Antichrist's forces for refusing to worship him and his image. Only a third of Israel will be saved. But they will be saved by God's divine protection. For the Antichrist will pursue the fleeing refugees with forces like a flood but God will cause the earth to open up and swallow them like he did with the rebellious Korah and his followers in the days of Moses.

Zechariah 13:7-9(NASB)
7 “Awake, O sword, against My Shepherd,
And against the man, My Associate,”
Declares the LORD of hosts.
“Strike the Shepherd that the sheep may be
scattered;
And I will turn My hand against the little ones.

8 “It will come about in all the land,”
Declares the LORD,
"That two parts in it will be cut off and perish;
But the third will be left in it.

9 “And I will bring the third part through the fire,
Refine them as silver is refined,
And test them as gold is tested.
They will call on My name,
And I will answer them;
I will say, ‘They are My people,’
And they will say, ‘The LORD is my God.’”

http://www.biblebb.com/files/mac/sg27-30.htm

Hi Michael,

I have read Daniel 8, 11, and 12 and they all speak of the ac putting a stop to a "daily" something (the word "sacrifice" is not in the original text but was added in by the translators).

However Daniel 9 does not speak of a "daily/continual" being stopped, or, more accurately, "caused to cease."

It speaks of a zebach being caused to cease.

A zebach is a:

1) sacrifice

a) sacrifices of righteousness

b) sacrifices of strife

c) sacrifices to dead things

d) the covenant sacrifice

e) the passover

f) annual sacrifice

g) thank offering

see definition here:

http://www.blueletterbible.org/lang/lexicon/lexicon.cfm?Strongs=H2077&t=KJV

Christ fulfilled the passover and caused the annual sacrifice of atonement to cease.

See Hebrews 9 and 10

Hebrews 9 (King James Version)

1Then verily the first covenant had also ordinances of divine service, and a worldly sanctuary.

2For there was a tabernacle made; the first, wherein was the candlestick, and the table, and the shewbread; which is called the sanctuary.

3And after the second veil, the tabernacle which is called the Holiest of all;

4Which had the golden censer, and the ark of the covenant overlaid round about with gold, wherein was the golden pot that had manna, and Aaron's rod that budded, and the tables of the covenant;

5And over it the cherubims of glory shadowing the mercyseat; of which we cannot now speak particularly.

6Now when these things were thus ordained, the priests went always into the first tabernacle, accomplishing the service of God.

7But into the second went the high priest alone once every year, not without blood, which he offered for himself, and for the errors of the people:

8The Holy Ghost this signifying, that the way into the holiest of all was not yet made manifest, while as the first tabernacle was yet standing:

9Which was a figure for the time then present, in which were offered both gifts and sacrifices, that could not make him that did the service perfect, as pertaining to the conscience;

10Which stood only in meats and drinks, and divers washings, and carnal ordinances, imposed on them until the time of reformation.

11But Christ being come an high priest of good things to come, by a greater and more perfect tabernacle, not made with hands, that is to say, not of this building;

12Neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by his own blood he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us.

13For if the blood of bulls and of goats, and the ashes of an heifer sprinkling the unclean, sanctifieth to the purifying of the flesh:

14How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?

15And for this cause he is the mediator of the new testament, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance.

16For where a testament is, there must also of necessity be the death of the testator.

17For a testament is of force after men are dead: otherwise it is of no strength at all while the testator liveth.

18Whereupon neither the first testament was dedicated without blood.

19For when Moses had spoken every precept to all the people according to the law, he took the blood of calves and of goats, with water, and scarlet wool, and hyssop, and sprinkled both the book, and all the people,

20Saying, This is the blood of the testament which God hath enjoined unto you.

21Moreover he sprinkled with blood both the tabernacle, and all the vessels of the ministry.

22And almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and without shedding of blood is no remission.

23It was therefore necessary that the patterns of things in the heavens should be purified with these; but the heavenly things themselves with better sacrifices than these.

24For Christ is not entered into the holy places made with hands, which are the figures of the true; but into heaven itself, now to appear in the presence of God for us:

25Nor yet that he should offer himself often, as the high priest entereth into the holy place every year with blood of others;

26For then must he often have suffered since the foundation of the world: but now once in the end of the world hath he appeared to put away sin by the sacrifice of himself.

27And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:

28So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation.

Hebrews 10 (King James Version)

1For the law having a shadow of good things to come, and not the very image of the things, can never with those sacrifices which they offered year by year continually make the comers thereunto perfect.

2For then would they not have ceased to be offered? because that the worshippers once purged should have had no more conscience of sins.

3But in those sacrifices there is a remembrance again made of sins every year.

4For it is not possible that the blood of bulls and of goats should take away sins.

5Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared me:

6In burnt offerings and sacrifices for sin thou hast had no pleasure.

7Then said I, Lo, I come (in the volume of the book it is written of me,) to do thy will, O God.

8Above when he said, Sacrifice and offering and burnt offerings and offering for sin thou wouldest not, neither hadst pleasure therein; which are offered by the law;

9Then said he, Lo, I come to do thy will, O God. He taketh away the first, that he may establish the second.

10By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

11And every priest standeth daily ministering and offering oftentimes the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins:

12But this man, after he had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down on the right hand of God;

13From henceforth expecting till his enemies be made his footstool.

14For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified.

15Whereof the Holy Ghost also is a witness to us: for after that he had said before,

16This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them;

17And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more.

18Now where remission of these is, there is no more offering for sin.

19Having therefore, brethren, boldness to enter into the holiest by the blood of Jesus,

20By a new and living way, which he hath consecrated for us, through the veil, that is to say, his flesh;

21And having an high priest over the house of God;

22Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water.

23Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised;)

24And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works:

25Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.

26For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,

27But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.

28He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses:

29Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?

30For we know him that hath said, Vengeance belongeth unto me, I will recompense, saith the Lord. And again, The Lord shall judge his people.

31It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

32But call to remembrance the former days, in which, after ye were illuminated, ye endured a great fight of afflictions;

33Partly, whilst ye were made a gazingstock both by reproaches and afflictions; and partly, whilst ye became companions of them that were so used.

34For ye had compassion of me in my bonds, and took joyfully the spoiling of your goods, knowing in yourselves that ye have in heaven a better and an enduring substance.

35Cast not away therefore your confidence, which hath great recompence of reward.

36For ye have need of patience, that, after ye have done the will of God, ye might receive the promise.

37For yet a little while, and he that shall come will come, and will not tarry.

38Now the just shall live by faith: but if any man draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him.

39But we are not of them who draw back unto perdition; but of them that believe to the saving of the soul.

Then why are their temple animal sacrifices into the Millennium?

I don't know anything about the sacrifices in the millenium.

Will they be Passover or Atonement sacrifices?

So I guess every single translation got it wrong then?

New International Version (©1984)
"From the time that the daily sacrifice is abolished and the abomination that causes desolation is set up, there will be 1,290 days.

New Living Translation (©2007)
"From the time the daily sacrifice is stopped and the sacrilegious object that causes desecration is set up to be worshiped, there will be 1,290 days.

English Standard Version (©2001)
And from the time that the regular burnt offering is taken away and the abomination that makes desolate is set up, there shall be 1,290 days.

New American Standard Bible (©1995)
"From the time that the regular sacrifice is abolished and the abomination of desolation is set up, there will be 1,290 days.

GOD'S WORD® Translation (©1995)
From the time the daily burnt offering is taken away and the disgusting thing that causes destruction is set up, there will be 1,290 days.

King James Bible
And from the time [that] the daily [sacrifice] shall be taken away, and the abomination that maketh desolate set up, [there shall be] a thousand two hundred and ninety days.

American King James Version
And from the time that the daily sacrifice shall be taken away, and the abomination that makes desolate set up, there shall be a thousand two hundred and ninety days.

American Standard Version
And from the time that the continual burnt-offering'shall be taken away, and the abomination that maketh desolate set up, there shall be a thousand and two hundred and ninety days.

Bible in Basic English
And from the time when the regular burned offering is taken away, and an unclean thing causing fear is put up, there will be a thousand, two hundred and ninety days.

Douay-Rheims Bible
And from the time when the continual sacrifice shall be taken away, and the abomination unto desolation shall be set up, there shall be a thousand two hundred ninety days.

Darby Bible Translation
And from the time that the continual sacrifice is taken away, and the abomination that maketh desolate set up, there shall be a thousand, two hundred, and ninety days.

English Revised Version
And from the time that the continual burnt offering shall be taken away, and the abomination that maketh desolate set up, there shall be a thousand two hundred and ninety days.

Webster's Bible Translation
And from the time that the daily sacrifice shall be taken away, and the abomination that maketh desolate set up, there shall be a thousand two hundred and ninety days.

World English Bible
From the time that the continual [burnt offering] shall be taken away, and the abomination that makes desolate set up, there shall be one thousand two hundred ninety days.

Young's Literal Translation
and from the time of the turning aside of the perpetual sacrifice, and to the giving out of the desolating abomination, are days a thousand, two hundred, and ninety.

Every translation has the word "sacrifice" either in brackets or in italics, because the word "sacrifice" is not in the text.

This is the KJV from blueletter bible:

Dan 8:11 Yea, he magnified [himself] even to the prince of the host, and by him the daily [sacrifice] was taken away, and the place of his sanctuary was cast down.

http://www.blueletterbible.org/Bible.cfm?b=Dan&c=8&v=1&t=KJV&sstr=0

Here is another example.

This is the Young's literal translation from bible gateway:

Daniel 12:11 (Young's Literal Translation)

11and from the time of the turning aside of the perpetual [sacrifice], and to the giving out of the desolating abomination, [are] days a thousand, two hundred, and ninety.

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Daniel%2012:11&version=YLT

Also here is the interlinear translation of Daniel 11 from scripture4all.

(scroll down to verse 31)

http://www.scripture4all.org/OnlineInterlinear/OTpdf/dan11.pdf

Do you see the word "sacrifice" in there?

Jews, appear to be ready to re-establish temple worship with the false belief their sacrifice will save them, as Scripture spoke of by our Lord.

Absolutely, this is not at all the way Christians believe.

The blindness of the Jew will be shaken at the appearance by the Only Sacrifice that saves!!! . .

It's coming, a direct fulfillment of prophecy so ripe to happen!

First the Jews as a nation need to be turned back to the worship of the One True God. Then to Jesus as their Messiah. Paul says that they have been blinded in part. Eventually they will have their eyes opened.

2 Corinthians 3:12-18(NIV)
Therefore, since we have such a hope, we are very bold.

We are not like Moses, who would put a veil over his face to keep the Israelites from gazing at it while the radiance was fading away.

But their minds were made dull, for to this day the same veil remains when the old covenant is read. It has not been removed, because only in Christ is it taken away.

Even to this day when Moses is read, a veil covers their hearts.

But whenever anyone turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away.

Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.

And we, who with unveiled faces all reflect the Lord’s glory, are being transformed into his likeness with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit.

Romans 11:25(NASB)
For I do not want you, brethren, to be uninformed of this mystery-- so that you will not be wise in your own estimation-- that a partial hardening has happened to Israel until the fullness of the Gentiles has come in;

Zechariah 12:10(NASB)
"I will pour out on the house of David and on the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the Spirit of grace and of supplication, so that they will look on Me whom they have pierced; and they will mourn for Him, as one mourns for an only son, and they will weep bitterly over Him like the bitter weeping over a firstborn.

Revelations 1:7(NASB)
BEHOLD, HE IS COMING WITH THE CLOUDS, and every eye will see Him, even those who pierced Him; and all the tribes of the earth will mourn over Him. So it is to be. Amen.

Knight Michael

Yes, I agree with the above comments completely.. This is exactly as I see it being played out throughout the Word..

I see the Islamic neighbors being wiped out first just before or during the rapture. Ps83:3 ".....and they hidden ones".. <- to me that is showing the Church is gone during this first part.

Then Eze.38 takes place sometime within the first 3.5 years of the 7 years.. Because it shows Israel being at peace, which has never been at peace since it became a nation in 1947-48..

We could possibly be in Heaven within a few short days...

Joseph

Perhaps the He shall confirm the covenant for one week is a dual fulfillment, the first being Christ confirming the marriage covenant with His bride and the second being that in turning back to Israel He is confirming His covenant with them.

Christ actually has 2 covenants that He has left to fulfill.

~Jill

Email: davenjilli@gmail.com

<>
Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com