Author
Comment
Elainey - In response - the 10 Virgins

Hi Elainey

You asked if anyone could respond to these specific scriptures:

Matthew 22:12 - The Parable of the Wedding Banquet
Matthew 25:1 - The Parable of the Ten Virgins
Matthew 24:40 - Two in the Field

Your question was - Don’t these scriptures show that some won’t be taken in the rapture? No, because none of those verses, when seen in context, are directed at the Church [the Bride of Christ].

Let’s take them one at a time.

Matthew 22:12 - The Parable of the Wedding Banquet

This is not about the wedding ceremony; it’s about the wedding feast. Traditionally, the Jewish wedding feast took place 7 days after the ceremony, because the Bridegroom and Bride were sealed away in their chambers until then. So, these folks are not the bride, they are the tribulation survivors [the guests]. Here is a link to Jack Kelley’s much more articulate explanation than mine.

Quote......First century Jewish wedding customs held that the father of the groom was in charge of the event and bore all the expense associated with the wedding and reception. In case of royalty or the very wealthy this often included providing a specially made garment to be worn over a guest’s regular clothing. This wedding garment was presented to the guest upon arrival and donned immediately. Wearing it wasn’t mandatory, but was considered a great insult to the Father of the groom if refused and could get a guest ejected from the festivities. In case of large gatherings it also served as identification to discourage uninvited guests from crashing the party.

http://gracethrufaith.com/selah/parables/the-parable-of-the-wedding-banquet/

Also, here is a great study on the parallels between the Church [the Bride] and the ancient Jewish wedding traditions which helps a lot to clarify the parables.

Quote......Following the seven days in the huppah or bridal chamber, the bride and bridegroom joined their guests for a joyous marriage feast.

http://www.opendoorministrieswv.org/ancientjewishwedding.html

Matthew 25:1 - The Parable of the Ten Virgins

Again, this is not for the Church. The Church is the Bride. These are the bridesmaids. The context of Matthew 25 is after the tribulation.

Quote......The first one is the Parable of 10 Virgins. It’s sometimes used to illustrate the precarious position of “backsliders” in the Church, but there are several problems with that view.

http://gracethrufaith.com/ikvot-hamashiach/seven-things-you-have-to-know-to-understand-end-times-prophecy-part-3/

Matthew 24:40 - Two in the Field

The context here was “as the days of Noe”. Verse 39 shows that those TAKEN are taken to destruction. The one left is the one who enters the Millennium Kingdom.

Quote.....Matthew 24 does not present the rapture, nor does it deal with God's program for the church. In the rapture the "taking" is a "taking away to heaven." But that's not the "taking" that is described in Matthew 24. Verse 39 states: "And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away." This "taking" was a "taking away" to their doom. It came upon the unbelievers of Noah's day and must not be equated with the rapture of believers of the Church Age.

http://www.swrc.com/ministry/faqs/tribulation/twotaken.html

Put this together with the verses that clearly tell us none of His will be lost and it all makes sense. We didn't save ourselves [we couldn't] - He did the work. Equally, we can't guarantee our salvation [we can't] - He DID! Hope this helps!

Blue

P.S. BTW, How do you make the links work?

Email: ljbutler2@yahoo.com

Re: Elainey - In response - the 10 Virgins

Thanks so much, TN Dove! I've fixed the original post to test myself. Uhmm...since you are being so helpful....can you tell me if there is a way to bold and/or italic the type?

Blue

Enjoying your links, blueteapot . .

especially noticing these words in this one:
http://www.opendoorministrieswv.org/ancientjewishwedding.html

. . "In John 15:16, Jesus said, “You did not choose Me, but I chose you and appointed you
that you should go and bear fruit and that your fruit should remain.”

In ancient Israel, brides were usually chosen by the father of the bridegroom. He would
send His most trusted servant to search for a bride for his son.

We have not seen Yeshua (Jesus), but God’s servant, the Holy Spirit, has revealed Him
to us: I Peter 1:8: "Whom having not seen you love. Though now you do not see Him, yet
believing, you rejoice with joy inexpressible and full of glory"

blueteapot
Thanks so much, TN Dove! I've fixed the original post to test myself. Uhmm...since you are being so helpful....can you tell me if there is a way to bold and/or italic the type?

Blue

Nice job fixing your links!

Well... bold is a tough one, because the entire site is already bold by default.

For italics, use [ i ][ /i ]

Italics

To change size, [ size=24 ][ /size ]

Size 24 (you can choose whatever point size you like

To change color, [ color=red ]Red Text[ /color ]

Red Text

Purple Text

(Most color names will work)

To underline, [ u ]underlined text[ /u ]

underlined text

Hope this helps. Shortcuts for these are available by clicking on the bb code link on the Enter Message: screen. (right above where you normally type in a reply message)

THANKS!

Just wondering the CHURCH being Raptured is excluding those churches which Christ would punished in Revelation chapter 1-3.

I believe that CHURCH is Bride(Leah) indeed...and those un-deserving members of the 7churches punished by Christ are only bridemaids...so God's Word about church could mean bride or bridesmaid(virgins)

Yes the Bride must be waiting for Christ like RITA people.
Those that feel that Jesus is not coming yet may not have eyes of the HolySpirit(Oil) with them.
Israel is the other Bride(Rachel)???

Hi Mike - I would respond with a few points:

You said...Just wondering the CHURCH being Raptured is excluding those churches..

This would depend on your definition of Church. If your definition of church is an assembly of exclusively believers - then no, none will be excluded. If your definition of church is simply an assembly, comprised of both believers and non-believers, then yes, some individuals [the non-believers] will not be raptured. Strong’s defines its use in the N.T. both ways.

It is interesting to note that in Revelation 1-3, Jesus specifically addresses the angel of the church - in other words, the leadership.

You said...Christ would punished in Revelation chapter 1-3....

I would caution against confusing punishment with discipline. A father disciplines a child, but the child is still a member of the family. I do not see anywhere in Rev. 2-3 where salvation is taken away.

You said...and those un-deserving members of the 7 churches punished by Christ are only bridesmaids...

The adjective Undeserving applies to all of us [see Romans 3:23] We cannot use that as a qualifier for who goes and who does not, since we all fail and are undeserving. A better word here would be unbelieving. If you are an unbeliever, you are certainly not part of the Bride. You may or may not become a bridesmaid during the time of Jacob’s trouble. However, no one who is now a believer is a bridesmaid. All current believers are a part of the Bride.

You said...Yes the Bride must be waiting for Christ like RITA people. Those that feel that Jesus is not coming yet may not have eyes of the Holy Spirit (Oil) with them....

We know that God’s Word does not contradict itself. All parts work together in a perfect seamless fit and will be fulfilled. Jesus was pointed about that [Matt 5:18]. Thus, we can use scripture to correctly interpret scripture [Timothy 3:16]. And therefore, we can look at John 3:14 and Acts 16:31, plus many others, and understand that believing - not watching or waiting - is the key to salvation. And if you are saved, you are sealed. If you are sealed, you go. I suspect more than a few believers are going to be err…caught with their britches down….but they are still going.

Thanks for wonderful correction and pointing out the better words or descriptions.

I guess unworthy instead of un_deserving is what i mean.

1Thessaloinans:2:12: "That ye would walk worthy of God, who hath called you unto his kingdom and glory."

Lots of confusion with many words like Church,Faith, Salvation etc since the world has their own definition and mis-uses these words. Only After Rapture could we understand clearly.

Thank you Blueteapot for this research..I'm going to look at it in more depth tomorrow.

I wrestle with the concept everyday. Pastor Sandy and Dr. O seem to concur with what I'm reading in scripture. At the same time, I was raised in a very "religeous" cult...worldwide church of god...and it is much more difficult to unlearn a thing than it is to learn it.

I'll pray as I read your research. I only want the TRUTH to be revealed to me.

Thank you again.

blueteapot
THANKS!

BRAVO!!!

I too:

Thanks

Elainey, you were raised in the World Wide Church of God?
So was I, my father is still in it.

You are soooo right, its seems almost impossible to unlearn things taught there, I'm never sure whats right or wrong and always worried I'm choosing the wrong.

Email: farrier_sam@yahoo.com

Things become clear when understanding God's dispensations in His Written Word re: how the LORD deals with man's history on earth.

Paul calls the Rapture a mystery belonging to the church.

So MUCH privilege is granted the church, she is royalty before Almighty God.

Can we even imagine the blessings for the true church we're learning. Grace, wonder-working Grace.

We as believers are a part of the Church-age and are under the 'mystery' doctrine, which, as Paul speaks in his epistles, makes clear the 'mystery' which was unknown to the O.T. saints. Wow, no wonder our God for a number of reasons including the mystery is spoken of only in the N.T.

I honestly believe Christ's church has nothing to do with the dispensation after the rapture when God deals with His Jewish people at that time.

The church is out of the way, lifted up, out of the dispensation meant for Israel's awakening during the Trib.

The church is not Israel, and we should not 'try' to be'. Our works won't save us.

The 'mystery' doctrine belongs to the church which obviously hasn't awakened God's chosen, Israel, yet . . The Lion of Judah will do that after The Risen LORD JESUS completes His Redemption of His beloved church . .

"Behold, I show you a mystery, we shall not all sleep" . . .

Paul's declaration of the Mystery instituted by the Holy Spirit clearly speaks of taking out Christ's church (not divided to endure the Trib) before God starts dealing with His chosen at that time.

Elainey
Thank you Blueteapot for this research..I'm going to look at it in more depth tomorrow.

I wrestle with the concept everyday. Pastor Sandy and Dr. O seem to concur with what I'm reading in scripture. At the same time, I was raised in a very "religeous" cult...worldwide church of god...and it is much more difficult to unlearn a thing than it is to learn it.

I'll pray as I read your research. I only want the TRUTH to be revealed to me.

Thank you again.

You are more than welcome, Elainey. When I was a young christian, I read about the "two in the field" and I remember I was afraid I would be left behind. I didn't understand then that being left behind, in this context, was the preferrable position!

The more I study and learn about God, the more awestruck I am at His perfect balance - wholly Just, wholly Love, wholly Powerful.

The false gods of this world [which are really all just masks of Satan] are capricious. One never knows where one is with them.

Chaos, confusion, capriciousness - these are not of God. The literal meaning of the word "Satan" is the Accuser or the Adversary.

Revelation 12:10 (King James Version)

10And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.

Yet, listen to God's response to the Adversary.

Romans 8:30-39 (New International Version, ©2010)

30 And those he predestined, he also called; those he called, he also justified; those he justified, he also glorified.

More Than Conquerors

31 What, then, shall we say in response to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us? 32 He who did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us all—how will he not also, along with him, graciously give us all things? 33 Who will bring any charge against those whom God has chosen? It is God who justifies. 34 Who then is the one who condemns? No one. Christ Jesus who died—more than that, who was raised to life—is at the right hand of God and is also interceding for us. 35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword? 36 As it is written:
“For your sake we face death all day long;
we are considered as sheep to be slaughtered.”[a]

37 No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. 38 For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, 39 neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

We know that Jesus is the author and perfecter of our faith. Think about that. It comes from Him, it's perfected by Him. No accusation from Lucifer is going to pervail against Him. That's why the old song goes "Blessed Assurance, Jesus is mine."

mike

Lots of confusion with many words like Church,Faith, Salvation etc since the world has their own definition and mis-uses these words. Only After Rapture could we understand clearly.

Mike

So true - the author of confusion has twisted the meaning of many words as a means of attack on the Body of Christ. My oldest biological brother has been caught up for many years in the cult-following of
A Course in Miracles and that Satan-spawned book has totally re-defined salvation, sin, etc. It has made it extremely difficult to witness to him, since he is convinced he is a very spiritual person and we are all God. [Sigh!]

Won't it be wonderful when we no longer have to "see through the glass darkly"!

Here is the link for my studies on Matthew 24-25 that cover these points:

http://www.trackingbibleprophecy.org/olivet.php

Email: amy@trackingbibleprophecy.org

pls take a look at my newly created website (draft version) for the 7churches of revelation.

When Grace Period Ends, I believe Church Age Ends.
The angels of the 7churches who did not repent(turn back) to Jesus could be left behind and be refered to as tribulational saints or brethren (Revelation6:11) or martys and no more as Body of Christ(Bride).

There are so many possible senarios of True Christian's actions/choice against the prompting of the HolySpirit that could lead them to be cast out. (Revelation 2:22), blot out (Revelation 3:5),spue out(Revelation 3:16) and Christians need (conditional) to overcome.

During Grace Period, Israelites was cast out because of unbelief and Gentiles were graffed in. Romans11:17.
Pls study the whole chapter to understand this Grace Period.

The problem I mentioned before is that the word "church" is understood very differently by different people. So we could only be clear after Rapture.

Apostle Thomas & Paul were Jews send to the Gentiles and there is always believing Jews throughout the Grace Period Right?
So there will also be believing Gentiles but very few in numbers during Tribulation Period.

Pls do not assume All Gentiles are Rapture only. There are also Jews being Raptured before tribulation. And otherwise during Jacob's trouble.

Email: mikettc2002@yahoo.com.sg

sorry...typo error in my web page.

updated...

http://www.simplesite.com/7churches

Email: mikettc2002@yahoo.com.sg

bump !

<>
Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com