Please join us on our new website @:

Welcome To Rapture In The Air
This Forum is Locked
1 2
Author
Comment
Re: Election: Jacob and Esau

Donna
. . ."For Christ sent me not to baptize, but to preach the gospel: not with wisdom of words, lest the cross of Christ should be made of none effect" 1 Cor. 1:17

. . . .uh oh . .

. . ."For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God UNTO SALVATION to EVERY one that BELIEVES;

,. . ."The Spirit you received does not make you slaves, so that you live in fear again; rather, the Spirit you received brought about your adoption to sonship.

And by him we cry, “Abba Father.” . . The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God’s children"
. . Romans 8:15.

"For THEREIN is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The JUST shall live by FAITH" . . Romans 1:16.

-I Cor 1:17. Context is very important. Paul did not say no one needs to be baptized, merely that he was not the one DOING the baptizing in most cases. The Corinthians were baptized...go to v14 and v16, Paul admits to having baptized Crispus and Gaius and the household of Stephanus himself. v 13 he actually makes the point that they were baptized in Jesus name not in Paul or Apollos, etc. The point he was making was that cliques were developing in this church and Jesus was the name who saves and not the others, for none of them died on the cross and they weren't baptized in the name of their favorite preacher, but in the name of Jesus. See Acts 18:8.

-Romans 1:16, yes the gospel is the power of God UNTO salvation. One must OBEY for it to have Affect. See Romans 6:3-6...they were water baptized.

-Romans 8:15-16, see above, having received the Spirit is one part of the New Birth. (They also had the water.) If the requirement for water baptism were not true, why did Peter COMMAND all those of the household of Cornelius to get water baptized after they had received the Spirit which you are saying means they are already ready for heaven and have fullfilled the requirements of the Gospel? See Acts 10:47-48

-Romand 1:16 Yes, the just shall live by faith. Faith leads to action and faith without works is dead. Those who do not OBEY the gospel cannot be saved. See Mark 16:16 and the previous info on the Romans who already had both water and Spirit baptism.

...uh oh....
Other examples maybe?

Sorry that was a bit snarky, and I am not trying to offend you, rather to help you see there is a bit more to it than what you already understand.

Email: jon_hackworth@yahoo.com

What you are saying then, Jon; is if someone does not get Baptized, even if they Asked for Forgiveness by Jesus, then dies, that person goes to Hell?

Leroy.

Email: joshua8661@yahoo.com

jon
Paul did not say no one needs to be baptized, merely that he was not the one DOING the baptizing in most cases.

A requirement he took lightly? Then Paul disobeyed.

Sorry all my dearest brothers & sisters...

I guess we need God to explain why He set the Law first then Grace?
Why not immediately send JESUS to DIE Once and for ALL in DAY1 of Adam's disobedience?

There is a time/season for every thing/purpose under heaven.

Ecclesiastes:3:1: "To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:"

I know that all of us are groaning within ourselves and so much that we are arguing about God's Ways.

Romans:8:22,23: "For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now.
And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body."

Why is the SUN created for burning?
Is God cruel to the SUN? Is God cruel to the stars?
SUN was not given a choice to burn right?

I guess God is creating a different kind of heaven...there will be no need of the SUN.

Revelation:21:23: "And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof."

I am not saying there will be no sun.
Jesus will be the Light for the City of God.

I believe there will be a different source of Light other than the SUN.

IT IS THE LAKE OF FIRE!

Why there is a lake of Fire?
Lake of fire is prepared for those to be burnt forever where their worms dieth not and the fire is not quenched.
This will be the eternal FUEL created by God for those who never cared for ETERNITY!

Mark:9:44: "Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched."

I believe the 2nd Death (different resurrection of the dead) for those dead that shall come back to life and will never die but shall be tormented forever and ever in the lake of fire.

So God is fair to burn those who chose eternal Fire, right?

The Fire is for light/energy to burn those who rejected God by free will. I can say by free will...even me...will choose to reject God.
So it becomes the Mercy/Grace/Love that God has to choose us instead.

God SAVED some of us...not that we are good/sufficient enough...it is by Grace we are saved through faith. Pre-destinated by the fore knowledge of God.

2Corinthians:3:5: "Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think any thing as of ourselves; but our sufficiency is of God;"

That is why...Jesus said:-

John:6:37: "All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out."

It is God the Father who CHOSE us (none righteous) and GAVE us to JESUS. And we who come to JESUS will never be cast out.

Lord thank you for thou hast chosen us who are the foolish/base/weak/despised things of this world unto Thine Glory Forever and Ever!

1Corinthians:1:27-29: "But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty; and base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are: That no flesh should glory in his presence."

Email: mikettc2002@yahoo.com.sg

Donna
jon
Paul did not say no one needs to be baptized, merely that he was not the one DOING the baptizing in most cases.

A requirement he took lightly? Then Paul disobeyed.

Donna,

Thank you for not backing down on osas. There is one truth and those that do not believe the true gospel of GRACE are lost. If you believe that you must be water baptized to be saved means you believe in a works gospel. You can talk as softly and gently as you want but you are still lost and going straight to hell, period. Donna, your example of your sister-in-law broke my heart and I can assure you that she is with Jesus. On the other hand, people like Jon should be shaking in their boots.

Oh my dear Lord! Father forgive him so because He does not know the strife he is causing! Jon, you're taking God's words and modifying them to what you believe and think is truth but not God! This is so terrible!! You don't know what you're doing but you're speaking as the pharisees did. Get out of this right now friend because you're leading yourself to hell by thinking that you're right against the words of God! I pray you wake up and see the errors of your ways before it's too late..I am deeply grieved by what I am reading at Rita lately..These folks seem to think they know the truth when they're being led astray by man's mixed up doctrines of false lies and not the truth of Gods'words which is the only truth not mans or man's made up assumptions what God says, God said He would send them delusions in that they would believe in deceptions in the last days and He sure is..Father God!

I don't say this to hurt you Jon but I wish to save you from what you're doing! Please please pray for yourself that God takes the shutters off your eyes and the illusions of deceptions from your mind, before it's too late. May God show you the truth and the way! Because you're going against the truth of Gods words and He does not forgive those whom do this and don't pray and change their ways in any way.

Dearest and wonderful Donna! My dear sister in Christ, I know your sweet and beautiful sister in law is in heaven, I know she is without a doubt, so help me God this I know!!! And I won't back down either. God saved the thief on the cross at the last moment, God has saved many at the last moment even though they were not baptized by water, there are those that are baptized by water h20 but not saved..You must be baptized by the Holy Spirit of God to be saved! God is love, compassion, forgiveness and pure mercy for all that receive Him!!! And babies and children there are many not baptized by water though He will not let one of these little ones suffer you can read it in His word!

If you think for one moment our loving God would throw a baby or child into the lake of fire because they're not baptized by water then how evil you paint God to be!!!! Oh dear Lord!!! What you're believing is the lies of Satan!!! I won't say anymore on this.

Thanks sds . .

Dear Diana I really appreciate the Holy Spirit's words that stirred you to share the Truth yesterday . . thank you, sis

1 2
<>
Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com