Return to Website

Welcome!

Please join us on our new website @:

Welcome To Rapture In The Air
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Is the chaos in Egypt prophetic?

Because I have had several people ask me what I thought about the current situation in the Middle East, and in particular Egypt, I thought I would add a summary of my thoughts here for those that are interested:

http://www.trackingbibleprophecy.com/speculation.php#Egypt

Re: Is the chaos in Egypt prophetic?

Dear Amy,

Book of Daniel shows 4 Empires...

1st was Babylonian 'Iraq'...Golden HEAD

2nd was Persian'Iran'-Mede'Iraq'...Silver BREAST/ARMS

3rd was Greek 'Greece'...Brass BELLY&THIGHS
which broke into 4 winds of heaven...
note the ROMAN Empire was from 'SOUTH'

4th was Roman 'Italy'...Iron LEGS, Iron&Clay FEET
which later became 2 parts or 2legs
which later show 10 toes

Regarding the 2 kings of the North/South...I believe they are references to the 2 legs or feet of the Revived Roman Empire.

The Western(SOUTH) consists of the ancient'Holy Roman Empire' (UK,UN,EU,USA, Arab, India, Africa, Babylon-Iraq?)

The Eastern (NORTH) consists of the ancient 'Ottomon/Bzantine/Muslim Empire' (USSR-Russia, Turkey, Greece, Jordan, Syria, Persia-Iran?)

EU was formed which is the King of South?
Or is King of Babylon going to be King of South? Or BOTH?

Pls download Revived Roman Empire(10toes) Document from my website...because it could not be converted into google docs properly.

Email: mikettc2002@yahoo.com.sg

This is a great synopsis of the prophetic significance of Egypt in end time scripture. I think there is much to see here. We are watching the scripture unveil events right before our eyes. Wow! what a time to be alive... keep watching!

Email: weaman@mac.com

I Will Set Egyptians Against Egyptians"
By Bill Salus

These are the days when the Bible is its own best commentary. Imagine Isaiah the prophet standing on the streets of Cairo today speaking in front of a mainstream news camera declaring:

The burden against Egypt. Behold, the LORD rides on a swift cloud, And will come into Egypt; The idols of Egypt will totter at His presence, And the heart of Egypt will melt in its midst. “I will set Egyptians against Egyptians; Everyone will fight against his brother, And everyone against his neighbor, City against city, kingdom against kingdom. The spirit of Egypt will fail in its midst; I will destroy their counsel, And they will consult the idols and the charmers, The mediums and the sorcerers. And the Egyptians I will give Into the hand of a cruel master, And a fierce king will rule over them,” Says the Lord, the LORD of hosts. (Isaiah 19:1-4, nkjv)

Like a swift moving cloud, Isaiah predicts the rapid deterioration of events in Egypt. Civil unrest causes Egyptians to fight against each other. This fighting spreads from household to household and grows into a kingdom war. Probably quoting Isaiah 19:2, Christ warned kingdoms would rise against each other in Matthew 24:7. Unlike nation coming against nation, which alludes to world wars, “kingdom against kingdom” refers to regional conflicts. Christ taught these prophecies would come upon the world like birth pains. Like a woman about to deliver her newborn, these events are foretold to come with increased frequency and intensity each building upon the other.

Rumors of regional kingdom wars presently abound in the Middle East. Egypt and Saudi Arabia reportedly conducted joint military exercises in 2010 preparing for a possible confrontation with Iran. Iran represents the Persian kingdom and Egypt and Saudi Arabia the Arab kingdom. Additionally, the apocalyptically minded president Ahmadinejad of Iran has threatened on several occasions to wipe Israel, representing the Jewish kingdom, off of the map.

Psalm 83 predicts the Arab kingdom will someday rise against the Jewish kingdom to banish the name of Israel forever. Both Egypt and Saudi Arabia along with eight other Arab populations join the Arab kingdom in this pending prophetic war.

Isaiah’s prognosis for Egypt worsens as you read the rest of his chapter nineteen. Isaiah 19:5-12 tells us unprecedented religious and economic strife plagues the nation according to the purposes of the Lord. Apparently, this disastrous condition befalls Egypt because of its future involvement in Psalm 83 since we read in Isaiah 19:16-18 that Israel will take over five cities in Egypt and cause Hebrew to be the spoken language inside their city limits. One of these cities will be called “the City of Destruction,” implying the I.D.F. destroys this city.

In that day Egypt will be like women, and will be afraid and fear because of the waving of the hand of the LORD of hosts, which He waves over it. And the land of Judah will be a terror to Egypt; everyone who makes mention of it will be afraid in himself, because of the counsel of the LORD of hosts which He has determined against it. In that day five cities in the land of Egypt will speak the language of Canaan and swear by the LORD of hosts; one will be called the City of Destruction. (Isaiah 19:16-18, nkjv)

Will the civil strife developing in Egypt cause the overthrow of President Hosni Mubarak, who supposedly has cancer and turns 83 on May 4, 2011? Many expected his son Gamal Mubarak to be his replacement; however, Gamal and his family have reportedly fled to the U.K. for safety. If the Mubarak government is overthrown will the Muslim Brotherhood fill his office with one of its own fulfilling Isaiah 19:4? The Muslim Brotherhood, presently banned in Egypt, hates Israel and supports Jihad against the Jewish State. Hamas, also participating against Israel in Psalm 83, is their political arm inside of the Gaza. Hamas, like the Muslim Brotherhood, calls for the destruction of Israel.

Will the present protests inside Egypt metastasize into the fulfillment of Isaiah 19? If so will the coming cruel leader be the one who leads Egypt into the Psalm 83:6-8 confederacy? All of this is unknown but entirely possible. One thing is for certain; the Middle East appears to be on the verge of going apocalyptic.

January 2011 has seen the governments of Lebanon, Tunisia, and Egypt become severely challenged. The government of Jordan is expected to be next. Lebanon, Egypt, and Jordan are involved in Psalm 83 and Tunisia appears to take part in the Ezekiel 38 & 39 prophecy. It appears high time Christians familiarize themselves with the prophecies of Isaiah 19, Isaiah 17, Jeremiah 49, Psalm 83, and Ezekiel 38 & 39. These are a few of the world changing prophecies stage setting on the prophetic horizon.
Posted by AUTHOR / LECTURER at 8:30 AM

Isaiah 19:2 (Amplified Bible)
2And I will stir up Egyptians against Egyptians, and they will fight, every one against his brother and every one against his neighbor, city against city, kingdom against kingdom

Isaiah 19:2 (King James Version)
2And I will set the Egyptians against the Egyptians: and they shall fight every one against his brother, and every one against his neighbour; city against city, and kingdom against kingdom.

Isaiah 19
1THE MOURNFUL, inspired prediction (a burden to be lifted up) concerning Egypt: Behold, the Lord is riding on a swift cloud and comes to Egypt; and the idols of Egypt will tremble at His presence, and the hearts of the Egyptians will melt within them.
2And I will stir up Egyptians against Egyptians, and they will fight, every one against his brother and every one against his neighbor, city against city, kingdom against kingdom.
3And the spirit of the Egyptians within them will become exhausted and emptied out and will fail, and I will destroy their counsel and confound their plans; and they will seek counsel from the idols and the sorcerers, and from those having familiar spirits (the mediums) and the wizards.
4And I will give over the Egyptians into the hand of a hard and cruel master, and a fierce king will rule over them, says the Lord, the Lord of hosts.
5And the waters shall fail from the Nile, and the river shall be wasted and become dry.
6And the rivers shall become foul, the streams and canals of Egypt shall be diminished and dried up, the reeds and the rushes shall wither and rot away.
7The meadows by the Nile, by the brink of the Nile, and all the sown fields of the Nile shall become dry, be blown away, and be no more.
8The fishermen will lament, and all who cast a hook into the Nile will mourn; and they who spread nets upon the waters will languish.
9Moreover, they who work with combed flax and they who weave white [cotton] cloth will be confounded and in despair.
10[Those who are] the pillars and foundations of Egypt will be crushed, and all those who work for hire or who build dams will be grieved.
11The princes of Zoan [ancient capital of the Pharaohs] are utterly foolish; the counsel of the wisest counselors of Pharaoh has become witless (stupid). How can you say to Pharaoh, I am a son of the wise, a son of ancient kings?
12Where then are your wise men? Let them tell you now [if they are so wise], and let them make known what the Lord of hosts has purposed against Egypt [if they can].
13The princes of Zoan have become fools, and the princes of Memphis are confused and deceived; those who are the cornerstones of her tribes have led Egypt astray.
14The Lord has mingled a spirit of perverseness, error, and confusion within her; [her leaders] have caused Egypt to stagger in all her doings, as a drunken man staggers in his vomit.
15Neither can any work [done singly or by concerted action] accomplish anything for Egypt, whether by head or tail, palm branch or rush [high or low]. 16In that day will the Egyptians be like women [timid and helpless]; and they will tremble and fear because of the shaking of the hand of the Lord of hosts which He shakes over them.
17And the land of Judah [allied to Assyria] shall become a terror to the Egyptians; everyone to whom mention of it is made will be afraid and everyone who mentions it--to him will they turn in fear, because of the purpose of the Lord of hosts which He purposes against Egypt.
18In that day there will be five cities in the land of Egypt that speak the language of [the Hebrews of] Canaan and swear allegiance to the Lord of hosts. One of them will be called the City of the Sun or Destruction.
19In that day there will be an altar to the Lord in the midst of the land of Egypt, and a pillar to the Lord at its border.
20And it will be a sign and a witness to the Lord of hosts in the land of Egypt; for they will cry to the Lord because of oppressors, and He will send them a savior, even a mighty one, and he will deliver them.(A)
21And the Lord will make Himself known to Egypt, and the Egyptians will know (have knowledge of, be acquainted with, give heed to, and cherish) the Lord in that day and will worship with sacrifices of animal and vegetable offerings; they will vow a vow to the Lord and perform it.
22And the Lord shall smite Egypt, smiting and healing it; and they will return to the Lord, and He will listen to their entreaties and heal them.
23In that day shall there be a highway out of Egypt to Assyria, and the Assyrian will come into Egypt and the Egyptian into Assyria; and the Egyptians will worship [the Lord] with the Assyrians.
24In that day Israel shall be the third, with Egypt and with Assyria [in a Messianic league], a blessing in the midst of the earth,
25Whom the Lord of hosts has blessed, saying, Blessed be Egypt My people and Assyria the work of My hands and Israel My heritage.

Me: Israel is surrounded by islamic, shariah believing, persons wanting, waiting, promoting the destruction of israel, BUT GOD

Israel silently watches the unfolding of two new fronts

DEBKAfile Exclusive Analysis January 29, 2011, 11:56 PM

Egypt, one of the only two Arab states to sign peace with Israel, is wobbling dangerously on the brink of revolutionary change with potentially spreading fallout. This week, Israel was dismayed to find itself looking suddenly at three latently hostile fronts about to spring up around its borders: Lebanon, which has dropped into the Iranian orbit, followed by Egypt, which is heading for terra incognita, and the Gaza Strip, where the Palestinian Hamas, offshoot of the Egyptian Muslim Brotherhood, has gained altitude as a Middle East player from the rise of its less radical parent.

Indeed Gaza's rulers, who are close to Iran, are puffing themselves up as a bridge between the Shiite Revolution of Iran and the Sunni-led revolution of Egypt.

In the five days of the Egyptian upheaval from Tuesday, Jan. 25, none of the Israeli Middle East experts and pundits interviewed in one broadcast after another pointed to the three most pertinent common factors of the regime changes overtaking Tunisia, Lebanon and Egypt – all in the space of days.

1. Not a single protester or slogan-bearer summoned up the Israeli-Palestinian dispute as a factor in the most revolutionary transformations to overtake the region's countries in half a century. The Palestinians issue was totally absent from street demonstrations and Iran's takeover of Lebanon - giving the lie to the decades-long claim by Western decision- and opinion-makers that the Israel-Palestinian conflict was the root-cause of instability in the Arab and Muslim worlds and if it were not settled, those worlds would turn against the West. The Palestinians were plainly far from the minds of this week's Arab demonstrators.

2. The force most energized by the popular uprising in Egypt week turns out to be the extremist Hamas, the Palestinian branch of the Muslim Brotherhood - not only in Gaza and the West Bank, but also in Jordan. Its enhanced potency makes it a menace for Mahmoud Abbas, leader of the rival Fatah, and the Hashemite throne in Amman.

Flexing his new muscles, Hammam Saeed, head of the Muslim Brotherhood of Jordan and a close ally of the Hamas's Damascus-based leader, Khaled Meshaal, said this in Amman Saturday, Jan. 29: "Egypt's unrest will spread across the Mideast and Arabs will topple leaders allied with the United States."

debkafile's Middle East experts predict that however the Egyptian uprising turns out, and in whichever direction it is pushed and pulled by the United States, it will end in a new parliamentary election and a new civilian government in which the Muslim Brotherhood will be substantially represented.

This government will not abrogate the 1979 peace treaty binding Israel and Egypt for 33 years – no Cairo administration will risk losing the substantial aid package from America – but its format will change. The intimacy of day-to-day cooperation on common security and other matters may well be disappear and Israeli political, military and intelligence figures will not longer be welcome in Cairo for consultations on common concerns as they are today.

The Palestinian leader Abbas may also find the welcome mat withdrawn, unless he is willing to succumb to Hamas and cede control of the West Bank to the Palestinian extremists.

Both set s of visitors will be replaced by Hamas leaders from Damascus, Beirut and the Gaza Strip beating a path to the Egyptian capital.

3. Over the weekend, more than one high Iranian official was patting himself on the back over the way the Egyptian upheaval was turning out – especially the Al Qods Brigades commander, Qhassem Soleimani, whom debkafile's exclusive sources disclose has just been promoted to Major General, the second highest rank in Iran's armed forces.

For 15 years as Al Qods chief, he has overseen all of Iran's clandestine, sabotage and subversive operations in neighboring Afghanistan and Iraq, managed Hizballah's terrorist and spy cells active in West and East Africa, built up Hizballah as the leading military force on home ground in Lebanon, and developed the military prowess of the Palestinian Hamas and Jihad Islami in the Gaza Strip.

Soleimani feels triumphantly vindicated in his decision to build up Hamas as Hizballah No. 2 and furnish the Palestinian extremists in the Gaza Strip with the missiles and weapons systems required to make them a formidable military force.

The Al Qods Brigades chief now takes credit for Hamas's readiness for the enhanced role it has gained from the popular uprising in Egypt.

But Israel's strategic planners should be kicking themselves for failing to curb Iran's military expansion into Lebanon and the Gaza Strip before it developed. The consequence of their inaction is two new long potentially hostile borders to Israel's south.

I have been typing as fast as I can for several days the news of what is going on in the mid east, I haven't had time to bring it here, but you are all welcome to come read the news anytime. website below

Amy,

Very nice foundation for a discussion of Egypt.

Here are a few thoughts prompted by your info:

The king of the north(in this context) may well be Turkey; they are more stable than other ME regimes. A power vacuum created by instability might invite them to take control in order to further their own desires, under the cloak of "stabilizing the region." They are now a fully Muslim government. This might be a very popular action after the "Damascus war".

If some of the seals in Revelation are now opened, this could be the fourth seal. Muslim nations comprise about 1/4 of the earth's population. The ME nations are seeing food shortages/riots and death, with pestilence and regional war, involving weapons of mass destruction likely to follow.

At about 10%, the christian population in Egypt is higher than other Arab nations, I believe. Lebanon has a higher christian population, but not sure they really qualify as Arab, and, the coming "Damascus war" will change that soon.

Please forgive me, because I haven't had much time today, but I want to note that these are just my initial thoughts and so I thank you for the comments as I work through this for a future study.

GM, my map on my speculation page is meant to cover the time after the Psalm 83 War to show how the land might be divided out as a result of that war. Turkey will be part of the Gog and Magog War. I would not be suprised to see Turkey be absorbed into the northern kingdom after the Gog and Magog War. Likewise, I would not be surpised to see Libya, Tunisia, Sudan and Ethopia all be absorbed into the southern kingdom after the Gog and Magog War.

Mike, I will have to take a look at what you are presenting later. Yes, there were 4 kingdoms in Daniel that were split from one, but that was fulfilled back at the time of Alexandar. Will there be a dual fulfillment? Perhaps. But the idea for the 3 larger kingdoms in the Middle East comes from the end of Daniel 11 during the conquest of the antichrist....him being the "king of the north" that overtakes Israel (the glorious land) and the "king of the south".

Karen, this is the one area I disagree with Bill Salus on. Egypt is not the Hagrites. Every source I could find on the Hagrites shows that they were a nomadic people that lived between Egypt and Israel, but then migrated eastward. I find it an enormous stretch to say that the Hagrites represent Egypt, even though the Hagrites were originally half Egyptian, because Egypt is a hugely prominent country in the Bible. I don't believe God would obscure their identity in the relatively unknown people of the Hagrites.

Amy, I tried to see the verses being interpreted in (brackets)...Please see in another possible angle ok?

Daniel:11:
15: "So the king of the north(Russia or Muslim Brotherhood) shall come, and cast up a mount, and take the most fenced cities: and the (Nuclear)arms of the south(USA) shall not withstand(BE USED), neither his chosen people, neither shall there be any strength to withstand.(USA shall not STAND against Russia)"

16: "But he(Russia) that cometh against him shall do according to his own will, and none shall stand before him: and he(Russia) shall stand in the glorious land(Israel invaded by Gog/Magog), which by his hand shall be consumed.(2/3 of Israel destroyed)"

17: "He(Russia or Muslim Brotherhood) shall also set his face to enter with the strength of his whole kingdom(although 5/6 almost whole), and upright ones with him; thus shall he do: and he shall give him(Russians) the daughter of women(Israelite women ravished), corrupting her: but she shall not stand on his side, neither be for him."

18: "After this shall he(Russia) turn his face unto the isles, and shall take many: but a prince(Prime Minister Putin?) for his own behalf shall cause the reproach offered by him to cease; without his own reproach he shall cause it to turn upon him."

19: "Then he(Russia) shall turn his face toward the fort of his own land(Russia): but he shall stumble and fall, and not be found.(Russia destroyed)"

20: "Then shall stand up in his estate a raiser of taxes in the glory of the kingdom: but within few days he shall be destroyed, neither in anger, nor in battle."

21: "And in his estate(Russia) shall stand up a vile person(AntiChrist=AC), to whom they shall not give the honour of the kingdom(Russia or Muslim Empire): but he(Antichrist) shall come in peaceably, and obtain the (Muslim) kingdom by flatteries."

22: "And with the (Nuclear)arms of a flood shall they be overflown from before him(Antichrist), and shall be broken; yea, also the prince(Hassan?) of the covenant."

23: "And after the league made with him he(Antichrist=AC) shall work deceitfully: for he shall come up, and shall become strong with a small people.(Jordanians)"

24: "He(AC) shall enter peaceably even upon the fattest places of the province(Russia or Israel?); and he(AC) shall do that which his fathers have not done, nor his fathers' fathers; he shall scatter among them the prey, and spoil, and riches: yea, and he(AC) shall forecast his devices against the strong holds, even for a time."

25: "And he(AC) shall stir up his power and his courage against the king of the south(US/EU or Pope) with a great army; and the king of the south(US/EU or Pope) shall be stirred up to battle with a very great and mighty army; but he(?) shall not stand: for they shall forecast devices against him(?)."

26: "Yea, they that feed of the portion of his(?) meat shall destroy him(?), and his(AC) army shall overflow: and many shall fall down slain."

27: "And both these kings' hearts shall be to do mischief, and they shall speak lies at one table; but it shall not prosper: for yet the end shall be at the time appointed."

28: "Then shall he(AC) return into his land(Babylon) with great riches; and his heart shall be against the holy covenant; and he(AC) shall do exploits, and return to his own land."

29: "At the time appointed he(AC) shall return, and come toward the south; but it shall not be as the former, or as the latter."

30: "For the ships of Chittim(China?) shall come against him(AC): therefore he(AC) shall be grieved, and return, and have indignation against the holy covenant: so shall he(AC) do; he(AC) shall even return, and have intelligence with them that forsake the holy covenant."

31: "And (Nuclear)arms shall stand on his(AC) part, and they shall pollute the sanctuary(3rd Temple) of strength, and shall take away the daily sacrifice, and they shall place the abomination that maketh desolate.(AC sits in Temple)"

32: "And such as do wickedly against the covenant shall he(AC) corrupt by flatteries: but the people that do know their God shall be strong, and do exploits."

33: "And they that understand among the people shall instruct many: yet they shall fall by the sword, and by flame, by captivity, and by spoil, many days."

34: "Now when they shall fall, they shall be holpen with a little help: but many shall cleave to them with flatteries."

35: "And some of them of understanding shall fall, to try them, and to purge, and to make them white, even to the time of the end: because it is yet for a time appointed."

36: "And the king(AC) shall do according to his will; and he(AC) shall exalt himself, and magnify himself above every god, and shall speak marvellous things against the God of gods, and shall prosper till the indignation be accomplished: for that that is determined shall be done."

37: "Neither shall he(AC) regard the God of his fathers, nor the desire of women, nor regard any god: for he(AC) shall magnify himself above all."

38: "But in his(AC) estate shall he(AC) honour the God of forces: and a god whom his fathers knew not shall he(AC) honour with gold, and silver, and with precious stones, and pleasant things."

39: "Thus shall he(AC) do in the most strong holds with a strange god, whom he(AC) shall acknowledge and increase with glory: and he(AC) shall cause them to rule over many, and shall divide the land(Israel) for gain."

40: "And at the time of the end shall the king of the south (Pope?) push at him(AC): and the king of the north(AC) shall come against him(Pope?) like a whirlwind, with chariots, and with horsemen, and with many ships; and he shall enter into the countries, and shall overflow and pass over."

41: "He(AC) shall enter also into the glorious land(Israel), and many countries shall be overthrown: but these shall escape out of his hand, even Edom, and Moab, and the chief of the children of Ammon(Jordon his nephew's country)."

42: "He(AC) shall stretch forth his hand also upon the countries: and the land of Egypt shall not escape."

43: "But he(AC) shall have power over the treasures of gold and of silver, and over all the precious things of Egypt: and the Libyans and the Ethiopians shall be at his steps."

44: "But tidings out of the east(China&etc) and out of the north(fallen Russian states) shall trouble him(AC): therefore he(AC) shall go forth with great fury to destroy, and utterly to make away many."

45: "And he(AC) shall plant the tabernacles of his(AC) palace between the seas in the glorious holy(Temple mount) mountain; yet he(AC) shall come to his end, and none shall help him."

Sorry Mike, I don't see it that way. I agree with my pastor that everything through verse 34 has been fulfilled:

http://www.bibletrack.org/cgi-bin/bible.pl?incr=0&mo=12&dy=13

Will there be a dual fulfillment? Perhaps. But the king of the north in Daniel 11 is not Russia. I am convinced of that.

Babylon will be the antichrist's commerce headquarters, which is north of Israel. Russia will be soundly defeated along with the Muslims at the beginning of the Tribulation that will help pave the way for the Babylonian religion to rise:

http://www.trackingbibleprophecy.org/rapture2.php#babylonian

I firmly believe that the "king of the north" will be the antichrist. The context in the last part of Daniel 11 fits. It also fits with the fact that another famous Babylonian king, Nebuchadnezzar, was a "king of the north" of Israel.

Ecclesiastes 1:9 That which has been is what will be, That which is done is what will be done, And there is nothing new under the sun.

Ezekiel 38 - Gog and armies are wiped out by God
Revelation 20 - Gog and armies are wiped out by God

Jeremiah 25 - Nebuchadnezzar (king of the north) takes over Israel
Daniel 11 - The antichrist (king of the north) takes over Israel

AmyVG
Sorry Mike, I don't see it that way. I agree with my pastor that everything through verse 34 has been fulfilled:

http://www.bibletrack.org/cgi-bin/bible.pl?incr=0&mo=12&dy=13

Will there be a dual fulfillment? Perhaps. But the king of the north in Daniel 11 is not Russia. I am convinced of that.

Babylon will be the antichrist's commerce headquarters, which is north of Israel. Russia will be soundly defeated along with the Muslims at the beginning of the Tribulation that will help pave the way for the Babylonian religion to rise:

http://www.trackingbibleprophecy.org/rapture2.php#babylonian

I firmly believe that the "king of the north" will be the antichrist. The context in the last part of Daniel 11 fits. It also fits with the fact that another famous Babylonian king, Nebuchadnezzar, was a "king of the north" of Israel.

Ecclesiastes 1:9 That which has been is what will be, That which is done is what will be done, And there is nothing new under the sun.

Ezekiel 38 - Gog and armies are wiped out by God
Revelation 20 - Gog and armies are wiped out by God

Jeremiah 25 - Nebuchadnezzar (king of the north) takes over Israel
Daniel 11 - The antichrist (king of the north) takes over Israel

Dear Amy,

Pls re-read verse15-19 with an open mind...this time thinking of the 2 Empires (Russia Alliance & USA-UK-EU ALlies) when Gog/Magog invaded Israel and South would not withstand(stop) Gog/Magog. So Russia enters Israel...but God destroys Gog/Magog.

Then...a raiser of taxes shall come in for Russia...but no more...
Then this AntiChrist (maybe the King of Babylon) would come in peacebly to 'claim control' of the whole RUSSIAN-Muslim Empire and all the Nuclear Arms...now do you see what I mean?

mike
Dear Amy,

Pls re-read verse15-19 with an open mind...this time thinking of the 2 Empires (Russia Alliance & USA-UK-EU ALlies) when Gog/Magog invaded Israel and South would not withstand(stop) Gog/Magog. So Russia enters Israel...but God destroys Gog/Magog.

Then...a raiser of taxes shall come in for Russia...but no more...
Then this AntiChrist (maybe the King of Babylon) would come in peacebly to 'claim control' of the whole RUSSIAN-Muslim Empire and all the Nuclear Arms...now do you see what I mean?

mike
Daniel:11:
15: "So the king of the north(Russia or Muslim Brotherhood) shall come, and cast up a mount, and take the most fenced cities: and the (Nuclear)arms of the south(USA) shall not withstand(BE USED), neither his chosen people, neither shall there be any strength to withstand.(USA shall not STAND against Russia)"

16: "But he(Russia) that cometh against him shall do according to his own will, and none shall stand before him: and he(Russia) shall stand in the glorious land(Israel invaded by Gog/Magog), which by his hand shall be consumed.(2/3 of Israel destroyed)"

17: "He(Russia or Muslim Brotherhood) shall also set his face to enter with the strength of his whole kingdom(although 5/6 almost whole), and upright ones with him; thus shall he do: and he shall give him(Russians) the daughter of women(Israelite women ravished), corrupting her: but she shall not stand on his side, neither be for him."

18: "After this shall he(Russia) turn his face unto the isles, and shall take many: but a prince(Prime Minister Putin?) for his own behalf shall cause the reproach offered by him to cease; without his own reproach he shall cause it to turn upon him."

19: "Then he(Russia) shall turn his face toward the fort of his own land(Russia): but he shall stumble and fall, and not be found.(Russia destroyed)"

Russia does not destroy 2/3 of Israel. They fall in the open field and the mountains before they can get far enough to harm Israel. There are many areas of prophecy that are fuzzy to me, but this isn't one of them. History has shown us that the first part of Daniel has already been fulfilled. Ezekiel 38-39 tells us that Russia will be severely Judged before they can harm Israel. I am convinced that Russia is nowhere in Daniel 11. We will have to agree to disagree on this one.

Ezekiel 39:1 “And you, son of man, prophesy against Gog, and say, ‘Thus says the Lord GOD: “Behold, I am against you, O Gog, the prince of Rosh, Meshech, and Tubal; 2 and I will turn you around and lead you on, bringing you up from the far north, and bring you against the mountains of Israel. 3 Then I will knock the bow out of your left hand, and cause the arrows to fall out of your right hand. 4 You shall fall upon the mountains of Israel, you and all your troops and the peoples who are with you; I will give you to birds of prey of every sort and to the beasts of the field to be devoured. 5 You shall fall on the open field; for I have spoken,” says the Lord GOD.

Zechariah:13:8,9: "And it shall come to pass, that in all the land, saith the LORD, TWO PARTS therein shall be cut off and die; but the THIRD shall be left therein. And I will bring the THIRD part through the fire, and will refine them as silver is refined, and will try them as gold is tried: they shall call on my name, and I will hear them: I will say, It is my people: and they shall say, The LORD is my God."

Since God blessed Israel with double portions than the world...Israel shall have double destruction than the world.

I believe this 2/3 destruction of Israel will happen when God destroy 1/3 of Earth by Fire&Brimstone...the same day Russia was destroyed by Fire&Brimstone.

mike
Zechariah:13:8,9: "And it shall come to pass, that in all the land, saith the LORD, TWO PARTS therein shall be cut off and die; but the THIRD shall be left therein. And I will bring the THIRD part through the fire, and will refine them as silver is refined, and will try them as gold is tried: they shall call on my name, and I will hear them: I will say, It is my people: and they shall say, The LORD is my God."

Since God blessed Israel with double portions than the world...Israel shall have double destruction than the world.

I believe this 2/3 destruction of Israel will happen when God destroy 1/3 of Earth by Fire&Brimstone...the same day Russia was destroyed by Fire&Brimstone.

You have just made a huge assumption here that the fire is the same as what will be poured out during the Gog and Magog War. We also see fire and brimstone in Revelation 9 and fire coming down burning up trees in Revelation 8. Are they all the same event!? The context of Zechariah 13 is the fiery trial of Daniel's 70th Week that will finish the punishment for their transgressions. We see this period of indignation described as God's Wrath being fire in Isaiah 66:

Isaiah 66:14 When you see this, your heart shall rejoice,
And your bones shall flourish like grass;
The hand of the LORD shall be known to His servants,
And His indignation to His enemies.
15 For behold, the LORD will come with fire
And with His chariots, like a whirlwind,
To render His anger with fury,
And His rebuke with flames of fire.
16 For by fire and by His sword
The LORD will judge all flesh;
And the slain of the LORD shall be many.

Mike it is apparent that you have a pre-conceived idea here that you are trying to make Scripture fit. You have me even less convinced than in your first post.

AmyVG
mike

You have just made a huge assumption here that the fire is the same as what will be poured out during the Gog and Magog War. We also see fire and brimstone in Revelation 9 and fire coming down burning up trees in Revelation 8. Are they all the same event!? The context of Zechariah 13 is the fiery trial of Daniel's 70th Week that will finish the punishment for their transgressions. We see this period of indignation described as God's Wrath being fire in Isaiah 66:

Isaiah 66:14 When you see this, your heart shall rejoice,
And your bones shall flourish like grass;
The hand of the LORD shall be known to His servants,
And His indignation to His enemies.
15 For behold, the LORD will come with fire
And with His chariots, like a whirlwind,
To render His anger with fury,
And His rebuke with flames of fire.
16 For by fire and by His sword
The LORD will judge all flesh;
And the slain of the LORD shall be many.

Mike it is apparent that you have a pre-conceived idea here that you are trying to make Scripture fit. You have me even less convinced than in your first post.

Dear Amy,

How do you explain the fire that burnt Russia? destroyed so large an area of the entire earth...do you see the heat waves which devours moscow?

Ezekiel:39:6: "And I will send a fire on Magog, and among them that dwell carelessly in the isles: and they shall know that I am the LORD."

I believe all the Trumpets Judgement would start the same day Russia is destroyed!!! not only fire burning 1/3 of the world...even the whole world was shaken.

Ezekiel38:20: "So that the fishes of the sea, and the fowls of the heaven, and the beasts of the field, and all creeping things that creep upon the earth, and all the men that are upon the face of the earth, shall shake at my presence..."

I believe this is the same Haggai event!

Haggai:2:21,22: "Speak to Zerubbabel, governor of Judah, saying, I will shake the heavens and the earth;
And I will overthrow the throne of kingdoms, and I will destroy the strength of the kingdoms of the heathen; and I will overthrow the chariots, and those that ride in them; and the horses and their riders shall come down, every one by the sword of his brother."

Ezekiel:38:21: "And I will call for a sword against him throughout all my mountains, saith the Lord GOD: every man's sword shall be against his brother."

Mike, there is nothing prohibiting similar events happening in separate Judgments. You are making some huge assumptions on the matter. This discussion is going nowhere, and frankly it doesn't have much to do with my original post. I am done. If someone else wants to engage you in this discussion, they can be my guest.

Alright Amy,

I would not discuss further unless someone wanted me to share...I believe worldwide earthquakes will be limited to 2 only...1 for trumpet and the other for vial judgements...if you believe Russia's judgement is another worldwide earthquake...so be it.

I know GOD has declared the end from the beggining, and everything comes full circle, remember like the days of Noah it will be? Also, people left behind for the tribulation will re live the book of lamentations.

<>
Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com