Welcome!

Please join us on our new website @:

Welcome To Rapture In The Air
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
King of the South

Good morning,

This morning, Pastor Hagee gave a brief summary of the Egypt uprising.
In that summary he said, "The King of the South has mounted his horse".

Who is the King of the South?

thank you.

One Day Closer Home

Re: King of the South

Hi Peacewithin

In Daniel 11:40, it talks of "the King of the South". Most bible scholars believe it refers to Egypt.

Here is a commentary by Jack Kelley on Daniel 11 and the Kings of the North and South. It's one of the prophectic passages which many consider to have already had a partial [forerunner] fulfillment, and yet is awaiting the complete [actual] fulfillment.

http://gracethrufaith.com/ikvot-hamashiach/competing-for-the-title-king-of-the-north/

Thank you blueteapot for your kind response.

You are very welcome...

Blessings on your day!

According to Daniel,

The Greek Empire broke into 4 winds and out of the South came a King which had great dominion.

It is not simply Egypt. It could be the Roman Empire which controls Israel till now...USA/UK/UN/EU are still influencing as King of the South.

The King of the North is Muslim Empire (from Ottomon/Bzantine period till Gog/Magog) and I believe AntiChrist will control the North.

see thread.

see
http://pub48.bravenet.com/forum/static/show.php?usernum=4086901292&frmid=13&msgid=1057274&cmd=show

http://www.simplesite.com/7churches/43730278

free doc Revived Roman Empire
http://www.simplesite.com/7churches/43730272

Email: mikettc2002@yahoo.com.sg

mike
It is not simply Egypt. It could be the Roman Empire which controls Israel till now...USA/UK/UN/EU are still influencing as King of the South.

I'm sorry Mike, but from where comes the idea that the Roman Empire - which was north of Israel - is the King of the South? That doesn't make sense to me. I don't think I've ever heard or read of any bible scholar who proposed such an identification.

We know that the Roman Empire divided into it's western half, which fell first and it's eastern half, which last until the 1400's. But the title "King of the South" wouldn't seem to lend itself to either, since neither were "south" and the bible is pretty specific on that point.

Do you remember (Nebuchadnezzar's dream) the stature with 2 legs...& feet with 10 Toes

This shows Roman Empire (South) with Muslim Empire (North)

There is no east mentioned yet...kings of the East are Chinese/Japanese/Koreas/SoutheastAsian countries etc which had to fight with AntiChrist after Gog/Magog was destroyed...see what I mean?

Kings of east gathered out of the north(only after Daniel 11:verse44) ...for last WorldWar...War of the Worlds

blueteapot

We know that the Roman Empire divided into it's western half, which fell first and it's eastern half, which last until the 1400's. But the title "King of the South" wouldn't seem to lend itself to either, since neither were "south" and the bible is pretty specific on that point.

If you look at the ENTIRE EMPIRE of EU/UN/UK/USA...even India, Australia, Arabia, SouthEastAsia,Africa which are South are controlled by Western Powers.

Russia, China, Iran, Syria, Turkey, East Europe are North of Israel.
See the whole picture now?

So when Russia and allies being destroyed...only China and the east left behind to submit to EU,USA,UK,UN the west.
AntiChrist would claim to be King of Babylon as the King of Hashemite Kingdom (Russia & Muslim Empire) and control all the Nuclear Arms.

So Babylon would become the Centre Stage of the Endtimes!

mike
Do you remember (Nebuchadnezzar's dream) the stature with 2 legs...& feet with 10 Toes

Yes, the dream had two legs, and they are generally acknowledged to be the two "legs" of the Roman Empire. And there is much speculation that the ten toes represent the revived Roman Empire, yet to come.

This shows Roman Empire (South) with Muslim Empire (North)

Here your theory starts to not make sense to me....the western part (the Roman Empire) and the eastern part (the Byzantine Empire) don't seem to have any connection to the prophecies of the north & south kings.

Aren’t you crossing two different prophecies here? One, the statue in Daniel 2, was partly fulfilled down to the legs (toes yet to come). The other, the Kings of the North and South in Daniel 11, was partly fulfilled in history with the Seleucid Empire vs. Ptolemy I & II of Egypt. This seems to pretty clearly establish the King of the South as coming from Egypt.

If you look at the ENTIRE EMPIRE of EU/UN/UK/USA...even India, Australia, Arabia, SouthEastAsia,Africa which are South are controlled by Western Powers.

Most commentators tend to identify the UK, USA, AUS and even Canada as the merchants of Tarshish and the young lions therein…and that makes a lot of sense. Culturally, the US, Canada and Australia are the natural off-spring of the British Isles. None of the others, such as India, held by the British Empire for a time, have that same cultural “birth” connection, already having their own established cultures which were simply thinly overlaid by the English culture for a time, but not replaced by it. As such, I would not group them together. What is now the EU is more of what use to be the western half of the Roman Empire.

Russia, China, Iran, Syria, Turkey, East Europe are North of Israel.
See the whole picture now?

That's a large group you have lumped together there. And most of it was not originally part of the Roman Empire. Only a portion of Turkey and maybe part of Eastern Europe, but not the rest.

I guess I'm still not seeing where you make a connection between the Roman Empire, either leg, and the prophecy of the North & South Kings.

Blueteapot...Pls note that Empires are people or civilisations...which grows in time. Expanding more and more till the 4 ends of the Earth.

The African, Indian, Australian etc are linked to EU companies economically, militarily and even religions influence as well.

All the commercial companies are German/British/American/Italian/Spainish/Portugese...

You can see that everywhere in this whole world that every infra structures is made of IRON and Clay!

Have you downloaded my files? Pls read them.

blueteapot

Most commentators tend to identify the UK, USA, AUS and even Canada as the merchants of Tarshish and the young lions therein…and that makes a lot of sense. Culturally, the US, Canada and Australia are the natural off-spring of the British Isles. None of the others, such as India, held by the British Empire for a time, have that same cultural “birth” connection, already having their own established cultures which were simply thinly overlaid by the English culture for a time, but not replaced by it. As such, I would not group them together. What is now the EU is more of what use to be the western half of the Roman Empire.

Pls note that Roman Catholics are still around from day after HolyRomanEmpire became Europe modernised and exist till now...where is the break?

EU has already marked out the 10 Regions which has been fulfilled. see below

http://ec.europa.eu/world/where/index_en.htm

India and many nations of the Persian Empire fell to Greek/Romans Empires too...remember Alexandra the Great invaded India where there were elephants used...now India is still under UN's indirect rule too.

Cultures need not be changed...Israel which was under 4Empires has the same culture till now right?

Hi Mike

One last post on this tonight and then my part of the conversation will have to wait for another day....it's past my bedtime!

I've attempted to look at your excel file. Two things:

1) I see you have a map with the four divisions of the break-up of Alexander's kingdom, labelled north, south, east and west. What I don't understand is why did you labelled the west as east, the east as south, and the south as west? I do not understand your rationale for such labels.

2) I will try to look at it more as I have time, but I have to say...and please don't take this wrong...that I find that chart very hard to read and understand....I can tell you worked very hard on it and put a lot of thought into it...but there is so much stuff on one page, that the whole becomes overwhelming, and one doesn't know where to start.

Interesting discussion...but one I will have to pick up later...

blueteapot
Hi Mike

One last post on this tonight and then my part of the conversation will have to wait for another day....it's past my bedtime!

I've attempted to look at your excel file. Two things:

1) I see you have a map with the four divisions of the break-up of Alexander's kingdom, labelled north, south, east and west. What I don't understand is why did you labelled the west as east, the east as south, and the south as west? I do not understand your rationale for such labels.

Thanks Blueteapot for looking at the file which was compiled in 2009AD.

You are very observant!

I like playing strategic wargames such as RISK and Romance of 3 Kingdoms... normally the territories changes so quickly and so much that some kingdoms expanded eastwards and southern kingdoms expanded westwards.

I too was puzzled until I figure out that the Eastern General could possibly lost his Eastern lands and became less powerful and so have been easily conquered by the Northern General of Alexandra.

And the Southern General could easily conquer the Western General of
(Africa-Egypt)

Julius Caesar (before being made Caesar) return after controlling Egypt. remember Cleopatra?

Then sometime after that they emerged only 2 Kings:-Northern& Southern conquered land Portions.

Then few hundred years later, Julius Caesar,the Southern King
took over the Northern king and so became the Caesar.

Possibly in 707 A.U.C....NOT 46BC because Roman calendars uses Lunar Calendar of 354.5days only.

Julius Caesar was then assasinated and Mark Anthony and Augustus Caesar fought with the Northern.

Mark Anthony was in Egypt with Cleopatra before dying when Augustus Caesar came after him.

Soon the Southern was in the Glorious Land as the 4th Empire...Roman Empire...and so till the time of Christ and ...now as Southern Empire again.

Wasn't the seat of Roman power always in Rome(relative to Egypt)? Calling Rome a southern kingdom when the king is in the north or west doesn't make much sense, to me.

If you are right, mike, the terminology in the bible becomes much less useful. Should we not take the literal meaning first?

Hal Lindsey spoke of the King of the South in his weekly video this week.
http://www.hallindsey.com

Dear GM,

Sorry that I could only reply now cos' I was ill since 7Feb.

The King of South need not mean His Capitol. King of the South Empire.
Pls read the documents which blueteapot saw too.
Then you will realise Daniel was looking into the 2 Empires of the same Roman Iron&Clay Empire which is still around till date.

Rome is the capitol city since Christ' times.
Rome is still the same capitol till now.

Daniel's South was the same Roman Empire which became the 4th Empire right?

Pls download and read my document.

mike, that is an interesting way to look at it; Daniel's perspective. I see the logic. Far be it from me to not consider someone else's "out of the box" thinking . The writer's own perspective is definitely a correct method of understanding.

If the progression of events is a bit slower than I am thinking now, I will probably do some more study on this.

Glad you are feeling better now, God's Blessings to you.

GM
mike, that is an interesting way to look at it; Daniel's perspective. I see the logic. Far be it from me to not consider someone else's "out of the box" thinking . The writer's own perspective is definitely a correct method of understanding.

If the progression of events is a bit slower than I am thinking now, I will probably do some more study on this.

Glad you are feeling better now, God's Blessings to you.

Thanks GM, I am feeling better.

I am not thinking out of the box...I am just reading literally what the context is saying. The context is talking about 2 endtimes Super Powers which are separated geographically North&South.

Russia&Muslim countries is normally interested in the Northern areas and Europe has been conquering all the vast territories such as Africa, India, Australia, North&South America, etc.

If you look at the world map and see how the countries are influenced by commonwealth/Europe/US compared with the Muslim world...you will see and tell the difference easily.

Although many young countries developed later...they are indirectly linked to the North/South empires.

<>
Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com